United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Didn't Duckworth meet him recently too - Keano loved him apparently
yep, found him to be very amiable, tbh. think there's a difference between him turning up to watch a football match and being with his kids somewhere though, tbf.

Unread 16-06-2013, 02:45 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
hmmm interesting, and of course you'd be just as willing to put these points across to Mr and Mrs Keane ?!

Speaking as soft, cuddly, approachable Fountz who takes these things on the chin Trippers,

...what can I say, my Son enjoys my company and values my opinion.. ok, the sheer logistics of him getting to St Andrews for Saturday morning meant that if I'd left it to him he'd have arrived there at 4pm as they were pulling down the shutters, but I'm sure that was only a small consideration.

He's got another one at Manchester on Friday. He's going to that with his mates.

Ok ?? ...is that ok Trippers ?? ...does my explanation and justification pass muster with you ?? ...do hope so !!
consider yourself reprieved hate it when my generalised prejudices appear personal. big decision for them and very difficult for the daddy to let them make it, was for me, can remember having to pull back.

My lad is off to Seville for a 'sandwich year' which sounds like the dogs and I'm sure I need to get out there for 10 days to help him settle in, being the clingy needy @#%&! that I am

Unread 16-06-2013, 03:23 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
consider yourself reprieved hate it when my generalised prejudices appear personal. big decision for them and very difficult for the daddy to let them make it, was for me, can remember having to pull back.

My lad is off to Seville for a 'sandwich year' which sounds like the dogs and I'm sure I need to get out there for 10 days to help him settle in, being the clingy needy @#%&! that I am
I thought that said "my lad is off for a saville sandwich", and was about to say that you're taking this laisez faire parenting much too far.

Unread 16-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
I hope founts doesn't have th cheek to post in th father's day thread. Frankly, He doesn't deserve a card.
All three lads went to some effort for me. Nice homemade cards that they put thought and effort into.. a book, a "No 1 Dad" medal that #2 made and I've had to wear all day.

You're right irkers.. I feel ashamed.

And I don't deserve the medal. (takes it off now they're in bed) :shakehead:

Unread 17-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
yep, found him to be very amiable, tbh. think there's a difference between him turning up to watch a football match and being with his kids somewhere though, tbf.
I just think there is a difference between talking to Keane and the random opinion on things that crop up from Mao's tiny little mind

Unread 17-06-2013, 09:36 PM
elephantstone

I have always had a good banter with him. I once went to town with him and McGrath and we were walking up Portland street and folk were looking thinking there's stoney with Keano and McGrath but Royston had that glare on his face that said don't approach me.

Unread 17-06-2013, 09:41 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I have always had a good banter with him. I once went to town with him and McGrath and we were walking up Portland street and folk were looking thinking there's stoney with Keano and McGrath but Royston had that glare on his face that said don't approach me.

Unread 17-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Argentina

Quote:

Lies. Almost definitely would have given you the Mick McCarthy treatment....'You think you're Irish. £#%&! off you English #@&%!'

Unread 17-06-2013, 11:00 PM
elephantstone

It's not lies. I knocked around with McGrath for years, GED will vouch for that or Why Don? Royston was always trying to be in our gang.

Unread 17-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
It's not lies. I knocked around with McGrath for years, GED will vouch for that or Why Don? Royston was always trying to be in our gang.
Not sure why he called you out as a lying plastic paddy mate ?

Bit harsh..

Unread 17-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Argentina

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not sure why he called you out as a lying plastic paddy mate ?

Bit harsh..

Unread 18-06-2013, 08:51 AM
elephantstone

Argers met him once and thinks he will be the final surprise guest on Keane's "This is your life"

Unread 18-06-2013, 08:55 AM
believe

Talking

Quote:
Argers met him once and thinks he will be the final surprise guest on Keane's "This is your life"

Unread 18-06-2013, 09:16 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 18-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

Unread 18-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Chorlton74

met Keane at Carrington ten years ago.

easily the most intimidating man i've ever met. signed my shirt though.

Unread 18-06-2013, 02:08 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina

Lies. Almost definitely would have given you the Mick McCarthy treatment....'You think you're Irish. £#%&! off you English #@&%!'
Argers calling out Stoney.

£#%&!. Ing. Hell.

Unread 18-06-2013, 06:53 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Argers calling out Stoney.

£#%&!. Ing. Hell.
stoney will be furious

I bet he has stormed out of his caravan, stripped down to his trackie bottoms, and is looking which pub car park he and argers will have their bare knuckle fight in

Unread 18-06-2013, 07:03 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
stoney will be furious

I bet he has stormed out of his caravan, stripped down to his trackie bottoms, and is looking which pub car park he and argers will have their bare knuckle fight in
That's disgusting. You stereotypers are all the £#%&!ing same. :shakehead:

Unread 18-06-2013, 07:11 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
That's disgusting. You stereotypers are all the £#%&!ing same. :shakehead:

I was only joking

he'll actually strip down to the trousers of his blue suit
Closed Thread