United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i dont see why anyone would give a shit how much we spend tbh
Indeed. £#%&!ing off Bale because we don't want the owners to overpay They've spent £#%&! all since they arrived ffs

The more he costs the better, as it'll show the club might be ready to stop £#%&!ing around and spend the kind of money they should.

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
A mix of youth and experience, pace to burn and goals goal goals galore.

Just need to find £180m assuming Bale and Ronaldo both cost £80m each

Not gonna happen is it :shakehead:

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:31 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Baron

Quote:
+Thiago. #@&%!.

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Bral

Don't care, it's not my money.

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Anything over £40m for him will be ridiculous.
Football is ridiculous. He'd improve our team, so not really arsed how much imaginary money is spent on him.

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:42 PM
jem

Quote:
fergie hasn't completely stepped away from the action, then?

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Harri Jaffa

Depends if we have signed a quality central midfielder or not

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
+Thiago. #@&%!.

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:47 PM
barca99

Quote:

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:50 PM
BarryX

If a compromise can't be made with Rooney (which TBH I think might be the case) I'd swap him for Bale + Cash (say 15 - 20 million thrown in).

Rooney playing for Spurs would do us less long term damage than if he joined Chelsea (or Arsenal), or even one of the major European teams (as and when Moysie leads us all the way in the Champions League). Spurs would benefit from that signing, as realistically he is a 20+ a year goals machine for them, with experience so they won't miss Bale's goals too much and they'd be able to buy another CL standard player for 15 - 20 million. Rooney's goals against some of our Premiership competitors might actually help Utd out, as well, so it would be a win-win situation.

This could still leave us some funds for further purchases (but we'd need to sell a few others to get Ronaldo in, as well). It could happen. Why not? We need to have some glamour to keep our market share high and fans interested in us, so it's about time the board dipped their fingers in the vast banking facilities at their disposal and make the squad one of the very strongest in world football.

I think our Chief Operating Office, Michael Bolingbroke, knows a thing or two about show business (having been one of the bosses at Henson and Cirque De Soleil prior to working for Utd). With Ed Woodward taking over from Gill, as CEO, it will be interesting to watch the change over in the board room - maybe just as much as what happens on the pitch.

About time we started to spend some money.

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:51 PM
dragflick

Not a £#%&!ing chance Rooney will go to Spurs. Or could they afford his wages.

Never happen in a million years.

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indeed. £#%&!ing off Bale because we don't want the owners to overpay They've spent £#%&! all since they arrived ffs

The more he costs the better, as it'll show the club might be ready to stop £#%&!ing around and spend the kind of money they should.
and in the next breath you'll be slagging off PSG, Malaga, Chelsea and City

Unread 14-06-2013, 01:55 PM
MUFC One Love

I'd rather us sign Ronaldo, I'd honestly get wood for the full summer. Not a chance we will sign either of them. United spending £60m+ on one player?

The same United that sold Ronaldo for £80m and bought Valencia and got Owen, on a free was it?

Unless we saved the money to buy him back?

Unread 14-06-2013, 02:01 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Unread 14-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Fountz

OK opened a can of worms here I hadn't anticipated.

Yes, I agree, we shouldn't have to worry about protecting the Glazer's bottom line.. just, the reality is.. if all our eggs go in the Bale basket, I can't see other quality players being brought in..

Another scenario is, they bring him in for £50m and then the following week flog a bit of our history down the river by announcing that from next September the ground will be called The Chevrolet Stadium at Old Trafford.

Let's not delude ourselves that any expenditure will come out of their pockets or that there won't be a knock-on negative further down the line.

Unread 14-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Zorg

Ten bob and a pickled egg

Unread 14-06-2013, 02:34 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Think he is enjoying his weekend mate so won't be giving his opinion on Ronaldo today.

Unread 14-06-2013, 02:36 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Think he is enjoying his weekend mate so won't be giving his opinion on Ronaldo today.
I'm sure he will, he can't stay away
Closed Thread