Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:08 PM
armchair

Default erik ten hag

in or out.

poll to follow

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:10 PM
red in cumbria

He is cursed, just when it looks he is pulling something together all our decent players get injured.

Without luck, nobody can succeed.

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:12 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
He is cursed, just when it looks he is pulling something together all our decent players get injured.

Without luck, nobody can succeed.
The injuries can't be put down to luck. Training is clearly too intense.

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
The injuries can't be put down to luck. Training is clearly too intense.
Martinez and Shaw were not "injured in training".

And as others have asked, what do we £#%&!ing DO in training anyway, given how abject we are in games like today's?

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:13 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

He’ll stay until the appointments above him are made and they define the style/philosophy etc but he should go and likely will do at that point.

Ten losses in a season , abject buys, abject football. No sense that they’re improving really . Doubts about man management, stacks of training injuries. Ultimately though we should be better than this after nearly two seasons.

To paraphrase big Jim, we don’t look to be walking towards the right solution.

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:14 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
He’ll stay until the appointments above him are made and they define the style/philosophy etc but he should go and likely will do at that point.

Ten losses in a season , abject buys, abject football. No sense that they’re improving really . Doubts about man management, stacks of training injuries. Ultimately though we should be better than this after nearly two seasons.

Erik Ten Loss

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:15 PM
larry

no voters cannot understand this

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:16 PM
ZiggyStardust

I voted out but that’s for the summer
No point sacking him now although if it’s as bad as I think it could be next week then there might not be an option

New regime was always going to want their own guy and ETH isn’t showing anything to make you think it would be worth keeping him

Looks like he’s given up his principles to try desperately to get results to hold onto his job
For that he’s shown he’s not up to it
Should have stuck by his style of football and demanded the players played it but he’s given up on that
He’ll look back on his time at Utd with a lot of regret

Yes we’ve had injuries this season but this is the worst football I’ve ever seen at Utd and then is no excuse for that

Finport Red

In.

Just.

RedNick80

First time I’ve wavered. The lack of being able to get them to play even slightly like a unit, even with our shit players is worrying.

However, though BJR is in, it’s not going to change the direction immediately.

I think ETH is a victim of being the only one prior to now trying to maintain high standards. Clearly there is still a dressing room problem, and looking at Rashford as a senior player he clearly isn’t interested.

The high wage journeyman will take years to resolve.

Is there a better candidate? I’m not sure.

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:18 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
Regardless of the structure, we should put up more of a fight than that at home to Fulham.

The manager should be able to get more out of those players than he is. That is fundamentally his job. Our starting XI possessed more ability than Fulham's.

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:18 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Are you saying there are no better coaches in world football than Erik?

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:19 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
I voted out but that’s for the summer
No point sacking him now although if it’s as bad as I think it could be next week then there might not be an option

New regime was always going to want their own guy and ETH isn’t showing anything to make you think it would be worth keeping him

Looks like he’s given up his principles to try desperately to get results to hold onto his job
For that he’s shown he’s not up to it
Should have stuck by his style of football and demanded the players played it but he’s given up on that
He’ll look back on his time at Utd with a lot of regret

Yes we’ve had injuries this season but this is the worst football I’ve ever seen at Utd and then is no excuse for that
Getting difficult to argue this.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Our starting XI possessed more ability than Fulham's.
And less everything else.

People defended someone for Martial for literally years because they had "potential". Means £#%&! all if you don't show it on the pitch.

armchair

I think it'll be Potter in the summer.

The whole thing where ten requires his first 11 to always play or else we're shit added to the fact that we are mainly shit with his first choice eleven doesn't bode well.

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:20 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Are you saying there are no better coaches in world football than Erik?
There may well be, but my thoughts are that even Pep fails with this lot.

BJR being in means hopefully this won’t be the case over the next year or so

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:21 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
And less everything else.

People defended someone for Martial for literally years because they had "potential". Means £#%&! all if you don't show it on the pitch.
It's the managers job to get them playing. If they can't, he should replace them with people who can play. He's spent hundreds of millions. There's simply no excuse for that performance. If we accept that, there's no fixing the problem.

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:21 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

RIC’s voted out. Surely no way back for ETH from this

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:24 PM
jem

would happily get in anyone who would pick a midfield and understand that players with no speed or quickness cannot survive in the pl.

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

This is key and will keep him around for likely the rest of this season. Ratcliffe has hinted as this a couple of times: the environment needs to be right. They’ll focus on that first. They’ll want Ashworth. Wilcox and whoever else in before they start making decisions on the coach…. But once they’re in, if we miss out on CL and the performances are this bad, it’ll make it very simple for them

As for candidates, there are plenty:

Nagelsmann
Tuchel
De Zerbi
Potter

To name just a few . Whether you want them is another discussion, but they’re candidates

Quote:
It's the managers job to get them playing. If they can't, he should replace them with people who can play. He's spent hundreds of millions. There's simply no excuse for that performance. If we accept that, there's no fixing the problem.
And one of his signings is getting left out for a 19 year old kid who is nowhere near ready and another kid who was on loan at Sunderland last year