United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf I think he means talent level. In Martial's debut season he scored 17 goals while Sterling - who is a year older - got 11. At that time I don't think you'd have found a single person on this forum who would have swapped them. Same goes for Sane, De Bruyne etc.

There's no doubt Guardiola has been brilliant for Sterling, while Mourinho has been damaging for our young players.
Then the forum would’ve been wrong, wouldn’t it.

Not arguing Martial and everyone else haven’t been badly coached. I like him too and on song he can be good to watch. My point is it’s ridiculous to say he’s more ‘talented’ than any of the above, on any kind of level. It’s like blues saying Kinkladze was a better player than Scholes.

Unread 14-11-2018, 09:49 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
It’s like blues saying Kinkladze was a better player than Scholes.
Jesus

Unread 14-11-2018, 11:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Then the forum would’ve been wrong, wouldn’t it.

Not arguing Martial and everyone else haven’t been badly coached. I like him too and on song he can be good to watch. My point is it’s ridiculous to say he’s more ‘talented’ than any of the above, on any kind of level. It’s like blues saying Kinkladze was a better player than Scholes.
Why?

Talent is only part of the jigsaw. In fact when you reach the highest level it's probably 25%. Being more talented doesn't mean you will be a better player. Quaresma was the jewel in the Sporting academy when Ronaldo was there. He was the bigger talent. Seems absurd now, but that's because talent is only part of the equation. Any gap in talent between players can be closed by numerous other factors.

Unread 15-11-2018, 12:38 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Why?

Talent is only part of the jigsaw. In fact when you reach the highest level it's probably 25%. Being more talented doesn't mean you will be a better player. Quaresma was the jewel in the Sporting academy when Ronaldo was there. He was the bigger talent. Seems absurd now, but that's because talent is only part of the equation. Any gap in talent between players can be closed by numerous other factors.
As good as Quaresma was mate, it evidently clear Ronaldo has more natural talent ffs.

Unread 15-11-2018, 04:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
As good as Quaresma was mate, it evidently clear Ronaldo has more natural talent ffs.
Facts, pal.

Quaresma was the one everyone thought was the superstar, which is why he went to Barca and nobody was biting at Ronaldo until we played Sporting in a friendly. Quaresma's talent is absurd, which is why he plays at a high level at 35 despite never taking a training session or manager he's worked with seriously

Unread 15-11-2018, 08:15 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Facts, pal.

Quaresma was the one everyone thought was the superstar, which is why he went to Barca and nobody was biting at Ronaldo until we played Sporting in a friendly. Quaresma's talent is absurd, which is why he plays at a high level at 35 despite never taking a training session or manager he's worked with seriously
absurd is the right word ffs

Unread 17-11-2018, 10:20 AM
utd99

Quote:
Facts, pal.

So you’ll readily admit this about Quaresma -because it doesn’t matter and you don’t have an established position to defend- but won’t even consider the notion that other players, namely Martial, may have a bit of it in them too.
But hey, why be balanced when there’s an agenda to press on with?

Unread 17-11-2018, 07:40 PM
red in cumbria

£#%&! me, this thread is still going?

Unread 17-11-2018, 07:41 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
£#%&! me, this thread is still going?
last post Today, 10:20 AM