United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2022, 09:04 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The prospect of not getting one of Europe’s hottest properties because we think we know better than him is terrifying.
Not a chance they leak that he’s getting the gig and then embarrassingly have to go cap in hand to Poch after ETH rejects us because he can’t have his say on the ins and outs of the first team squad

It would be too embarrassing for the owners and club

I’m sure we’ll work it out
Good sign that he’s putting his foot down and being demanding

Unread 08-04-2022, 09:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The prospect of not getting one of Europe’s hottest properties because we think we know better than him is terrifying.
Sounds about right though.

Unread 08-04-2022, 09:11 PM
92ToBury

Poch at 8/1 suddenly looking excellent value.

Unread 08-04-2022, 09:18 PM
Sparky***

The idea that you would go through this exhaustive process to identify and acquire a top new coach and then not let them have the final say as to what players they want in their team is £#%&!ing mind blowing.

Unread 08-04-2022, 09:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The idea that you would go through this exhaustive process to identify and acquire a top new coach and then not let them have the final say as to what players they want in their team is £#%&!ing mind blowing.
They don’t want to be forced into the radical changes and expense required.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they abandoned the idea of Ten Hag to avoid it tbh.

Unread 08-04-2022, 09:32 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I agree - so much is my disillusionment with United

They’re riddled

Unread 08-04-2022, 09:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Well then what the £#%&! are we even doing? "yeah we want you to come in have a clear footballing vision about how you want your team to play - but we'll tell you what players you must have"

We may as well just make Darren Fletcher the £#%&!ing manager then.

It all appears to me that they just want to have the appearance of radical changes without actually changing much. Is it any wonder Ole was such a popular £#%&!ing choice for them. Coming in parroting £#%&!ing cliche's and banging on about yesteryear like it means anything now. DNA and £#%&!ing 'playing for this cloob is blah blah blah" cultural reset my £#%&!ing arse.

Unread 08-04-2022, 09:43 PM
dunk

That’s basically it. Smoke and mirrors, much like the transfer business since Fergie left. Looks like we’re spending shitloads and full of ambition, its %@#$&!s, bare minimum shite.

Unread 08-04-2022, 09:46 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well then what the f*** are we even doing?
Hopefully we're waiting for him to win the Eredivisie

Unread 08-04-2022, 10:10 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonlooca
Hopefully we're waiting for him to win the Eredivisie
Hope you’re right pal, because this lot are well capable of fulfilling our worst fears. My only hope is that we don’t have that podgy faced @#%&! running the show any more.,problem is, we still have the owners yes men in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not a chance they leak that he’s getting the gig and then embarrassingly have to go cap in hand to Poch after ETH rejects us because he can’t have his say on the ins and outs of the first team squad

Afraid there’s every chance with this shit show.

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:27 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

I agree, but …. You know…. United.

Quote:
That’s basically it. Smoke and mirrors, much like the transfer business since Fergie left. Looks like we’re spending shitloads and full of ambition, its %@#$&!s, bare minimum shite.
Bare minimum…..yet we’ll try and blow £60m on Kalvin £#%&!ing Phillips.

When all said and done, their way will more expensive than ETH’s.

Unread 09-04-2022, 02:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Erik, go somewhere else. You can do better.

Unread 09-04-2022, 02:30 PM
Pop

Needs his big £#%&!ing bald head read.

Leaving Ajax for that?

Unread 09-04-2022, 02:32 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Needs his big £#%&!ing bald head read.

Leaving Ajax for that?
Was thinking this. He could do so much better. Why is is lowering himself to this shite. Either way he won’t change a £#%&!ign thing here next season . United are finished as a football club and have been for a very long time

Unread 09-04-2022, 02:33 PM
92ToBury

Unless he gets permissions to rid himself of half the squad he's crazy, even by Crazy Dutchie standards.

Unread 09-04-2022, 02:36 PM
NedKelly

What hurts is the apathy from the players. They look like they genuinely don’t give a £#%&!. They must feel secure to act like that imo, or some of them have been told they’re not good enough and they’re showing their lack of fight. Either way, hope we nuke the squad in the summer.

I still can’t quite believe what a disappointment this season has been. Also fondly remembering Barry putting forward the idea that this is the strongest ever Utd squad.

Unread 09-04-2022, 02:46 PM
Pop

What I don't get is why they don't care???

Unread 09-04-2022, 02:53 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
The owners and board have created an environment and atmosphere where they don’t need to care. They will get new deals, more than likely with salary increases for not caring.

Even with the players leaving more will sign new deals. The best one is Jones singing a 5 year deal in 2018 many more examples but I cba to get into details, the club has taken it out of me . All I’m offering now is insults towards the #@&%!s

Unread 09-04-2022, 03:00 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Rashford will be offered a new deal despite possible the worst season I've seen from a united player ever.

Why should he care. Failure is rewarded.

Unread 09-04-2022, 03:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Rashford will be offered a new deal despite possible the worst season I've seen from a united player ever.

Why should he care. Failure is rewarded.
This.

It’s like giving children everything: they become spoiled. They have no concept of hard work or understand the value of it, because they don’t need to work hard to get anything.

This lot get new deals no matter what. As you say, Rashford is currently
In some of the worse form of any United player in recent years, he’s that bad. To the point where simple five yard passes are a struggle. And he isn’t working hard. He’s dropped and he can’t understand why - because you’ve been shit! It’s incredibly simple! Play shit, and you’re out.

Even when he went off today, you had Keown saying “it just hasn’t happened for him” suggestion that he unlucky or it was just one of those days. No. He’s been shit and he needs to do better.

And if we give new deals to players who play like this, then OF COURSE they’re going to make a fuss when they’re not picked or if they’re asked to do things outside their comfort zone.

They’re spoiled children.
Closed Thread