Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Oh no it isnt
Silence, infidels.

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Silence, infidels.
Wish I was wrong. But who the £#%&! buys a failing business that's already £500m in debt for £4bn+ that will want an immediate further investment of about £1bn to arrest it's decline? Nobody is that dumb.

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:29 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:30 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wish I was wrong. But who the £#%&! buys a failing business that's already £500m in debt for £4bn+ that will want an immediate further investment of about £1bn to arrest it's decline? Nobody is that dumb.

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:38 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
stolen

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:45 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
stolen
Get your hands chopped off for that pal.

Unread 08-05-2019, 01:20 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Minor investment for Saudis. Potential PR value very high.

Personally I’d advise them to steer clear for all sorts of reasons, but I can see why they’d be tempted.

Unread 08-05-2019, 01:23 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Personally I’d advise them to steer clear for all sorts of reasons, but I can see why they’d be tempted.
Yep, wouldn’t want the Saudis dirtying their image being associated with United.

Unread 08-05-2019, 01:31 PM
dunk

Quote:

Doesn't matter how much they are worth, £5-6bn is not a minor investment, they aren't a charity.

Unread 08-05-2019, 02:02 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Doesn't matter how much they are worth, £5-6bn is not a minor investment, they aren't a charity.
I get that. And you’re right. But it’s a diffent kind of investment. like Abu Dhabi with city. Qatar with PSG. Are they making their money back? Do they care? What they are getting though is soft power - respectability, credibility, both for the country and for the state owned companies that sponsor these clubs. Good PR opens a lot of doors. It’s a sovereign investment not a private investment.

Still think they’d be mental to do so.

Unread 08-05-2019, 02:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
I get that. But it’s like Abu Dhabi with city. Qatar with PSG. Are they making their money back? What they are getting though is soft power - respectability, credibility both for the country and for the state owned companies that sponsor these clubs. Good PR opens a lot of doors. It’s a sovereign investment not a private investment.

It's a quarter of the price for those 2, and they'd potentially get the bulk of their money back if they sold up.

Not a chance of that with United.

Unread 08-05-2019, 02:14 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
It's a quarter of the price for those 2, and they'd potentially get the bulk of their money back if they sold up.

Not a chance of that with United.
Quarter of the price for nothing clubs, utd is still one of, if not the, biggest brands in sport and the reach it gives is unrivalled. The straight up commercial evaluation has very little bearing. Do you not see how much the Chinese are spending on football?

Unread 08-05-2019, 02:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Quarter of the price for nothing clubs, utd is still one of, if not the, biggest brands in sport and the reach it gives is unrivalled. The straight up commercial evaluation has very little bearing. Do you not see how much the Chinese are spending on football?
You'd like to think this would be the case, but here we are enjoying a slow bleed to death with no sign or hope of rescue.

Neither are nothing clubs anymore, both have a higher profile than us currently, and both are doing far better on the pitch.

They may as well buy Newcastle and throw their monies behind them, they'll eventually reach the level of United for half the price.

There isn't actually any indication that they have any interest though, not in football or United, really. Shit newspaper articles aside..

Unread 08-05-2019, 02:27 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
I get that. And you’re right. But it’s a diffent kind of investment. like Abu Dhabi with city. Qatar with PSG. Are they making their money back? Do they care? What they are getting though is soft power - respectability, credibility, both for the country and for the state owned companies that sponsor these clubs. Good PR opens a lot of doors. It’s a sovereign investment not a private investment.

All of this plus it's not massive money for them.

Tbh, it smells like the Glazers are trying to offload and have identified the Saudis as the only ones with the cash, appetite and motivation to take it on.

I suspect they will need some persuading though.

Quote:
You'd like to think this would be the case, but here we are enjoying a slow bleed to death with no sign or hope of rescue.

Neither are nothing clubs anymore, both have a higher profile than us currently, and both are doing far better on the pitch.

They may as well buy Newcastle and throw their monies behind them, they'll eventually reach the level of United for half the price.
United have immediate worldwide reach. City simply don't, yet.

Unread 08-05-2019, 02:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
United have immediate worldwide reach. City simply don't, yet.
They'll get there before we win the title again and before the spending gets to £5bn.

Unread 08-05-2019, 02:31 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

Both were and are pretty much nothing clubs, except the money that has been spent trying to make them something else and neither were bought with profit in mind.

I certainly wouldn't consider a saudi takeover as a savior, end of days for me, but could well see it happening

Unread 08-05-2019, 02:50 PM
red red robbo

Quote:

There isn't actually any indication that they have any interest though, not in football or United, really. Shit newspaper articles aside..
Do you seriously think anyone would spend £4-5bn on City. Their worth isn't real because their owner has bumped up all their sponsorship deals which has falsely inflated their revenues.

Unread 08-05-2019, 02:54 PM
Ethers

United are pretty far from a failing business, if you look at it in purely financial terms.

Unread 08-05-2019, 02:57 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
United are pretty far from a failing business, if you look at it in purely financial terms.
But we're also not worth £4b to anyone interested in investing in it as a business.

We're only worth that to someone who needs to raise their profile (ie the Saudi's).

We have assets of around £500m, debts that are around the same and profits <£50m.

In most markets that would see us valued at significantly less than £1b.
Closed Thread