United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-03-2014, 11:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
They'll accept anything. He responded to one humiliation from city by telling everyone to expect more of the same, and another by saying he aspires to be like city. He claimed the squad could win the title, then a few months and £70 million later claimed they were old and shit.

Yet all he gets is support. They're £#%&!ing idiots.
Its moral conceit - they genuinely think supporting this useless sack of shit uncritically makes them superior people

Unread 29-03-2014, 11:52 PM
Der Kaiser

Moyes is like that creepy cult leader in Poltergeist 2, 'God is in, his holy temple'

Unread 29-03-2014, 11:53 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

You do not keep a club successful by maintaining managers, you do it by maintaining standards. Ruthlessly.

Chelsea have set their standards high and aim to maintain them with no sentiment what-so-ever. Fail to maintain the required standard and you're out on your ear. Result? 11 trophies in 10 years.

Arsenal stick with Wenger year after year after year, result? Not a £#%&!ing single pot in nearly 10 years.

The Alex Ferguson situation was a one-off. It will never be repeated no matter how many "hard working, hard nosed, scots" you stick in the job and hand £100m to.
Very true that Sparkles, very true

We seem to have this odd obsession with the need to having a manager that will last decades, purely based on what Busby and SAF did - but we're conveniently forgetting that we have had other managers all of whom were sacked when it was clear they didn't reach the standards required.

By all means if you stumble on another Busby or Fergus then keep hold of them, but we have to keep in mind they are one-offs, you get thousands of managers for every one of a Busby or SAF.

Another thing the Club should keep in mind, as has now been proven twice - replacing someone who has had such a grip on the Club for so long leads to all kinds of problems, it might be fine while he's in charge but it's chaos once he goes.

Maybe the Chelsea way - and that of virtually every single other Club as well - isn't necessarily a bad way to go. If the Club gets used to regular change it handles that change an awful lot better...

Unread 30-03-2014, 12:48 AM
boreez

This place is like a bubble of logic and reason for the most part, and I can't believe I just typed that either.

Judging by the actions of the crowd at OT and what I see plastered all over the internet but here, Moyes is doing fine.

After all he needs more time and if you don't support the manager you are a plastic fan who should just £#%&! off.

Unread 30-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Manutd1999

Even the manutd.com forum seems to think he should go. Although just looked on there and it seems posts backing him are quite high...

Was on red cafe briefly... would say that was more pro than anti

Unread 30-03-2014, 01:02 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
European cup semi finalists ?
I have no idea where I got that from. I'm losing my mind. £#%&!ing Moyes.

Unread 30-03-2014, 01:10 AM
ScarFace

Thumbs down

name a single positive thing he has done? be it players bought, tactics, future vision etc

Nothing. zero.

At best, maybe janners contract

the only reason the moyes inners have for him being manager....is that he is currently manager.

Unread 30-03-2014, 01:18 AM
jaybrightonboy

We need to sack him now, I would honestly back him if he was changin our style of play or something that takes time. But he isn't.
I just cant get my head around it, he isn't qualified to manage man united.
he's never one anything , nothing, some one who has never one anything , got any champions lge experience or even managed a top team has got this job.
I mean how depressing is that. Then it gets worse, he just wants his team to cross and hope.

I dunno what to do anymore , its all I seem to think about ..
think il go to the doctors tomorrow and get some antidepressants

Unread 30-03-2014, 01:24 AM
jaybrightonboy

Quote:

You do not keep a club successful by maintaining managers, you do it by maintaining standards. Ruthlessly.

Chelsea have set their standards high and aim to maintain them with no sentiment what-so-ever. Fail to maintain the required standard and you're out on your ear. Result? 11 trophies in 10 years.

Arsenal stick with Wenger year after year after year, result? Not a £#%&!ing single pot in nearly 10 years.

The Alex Ferguson situation was a one-off. It will never be repeated no matter how many "hard working, hard nosed, scots" you stick in the job and hand £100m to.

People will pat you on the head and commend you for your loyalty to the manager when you are no longer a threat to them. When you're not winning anything and everyone is absolutely delighted at seeing the manager keeping your club down in the doldrums.

The Manchester United's manager's job should not be an open-ended deal where whoever it is gets an eternity to decipher if they're the next "20 year manager". What are we trying to prove? Manchester United should not have to change their expectations and standards to suit the manager - it should be the other way around. Why the £#%&! are we allowing a man who hasn't even won a game away at a top 5 club's ground in a decade of trying to come in and dictate to us what the standards of our club should be?
Exactly.... I said it before and il say it again

times have changed and we must change with it.

Unread 30-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Fountz

What is the man's vision, and why on earth should we stand back and bite our tongues whilst our team the current champions are broken down into their component parts to be presumably reassembled into some super team?!! ..or, like a kid with a screwdriver let loose on a computer, he simply hasn't a clue how to put it all together again!

Yet, the manager who's teams have arguably aspired to (and reached) one of the highest levels ever seen in club football, rolls into Munich, and with minimal fuss and fanfare, makes a few tweaks and has ostensibly the same team reaching even higher.. as evidenced by them being crowned champions with over two months to go.

So, the only alternative to acknowledging that this has been a total £#%&!-up, is to admit that the reason the job is so big is because this is no fine-tuning exercise, this is a major rebuild!!

We are being asked to sit quietly whilst the Champions are smashed to pieces and rebuilt to Moyes's blueprint.

Surely an unforgivable act of supreme vanity?!

Unread 30-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:

People will pat you on the head and commend you for your loyalty to the manager when you are no longer a threat to them. When you're not winning anything and everyone is absolutely delighted at seeing the manager keeping your club down in the doldrums.

The Manchester United's manager's job should not be an open-ended deal where whoever it is gets an eternity to decipher if they're the next "20 year manager". What are we trying to prove? Manchester United should not have to change their expectations and standards to suit the manager - it should be the other way around. Why the £#%&! are we allowing a man who hasn't even won a game away at a top 5 club's ground in a decade of trying to come in and dictate to us what the standards of our club should be?
stolen

Unread 30-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez
This place is like a bubble of logic and reason for the most part, and I can't believe I just typed that either.
...and then you attempt to decipher the latest pure thread and get a reality check!! :shakehead:

Unread 30-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Chicarito

Quote:

Unread 30-03-2014, 09:48 PM
red in cumbria

It is pointless - the UBER-REDS have won. A decade in the wilderness (if we're lucky) awaits, whilst Liverpool rule the roost again.

And all, ultimately, down to one man's misplaced sentimentality and vanity :shakehead:

Unread 31-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It is pointless - the UBER-REDS have won. A decade in the wilderness (if we're lucky) awaits, whilst Liverpool rule the roost again.

And all, ultimately, down to one man's misplaced sentimentality and vanity :shakehead:

The UBER-REDS are just sheep. At some point the spell will be broken and the penny will drop.

Unread 31-03-2014, 10:07 AM
dunk

We are 2 points behind Spurs ffs. Spurs. They are a truly awful, unorganised, rudderless mess, and we're 2 points behind them :shakehead:

How can anybody connected with United in any way believe that the imbecile in charge should be allowed to carry on any longer?

If we sack him now, we might be able to stick a * by this season in the record books and have all the records he's broken this year ignored

Unread 31-03-2014, 10:12 AM
rebelcountyred

So we should be patient. Oh and give him time, patience and time, and money, lots if money,
patience and tiiime, aNd a whole lot of moneyyyy, and do it and do it riiight

£#%&! off moyes

Unread 31-03-2014, 10:21 AM
redhegemony

I remember reading once the measures Fergie had gone to in order to check up on a player (Chris Sutton?) having him followed?

Moyes can't have been given this job on the basis of a couple of glasses of red wine in the Boardroom. You would assume he would have had to set out a vision for the club, his coaching philosophy and tactics, many people he has worked with will have been talked to, a proper 360 degree analysis. Those making the appointment will have to have been convinced given his limited CV.

If this happened as it should have done then it's a gap of putting this into practice. So its now whether he has the ability to deliver what he set out.

If the club didn't go through this type of process then we deserve everything we get.

Maybe SSG had the recruitment gig?

Unread 31-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony

Moyes can't have been given this job on the basis of a couple of glasses of red wine in the Boardroom. You would assume he would have had to set out a vision for the club, his coaching philosophy and tactics, many people he has worked with will have been talked to, a proper 360 degree analysis. Those making the appointment will have to have been convinced given his limited CV.

If this happened as it should have done then it's a gap of putting this into practice. So its now whether he has the ability to deliver what he set out.
ferguson turned up to moyes home, and unexpectedly to moyes, told him he would be the next manchester united manager.

''the blood drained from my face''
- Moyes upon getting the job

This is not bullshit I am making up. this is both ferguson's and moyes's account.

you are away with the fairies if you think united went through the process you describe.

Unread 31-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
I remember reading once the measures Fergie had gone to in order to check up on a player (Chris Sutton?) having him followed?

If the club didn't go through this type of process then we deserve everything we get.

Maybe SSG had the recruitment gig?
“I was actually out with my wife [Pam], I was 50 the week before and she’d bought me a watch and I needed to get a link taken out of the watch,” Moyes said.

“So we were in Altrincham and the phone rang and it was Sir Alex. He says: ‘Where are you?’ I says: ‘I’m out with my wife,’ and he says: ‘Can you drop over to the house?’ I was having some lunch and said: ‘Oh definitely, sure.’

“So I says to the wife: ‘Oh no, what is it he wants? It’s either he wants me to take somebody on loan, or he’s come to buy one of my players.’

"And I had my jeans on and my T‑shirt. I said: ‘I’ll have to drive over and get changed.’ But I’m thinking there wouldn’t be time.

"So I had to drop my wife at the shopping centre in Cheadle and I’m saying to myself: ‘I’d never ever go to a meeting with Sir Alex with a pair of jeans on.’ I’m saying: ‘I can’t do this!’ So that shows how little I knew about it.

“He took me in, took me up the stairs, made me a cup of tea and came out with it. It’s a moment I’ll never forget.

"I picked up my wife and she must have thought: ‘There’s something up with him.’ I just says to her: ‘I’m the Manchester United manager.’ And I can’t repeat the words she said after that!”
Closed Thread