United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric Sneer
At least it's something to watch during the summer.
I usually completely OD in the early rounds , then loose interest by the quarters (like england) and revive just in time to watch watch is usually the wrong semifinal - the other one having been end to end high quality drama

Unread 04-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Chris Quayd

I'm going, first (and probably last) World Cup for me, hope Italy win and piss everyone off.

Unread 04-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
It's £#%&!ing ridiculous isn't it. It was when Ben Arfa had just gone to Newcastle and he said something like "Oh well nobody knows much about him"... despite him representing France at every level all the way down in the age groups, and playing for Lyon against United a couple of times, and then transferring to Marseille for something like 10m quid.

"they should have went on and won that game", "everyone done their job, and they done it very well", "they should have went two-nil up" are other Shearer classics.

Watching Sky last night and each Monday with their MNF coverage and Neville/Scouse @#%&! makes you realise how shit Match of the day and BBC's analysis is. I know they get more time on there as they don't have to show as much of the highlights but £#%&!inghell, it's worlds apart.
He did it loads of times during the South Africa World Cup.

The @#%&! got paid £#%&!ing tens of thousands and flown to a five star hotel for a month and all he could say when England weren't playing was " I don't know much about them to be honest, Gary", well do some £#%&!ing research then you lazy @#%&!!

Unread 04-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Cedric Sneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
I usually completely OD in the early rounds , then loose interest by the quarters (like england) and revive just in time to watch watch is usually the wrong semifinal - the other one having been end to end high quality drama
Yeah i'm also prone to watching excessive amounts of hideously dull group games and start to lack the muster for any guster towards the end, like i said though at least it's something worthwhile on the tv.

Unread 04-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
It's £#%&!ing ridiculous isn't it. It was when Ben Arfa had just gone to Newcastle and he said something like "Oh well nobody knows much about him"... despite him representing France at every level all the way down in the age groups, and playing for Lyon against United a couple of times, and then transferring to Marseille for something like 10m quid.

"they should have went on and won that game", "everyone done their job, and they done it very well", "they should have went two-nil up" are other Shearer classics.

Watching Sky last night and each Monday with their MNF coverage and Neville/Scouse @#%&! makes you realise how shit Match of the day and BBC's analysis is. I know they get more time on there as they don't have to show as much of the highlights but £#%&!inghell, it's worlds apart.
Apparently BBC are completely overhauling their line-up.

Expect to see some new scouse @#%&!s on MoTD next season.

Unread 04-02-2014, 06:32 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
He did it loads of times during the South Africa World Cup.

The @#%&! got paid £#%&!ing tens of thousands and flown to a five star hotel for a month and all he could say when England weren't playing was " I don't know much about them to be honest, Gary", well do some £#%&!ing research then you lazy @#%&!!
The thing that pissed me off the most during that tournament was Mick McCarthy's genuine shock in seeing Verón in the Argentine line-up. "Is that the same verón who played for United?" he yelped, as if Seba was some chancer who'd left England and sunk without trace, rather than the creative fulcrum of one of the best sides there....

Unread 04-02-2014, 07:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I am.

We've drawn the group from hell and our few decent players are dropping like flies. We're going to get so £#%&!ed up. But £#%&! it, it's the World Cup dammit.
Your lot should be hosting it in 2022, tbf.

Unread 04-02-2014, 07:57 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Your lot should be hosting it in 2022, tbf.
I dunno, we'd have to build square stadiums and all that shit. I'm not sure our bid was the best, I'd have given it to the septics. Qatar's a £#%&!ing joke though that's for sure.

Qatar FFS :shakehead:

Unread 04-02-2014, 08:12 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Looking forward to them sitting there chuckling in our very faces, bragging about how little research they've done.

Shearer: 'Well, no-one's ever heard of Paraguay, Gary'
Lineker: 'Actually I scored two against them, in 1986'
Lawrenson: 'That's more than I got in my entire career'
All: ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ha ha ha.
Closed Thread