United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2020, 01:07 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The reason Pogba's realtionship with the club soured is because of how Mourinho treated him back end of his second season. Mourinho should've been sacked that summer (or never employed in the first place). Woodward shit out and allowed him to go into full implosion mode.

Shaw should've been playing the season before when Mourinho was being a @#%&! to him, he was POTS last year and has been decent when fit this.

I'm not being told anything, it's just abundantly clear they can't afford to buy the level of players required, which makes spending masses on players like Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Fred, Maguire etc. when they knew there were finite monies available or the more maddening. Woodward/the Glazers are ruining the club.

No, you should go support Spurs because you are pining after Mourinho for some absurd reason. Well, he's busily replicating the shit football and pissing off of all and sundry that he managed at United down their now, so you should go and enjoy..
So Mou is judged after only a few weeks in the job?

Interesting.

Unread 22-01-2020, 01:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
So Mou is judged after only a few weeks in the job?

Interesting.
No. He's judged on the repeating pattern that has been seen so many times before.

Unread 22-01-2020, 01:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
No. He's judged on the repeating pattern that has been seen so many times before.
So we should be judging Ole's managerial career on the repeating pattern of mediocrity?

Interesting. Very interesting.

Unread 22-01-2020, 01:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
So we should be judging Ole's managerial career on the repeating pattern of mediocrity?

Of which there isn't a pattern.

Unread 22-01-2020, 01:31 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Winning two league titles on the bounce and dragging a club out of the shadows? Interesting. Very interesting.

Unread 22-01-2020, 01:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Winning two league titles on the bounce and dragging a club out of the shadows? Interesting. Very interesting.

Unread 22-01-2020, 01:46 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Norway. Really? Care to name any managerial greats (or... alrights) who cut their teeth winning the league in Norway?

Unread 22-01-2020, 01:50 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Norway. Really? Care to name any managerial greats (or... alrights) who cut their teeth winning the league in Norway?
Clearly we should have gone danish. The guy who took Middelfart to midtable in the second division could deffo do a job with our current sharts.

Unread 22-01-2020, 01:54 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Ah, so we're going down that route are we? I can't quite keep up as the goalposts move so much. People are falling over themselves to get managers in who've worked with lower table teams in Spain and Mexico.

He's won the league, twice. Outside of a handful of leagues all titles are the same

Unread 22-01-2020, 01:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Clearly we should have gone danish. The guy who took Middelfart to midtable in the second division could deffo do a job with our current sharts.
Karen Ingebrigsen won the league 3 years in a row. Restored pride and hunger to a downtrodden and defeated Rosenberg, winning the most incredible treble of titles seen in the artic circle since the great Nils Arne Eggen and his legendary 'tretten'. Must be one hell of a talent.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:02 PM
Jethro

Therein lies the problem. We've had born winners, frauds and tactical geniuses and not a single one has worked out. Turning your nose up to a guy who has actually won leagues seems a bit odd.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:04 PM
dunk

Again, are you expecting him to come out after Liverpool and say, 'well, we're just a bit shit, it is what is'?

Woodward is a £#%&!ing moron.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:04 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Karen Ingebrigsen won the league 3 years in a row. Restored pride and hunger to a downtrodden and defeated Rosenberg, winning the most incredible treble of titles seen in the artic circle since the great Nils Arne Eggen and his legendary 'tretten'. Must be one hell of a talent.
I think it’s a bit early to be mentioning him in the same breath as big Karen and Nils Arne ‘Double Yolker’ Eggen, but Jan Vingaard is a name to look out for.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Again, are you expecting him to come out after Liverpool and say, 'well, we're just a bit shit, it is what is'?

Woodward is a £#%&!ing moron.
Apparently he should've said "what are you complaining about, you're used to losing to them"

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:06 PM
shenwen

Quote:
They aren't. Calvert-Lewin is their first choice striker. He started last night for about the 3rd time. They've just binned Tosun and still have Niasse in reserve.

Walcott can still run.

Villa needed a striker having lost Wesley for the season and have been and bought one. Watford have greater options in attack and midfield than we do. When both are fully fit we have better first choice players, but take 1or 2 of ours out and we're struggling big time.
Other teams have injuries as well.

Kean has played more than Greenwood, which was the example you used. This shows they also have limited options. And I'm sure Everton fans are right behind Walcott because he "can still run".

Sorry but its delusional to say we have a worst squad than teams sitting in the bottom six. Delusional. Ask supporters of these teams would they swap players and they'd bite your hand off.

Quote:

Norway. That's why I used the Ronny Deila example. Imagine we hired him? This place would have imploded.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:11 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Therein lies the problem. We've had born winners, frauds and tactical geniuses and not a single one has worked out. Turning your nose up to a guy who has actually won leagues seems a bit odd.
Won it then retained it with a team that had never won it before in their history.

Also didn't do too badly in Europe with them, topped a group of Ajax, Fenerbahce and Celtic, losing one game against Fenerbahce, drawing with Ajax home and away and beating Celtic home and away. Got knocked out by the eventual winners.

If only he was born in Italy

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Other teams have injuries as well.

Kean has played more than Greenwood, which was the example you used. This shows they also have limited options. And I'm sure Everton fans are right behind Walcott because he "can still run".

Sorry but its delusional to say we have a worst squad than teams sitting in the bottom six. Delusional. Ask supporters of these teams would they swap players and they'd bite your hand off.

Norway. That's why I used the Ronny Deila example. Imagine we hired him? This place would have imploded.
Kean was playing and scoring regularly second half of last season for Juve and cost £25m.

Walcott is 30.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:19 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Won it then retained it with a team that had never won it before in their history.

Also didn't do too badly in Europe with them, topped a group of Ajax, Fenerbahce and Celtic, losing one game against Fenerbahce, drawing with Ajax home and away and beating Celtic home and away. Got knocked out by the eventual winners.

Nothing tp do with nationality. You know only too well tjat had he not played for the club then winning two leagues in Norway and topping a Europa group would not have got him within a sniff of the job.

I'm all for people supporting Ole (I do myself in a roundabout way) but lets not start pretending he has a CV that holds him in good stead for one of the biggest jobs in football.

Quote:
Kean was playing and scoring regularly second half of last season for Juve and cost £25m.

Walcott is 30.
Mata is 31. I don't see your point.

I know your coming at this from an anti-Woodward angle, and I agree, but we still need to be realistic. This team, as bad as it is, should not be losing regularly to teams like Watford, Villa and Bournemouth.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Nothing tp do with nationality. You know only too well tjat had he not played for the club then winning two leagues in Norway and topping a Europa group would not have got him within a sniff of the job.

I'm all for people supporting Ole (I do myself in a roundabout way) but lets not start pretending he has a CV that holds him in good stead for one of the biggest jobs in football.
It doesn't. But he didn't come here as manager, he came as caretaker. Then the performances on the pitch added to whatever he was telling the suits was his plan to rejuvenate the club were sufficient to get him the job. His past CV points at being able to get a team doing the necessary to win the title. He now needs to be given the time to implement his changes, which undoubtedly includes a huge overhaul of playing staff without the budget to do so and a halfwit doing the negotiating.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:23 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

If he done so well why was he NEVER linked with a job over here or in Europe - he wasn't even linked with Championship clubs ffs.

I admire your stubbornness in supporting him, I really do, but this is £#%&!ing laughable.
Closed Thread