of course, yhpm.

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:13 PM
captain scarlet

Headline tomorrow-"Benzema implodes Fred."

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:14 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Magic, pull your pants back up, there's a good lad.

Do you honestly think a 6ft plus player plays in the same manner as a 5ft 7'' player? and I did say that was just for starters. I have watched Aguero a hell of a lot and I have yet to see defenders bouncing off him as he powered past them on his way down the wing, nor have I seen him tower above entire defences to thump headers into the net.

As for the Craig Bellamy comparison, he too is 2 footed, fast and has played wide left, wide right and upfront, so the question of whether or not he is a similar player to Ronaldo, in light of your 'revelations' about Aguero, is perfectly valid.
Quote:
Influence, yes, the way they exerted their influence, no.
omg god

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:15 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
:£#%&!er: You've covered yourself in glory here, big man.
come on bigger man you've seen your arse here majorly.

chillax.

Sparky***

Quote:
I'd agree with that, still not 'similar' to Ronaldo though.
I know.

Sparky***

Thanks magic. I was getting some proper grief on here today, but you've stepped in like a real soldier and taken the heat off me.

Cheers mate.

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:17 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
come on bigger man you've seen your arse here majorly.

chillax.
Oh right.

You've acted like a complete £#%&!ing snide and that's you're response.

Get £#%&!ed silv.

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:18 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Thanks magic. I was getting some proper grief on here today, but you've stepped in like a real soldier and taken the heat off me.

Cheers mate.
I've seen my arse big style here Sparkers.Big style.

Aguero and Ronaldo are exactly the same kind of player.

There, I said it.Again.

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
omg god
Have another

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
omg god
C'mon believe, that header from messi was towering over no-one, it was just dog shit defending, that is not te same as the types of headers Ronaldo weighs in with.

Would you say either Messi or Aguero are a threat with headers from corners in the same way Ronaldo is?

I am not writing Aguero off, I would love him at OT, I've bee hoping he would be Tevez replacement for the longest time, but he is not a similar player to Ronaldo.

And Messi's play with Barca bears little resemblance to the play of Ronaldo for United. They are pretty far apart in terms of style.

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Sloane

magic has had to see his arse as he cant see his #@&%!

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Ether

Quote:
C'mon believe, that header from messi was towering over no-one, it was just dog shit defending, that is not te same as the types of headers Ronaldo weighs in with.

Would you say either Messi or Aguero are a threat with headers from corners in the same way Ronaldo is?

I am not writing Aguero off, I would love him at OT, I've bee hoping he would be Tevez replacement for the longest time, but he is not a similar player to Ronaldo.

And Messi's play with Barca bears little resemblance to the play of Ronaldo for United. They are pretty far apart in terms of style.
Is that the point the jug eared simpleton was trying to make? That Messi's free header in the final was an example of him towering above a defence like Ronnie? £#%&!ing hell

believe

Quote:

glad you knew what i meant though. i agree with your points but tbh this thread has become utter %@#$&!s.

Sparky***

Quote:

I think the whole conundrum about replacing ronaldo is that there is literally no other player in the world who plays like him. Someone who combines the skill and pace of a 5ft 8 winger with the power and presence of a 6ft+ target man.

There is nobody out there at the moment to compare him to.

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
glad you knew what i meant though. i agree with your points but tbh this thread has become utter %@#$&!s.
It was going to become constructive until magic pulled his skirt up.

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Ether

Quote:
I think the whole conundrum about replacing ronaldo is that there is literally no other player in the world who plays like him. Someone who combines the skill and pace of a 5ft 8 winger with the power and presence of a 6ft+ target man.

Very true.

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:24 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Oh right.

You've acted like a complete £#%&!ing snide and that's you're response.

Get £#%&!ed silv.
Ill talk to you in response to your PM.

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:25 PM
dunk

Quote:

Fact. Hence we have purchased a strong and direct winger and will be purchasing some form of striker. Probably a CM capable of weighing in, in an attacking sense as well.

Keane couldn't be replaced like for like so we bought Carrick and Hargreaves. Ronaldo will need up to 3 to replace him as he was practically irreplaceable.

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:25 PM
silv

Quote:

Exactly what I was about to say. He was one of a kind, there is noone like him. Power, pace, skill, strength, heading skills.. Thats why you cant compare someone 5'7 or whatever it was

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:26 PM
believe

Quote:
It was going to become constructive until magic pulled his skirt up.
i think magic is illustrating that there are redeeming features from a player who it looks like is the last remaining glimmer of hope transfer wise. at least i hope thats what he's doing otherwise i look kinda stupid.

ether, not seen your picture yet.
Closed Thread