United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2007, 02:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Is this based purely on that often eerie notion that it so obviously points to a home win so it's bound to be an away win?
that's about the size of it. :0)

but then, not only have we been waiting for that ronaldo/rooney thing to catch fire, we've also be waiting for tommy k to klutz, heinze/vidic to lunge at the wrong moment, rio to be looking somewhere else, ronaldo to give the ball away cheaply in our half, rooney to be unable to hit a barn door, carrick to disappear, giggs to pull his hamstring......

anything could happen. yakubu and viduka may just have golden touches.

I wish we had scored a couple more goals in the first half of the original game. £#%&! knows how they scabbed a draw out of that.

Unread 19-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Boro to win 3-1.

Unread 19-03-2007, 03:06 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that's about the size of it. :0)

but then, not only have we been waiting for that ronaldo/rooney thing to catch fire, we've also be waiting for tommy k to klutz, heinze/vidic to lunge at the wrong moment, rio to be looking somewhere else, ronaldo to give the ball away cheaply in our half, rooney to be unable to hit a barn door, carrick to disappear, giggs to pull his hamstring......

anything could happen. yakubu and viduka may just have golden touches.

I wish we had scored a couple more goals in the first half of the original game. £#%&! knows how they scabbed a draw out of that.
Yes, it all could happen. But that's just football. You could apply that logic to any game and think we'll lose.

Also, Ronaldo and Rooney catching fire is something they are trying to do and should happen. Kuc etc making mistakes is something they're obviousy not.

I'd hardly say they are often prone to mistakes or that it's bound to happen, they're just not completely reliable. But you still have to have faith in them. The fringe players, as a whole, have done us proud when they've come in.

Also, like I've said, our ball retention is so much better these last couple of games that I don't expect Boro to see enough of the ball to hurt us properly.

I really can't see Boro having enough to beat us tonight. They've done nothing under Southgate to suggest they will.
We played so well on Saturday and we've got the momentum with it only being two days ago.

Worry ye not, Jemster. It's better for your health.

Unread 19-03-2007, 03:25 PM
jem

Default it's not the fact

that they're fringe players that worries me. tommy k is no more likely to £#%&! up than edwin has been in the last few games he's played. those who slate the shot-stopping loveshack seem to forget that vds was a quivering wreck anyway. I still rate the pole over foster, for example. the rest of the team I don't consider to be fringe players.

Quote:
You could apply that logic to any game and think we'll lose.
er.... yeah..... so what's your point? :0)

Unread 19-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Jack Duckworth

2-1 united

carrick will score tonight. i've just had v50 on him in the betting lounge.

Unread 19-03-2007, 03:50 PM
S/Side.Red

I find it impossible to worry about a team managed by Gareth Southgate.

The bloke is not capable of leading any team - let alone Middlesbrough - to a win at Old Trafford. The best he can hope for is extra time, but we'll breeze past them with considerable ease.

Unread 19-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
What about a 1k bet on Carrick to score?
I can manage 100.

Unread 19-03-2007, 04:37 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

er.... yeah..... so what's your point? :0)
My point is that if you worry that Yakubu MIGHT run rings around us or Kuszczak MIGHT £#%&! up or Ronaldo MIGHT give the ball away in a dangerous area etc etc then you'll never enjoy another game again.

Anything MIGHT happen in a game. Anticipation of one particular thing happening (especially negative stuff) is pointless. Taking a broader view of what you think might happen that is based on a genuine concern i.e. playe tiredness, our struggling in the air from set pieces or our lack of depth at the moment (all concerns that would be viable due to previous displays and facts).

You simply can't account for instances. Try not to worry about it too much.

You could concede a 30 yard rocket at any time in a game. If you live in constant fear of it then you'll be a wreck each game.

Chillax!!

We'll win. I promise, Jem. Would I lie?

Unread 19-03-2007, 04:52 PM
jem

Default I know

what your point was, jc!

I do worry about every game.

Unread 19-03-2007, 04:57 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
what your point was, jc!

I do worry about every game.
Ooh, love!

Now I'M worried.

Thing is, bet it doesn't make you any less disappointed when we do lose does it?

Unread 19-03-2007, 05:13 PM
jem

Default no

it doesn't.

I just bang my head on the floor screaming "I knew it, I £#%&!ing knew it".

I relaxed when we went 3-0 up against bolton. well, apart from cursing individual errors and the overhanging sense of foreboding about the rest of the season.

Unread 19-03-2007, 05:27 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it doesn't.

I just bang my head on the floor screaming "I knew it, I £#%&!ing knew it".

I relaxed when we went 3-0 up against bolton. well, apart from cursing individual errors and the overhanging sense of foreboding about the rest of the season.

I still found myself saying 'first ten minutes is important' when the second half kicked off

Any title win/FA Cup/Champions league/Treble will be accopanied by a 'Well, I should bloody think so too!' from Jem.

Unread 19-03-2007, 05:30 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Any title win/FA Cup/Champions league/Treble will be accopanied by a 'Well, I should bloody think so too!' from Jem.
yup, there's no real upside to supporting united.

Unread 19-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Torquemada

Because of the unexpectedness of it all (top of the table, QF of Champions League and FA Cup) I am in absolute bits every time we play at the moment. The first 15 minutes of every half are horrible, and I am having to lay off the pop, because if I get on it, I can quite easily do 6-8 pints during a game. Everyone else I know is the same. It's great, but terrible at the same time. I wouldn't have it any different though.

Unread 19-03-2007, 05:38 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
It's great, but terrible at the same time. I wouldn't have it any different though.
Indeed. The Bolton game was the first, relatively stress free League game in a while. By contrast, the Fulham & dippers* games felt like 2 hour heart attacks

£#%&! me, my nerves are going to be shot when the season finishes!

* Actually, the anfield game was much much worse. I've never been that tense and stressed out watching a game. Thank £#%&! for O'Shea!!!

Unread 19-03-2007, 05:39 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
Because of the unexpectedness of it all (top of the table, QF of Champions League and FA Cup) I am in absolute bits every time we play at the moment. The first 15 minutes of every half are horrible, and I am having to lay off the pop, because if I get on it, I can quite easily do 6-8 pints during a game. Everyone else I know is the same. It's great, but terrible at the same time. I wouldn't have it any different though.
Football eh. Bloody hell!

Unread 19-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Football eh. Bloody hell!
Yup, and I'm already getting the fear for tonight....

Unread 19-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that would be criminal as we don't have a game for two weeks.
thats exactly why he wont start. SAF is our manager remember. I dont think logic is his strong point sometimes.

Closed Thread