United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-08-2023, 01:30 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Not sure what relevance the amount of goals we scored ten years ago has to our chances next season, but great stats as ever.
Pointing out that it's hardly a new thing for people to pick up on, you daft @#%&!.

Unread 02-08-2023, 01:37 PM
atticusgrinch

Get Amrabat and we've got a team and squad to challenge for all honours.

Onana

Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw

Mount Casemiro Bruno

Antony Hojlund Rashford

Whoevs

AWB Maguire Lindelof Malacia

Eriksen Amrabat Mainoo

Sancho Martial Garnacho

Esp. strong in midfield which has been our weak spot for a good 10-15 years.

Unread 02-08-2023, 01:38 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Get Amrabat and we've got a team and squad to challenge for all honours.

Onana

Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw

Mount Casemiro Bruno

Antony Hojlund Rashford

Whoevs

AWB Maguire Lindelof Malacia

Eriksen Amrabat Mainoo

Sancho Martial Garnacho

Esp. strong in midfield which has been our weak spot for a good 10-15 years.
Two teams there and no McFred in either?? Never thought I'd see the day....

Unread 02-08-2023, 02:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Over 400m spent in little over 1 year, 6 of the starting 11 are his own players (3 of which has managed at his former club) and its a humble “happy if we make progress” mantra.

The Erik Tan Hoes are cushioning the blow of failure nice and early

For 400m spent as a so called miracle worker manager we should be challenging for the league.
Simple as. Challenging means being in with a chance of winning in in feb/March.

My personal opinion we were lucky last season and other teams Have made tangible additions that will make them better and all push on.

We had a goal scoring problem and signed a young inexperienced striker.
We also failed to stand up away from home and take control of games and went to sign a midfielder that at his last club was too careless on the ball and greedy.

I think 5th/6th , sub 60 league goals scored and excuses galore.
It’s just like taking a dump in the sink, but then someone shits in your toilet. Or something.

Unread 02-08-2023, 03:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

I get a feeling that it will be like those ole and Jose seasons where we finished 2nd but never really challenged properly for the league.

Unread 02-08-2023, 03:54 PM
Mr_Ed

I’d rather we took a small step forward this season providing we stop our embarrassing collapses against teams who want it more than us.

Our 2-18 aggregate against the vermin in our last 4 league games is an embarrassment.

Unread 02-08-2023, 06:23 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I’d rather we took a small step forward this season providing we stop our embarrassing collapses against teams who want it more than us.

Our 2-18 aggregate against the vermin in our last 4 league games is an embarrassment.
Thanks for the reminder...optimism evaporated....

Unread 02-08-2023, 06:29 PM
Finport Red

I think the league will be our main focus this season, and I think we will win it. We weren’t so far off last year once we found a rhythm, and it was only tiredness of being in so many competitions at the same time towards the end of the season that did for us. And not having a striker.

Another couple of signings and we will be well covered in every department.
Closed Thread