United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Hopskipjump

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
gallas is very outspoken just like roy keane imo.
too many arrogant young players at the cub so gallas after being insulted by them airs out the problems abit like keane did on mutv.

regarding captains. id say toure would be a good choice.
are you 'arse' by chance?

Unread 22-11-2008, 02:09 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
'spectacular'
a spectacular @#%&! it seems

Unread 22-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Van Persie.
what what what awhat, the dirty football cage mofo, the scourge of playgrounds in holland. probably the only player i'd take from their team apart from fabregas,

Unread 22-11-2008, 03:01 AM
Tronics

disapointed in gallas tbh.

i would have thought away from hype that he'd have a bit more steel to him.

yapping his mouth off at the first chance wasnt cool.

plus if he was so insulted why not settle it like men and make an example of them? they're kids after arent they?

Unread 22-11-2008, 03:19 AM
khmk

Quote:
gallas is very outspoken just like roy keane imo.
too many arrogant young players at the cub so gallas after being insulted by them airs out the problems abit like keane did on mutv.

regarding captains. id say toure would be a good choice.

Keane?

fabregas can't look him in the eye without cringing.

Unread 22-11-2008, 10:05 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
a spectacular @#%&! it seems
rvp is a brilliant player. Abit of an attitude but I guess you can say the same about our new no.9.
its part and and parcel of him being the good player that he is.

regarding gallas. not trying to be controversal but we shouldn't have short memories.
keane was doing things like gallas in his last year at the club.
-falling out with cq who we now see was a asset to the club
-his infamous mutv interview where he called young players like darren fletcher 'crap' by saying he can't see why players rate him and this was right in the middle of when we were going through a rough patch
and its no suprise what manager said in his press conference yesterday(keane) that he can understand why gallas did what he did.
sometimes with arrogant @#%&!s you have to embarass them to get through to them.

players like eboue, rvp, fabregas, walcott, adebayor how the £#%&! do you try and be get through to them when you are not exactly perfoming your best and they think they are the dogs %@#$&!s etc.
abit like keane he was past his best so wasn't leading by example so had so leg to stand on by saying 'pull your finger out' so he damaged the players ego's to get through to them.
just my opinion tbh.

Unread 22-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
rvp is a brilliant player. Abit of an attitude but I guess you can say the same about our new no.9.
its part and and parcel of him being the good player that he is.

regarding gallas. not trying to be controversal but we shouldn't have short memories.
keane was doing things like gallas in his last year at the club.
-falling out with cq who we now see was a asset to the club
-his infamous mutv interview where he called young players like darren fletcher 'crap' by saying he can't see why players rate him and this was right in the middle of when we were going through a rough patch
and its no suprise what manager said in his press conference yesterday(keane) that he can understand why gallas did what he did.
sometimes with arrogant @#%&!s you have to embarass them to get through to them.

players like eboue, rvp, fabregas, walcott, adebayor how the £#%&! do you try and be get through to them when you are not exactly perfoming your best and they think they are the dogs %@#$&!s etc.
abit like keane he was past his best so wasn't leading by example so had so leg to stand on by saying 'pull your finger out' so he damaged the players ego's to get through to them.
just my opinion tbh.
keane did have best part of 10 years as the most successful club captain we've had behind him when he said it and had been our best player over a prolonged period

gallas has had a year where he continually acted like a slapped arse

Unread 22-11-2008, 12:01 PM
marlo

Default my opinion is that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
keane did have best part of 10 years as the most successful club captain we've had behind him when he said it and had been our best player over a prolonged period

gallas has had a year where he continually acted like a slapped arse
what they have done in the past is irrelevant.
at the time keane had his rant he was not one of our better players and could no longer lead by example so he chose the way he thought was best to get his message across.

gallas may have acted like a slapped arse but looking at it from his perspective it must be a nightmare trying to captain a bunch of kids who think they are the dogs %@#$&!s and havent achieved £#%&! all. he tries to solve a problem and is insulted by the player and then when the going gets tough his captaincy comes into question. so now he airs it all out and damages the players egos in public which will hurt them more etc.

if keane was captain there, id expect him to possibly do worse and beat the £#%&! out of one of them and end up in prison.

wenger should be blamed for allowing this to go on while pretending and having a squad with near enough no mature or senior players.

Unread 22-11-2008, 12:03 PM
borsuk

keane earned the right to criticise, even though a lot of what he said wasn't helpful (though we'll never know how the players reacted to it). gallas has nothing of the authority of keane in the game or his club. bit like wenger and ferguson, really.

nice try, though. next up, why bender is better than rooney and clichy is better than evra :shakehead:

Unread 22-11-2008, 01:06 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
keane earned the right to criticise, even though a lot of what he said wasn't helpful (though we'll never know how the players reacted to it). gallas has nothing of the authority of keane in the game or his club. bit like wenger and ferguson, really.

nice try, though. next up, why bender is better than rooney and clichy is better than evra :shakehead:
thats fair enough but how much does respect earned count in todays game?
this is what gallas was trying to get at.
he even referred to it in his autobiography how nasri shows complete disrespect for senior players in the french squad like thierry henry and himself.
eg. at 20 nasri was talking back to senior players in training and sitting in henrys seat on the coach until being told to move etc.
a player like fabregas disrespected hughes a few seasons back so you can imagine what the rest of the squad is like.

gallas thought that airing out the problems will be the best way to get through to the players just like keane did with his famous mutv rant and keane has gone as far as saying he can understand why gallas did it.

p.s. bretdner is nowhere near rooney in terms of class and clicky is a poor mans evra

Unread 22-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:
what they have done in the past is irrelevant.
at the time keane had his rant he was not one of our better players and could no longer lead by example so he chose the way he thought was best to get his message across.

gallas may have acted like a slapped arse but looking at it from his perspective it must be a nightmare trying to captain a bunch of kids who think they are the dogs %@#$&!s and havent achieved £#%&! all. he tries to solve a problem and is insulted by the player and then when the going gets tough his captaincy comes into question. so now he airs it all out and damages the players egos in public which will hurt them more etc.

if keane was captain there, id expect him to possibly do worse and beat the £#%&! out of one of them and end up in prison.

wenger should be blamed for allowing this to go on while pretending and having a squad with near enough no mature or senior players.
When the going gets tough, Gallas goes sitting in the oppositions half when his team have conceded a penalty.

I still think that is a big issue here. He lost all credibility as a captain that day, and I think Wenger has regretted not taking it off him since.

He is a #@&%!.

And I can't £#%&!ing stand Van Persie either, he's in the mould of Bergkamp, good player but a right snidey £#%&!er.

Unread 22-11-2008, 01:15 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Gallas was always a shit captain, that said though, who is a better alternative in that team? Fabregas? Adebayor? They don't have any leaders whatsoever. I am also fuming that we lost to them

Unread 22-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Hopskipjump

nicholas just said the only one in their team that could be a captain is silvestre

Unread 22-11-2008, 01:19 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopskipjump
nicholas just said the only one in their team that could be a captain is silvestre
god help em, gormless @#%&!

Unread 22-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Sloppy

Almunia is captain for today.

Unread 24-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Baron

On the issue of the Arsenal captaincy, this from Wenger is brilliant...

Quote:
Wenger, in an apparent dig at the ‘heart-on-the sleeve’style of a captain like England and Chelsea’s John Terry, said: ‘I don’t believe too much in leadership.

'I believe more in good passing than a guy who jumps around with his hands in the air and plays the leader.’
Is that an honest quote, direct? Not translated & cropped to fit an agenda over this? Because if it is, you can tell exactly what is wrong with that Arsenal side, straight from the top he doesn't have the %@#$&!s for a fight.

Unread 24-11-2008, 12:53 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
On the issue of the Arsenal captaincy, this from Wenger is brilliant...

Is that an honest quote, direct? Not translated & cropped to fit an agenda over this? Because if it is, you can tell exactly what is wrong with that Arsenal side, straight from the top he doesn't have the %@#$&!s for a fight.
He can't believe that, surely? He's had Adams and Vieira as captains in the past - it can't be coincidence that Arsenals most successful period came while those to led the team? Whatever your views on those individuals, they were proper leaders.

Wenger is now becoming a characture of himself. All this "I believe in passing" shite is %@#$&!s. He didn't believe in passing when the @#%&!s played for penalties in the 2005 FA Cup final? He didn't believe in passing when they played an almost Italian style 4-5-1 to reach the European Cup final. Or when they won the Double in 1998 playing a very fast counter attacking game based on wingers and pace - not passing the opposition to death.

I can't believe we let the @#%&!s beat us

Unread 24-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Baron

Tallies up with Fabregas getting the captaincy now though I guess... pass, pass, pass.... act like a little @#%&!.... pass, pass, pass.... sign for Real Madrid....

Unread 24-11-2008, 04:10 PM
mr.sitter

Quote:
Gallas striped of Arsenal captaincy
why, is he a zebra ?

Unread 24-11-2008, 04:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

They actually missed his "leadership" against siddy. How that is possible I don't know.
Closed Thread