Confusing juxtaposition of Big Sam and Lohan, strangely arousing

Unread 09-05-2013, 10:57 PM
RuffyPup

I hope the old bugger is in good health

Unread 09-05-2013, 11:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Er, he obviously wanted to knock it on the head. Don't get why that's so hard for some people to grasp. He's 71 years old ffs. My old man's 72 and struggles to remember a £#%&!ing shopping list some days let alone run the biggest football club in Britain.

The reaction from him after we got knocked out of Europe made it clear to me he was going to retire. When has Fergie ever been "too distraught" to talk to anyone after a game ffs. He knew that was his last shot at the big one and he was gutted.

There is no hidden agenda, he wasn't 'forced out'. He's an old man who's probably just had enough of the most stressful job in English football. He was never going to make the mistake of announcing it before a season started or halfway through. As it is he didn't want to announce it yet but his hand was forced because of some trappy @#%&! at a club golfing day. Like Cantona before him he has done it unexpectedly and suddenly as we all knew he would.

It's just all happened so swiftly it's left everybody's head spinning a bit, that's all.
Wasn't that because the players had been told to expect some news imminently? Can't have been far off, tbf.

It does feel like nobody was expecting it. Sounds like literally nobody else knew. Not the coaching staff, not his brother (who said he hadn't discussed it with family or friends) not Gill (based on his un-Moyes like chat about the next manager recently) and Fergie himself has been indicating he'll be staying for a while. Strange that he would want to take not just the media but everyone at the club by surprise.

Perhaps something has happened that wasn't expected. Doesn't mean it's anything dodgy, mind.

Unread 09-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Wasn't that because the players had been told to expect some news imminently? Can't have been far off, tbf.

It does feel like nobody was expecting it. Sounds like literally nobody else knew. Not the coaching staff, not his brother (who said he hadn't discussed it with family or friends) not Gill (based on his un-Moyes like chat about the next manager recently) and Fergie himself has been indicating he'll be staying for a while. Strange that he would want to take not just the media but everyone at the club by surprise.

Perhaps something has happened that wasn't expected. Doesn't mean it's anything dodgy, mind.
ooh, how intriguing

Unread 09-05-2013, 11:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
ooh, how intriguing
Indeed.

(huh?)

Unread 09-05-2013, 11:12 PM
TravellingRed

Or maybe, just maybe....after his last U turn he didn't want it getting out so he played his cards close to his chest as it's obvious if he told anyone it would get out. Crazy I know, but it's an idea.

Unread 09-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indeed.

(huh?)
at what point would it be logical to speculate that Ferguson retiring at aged 71 having just won the league back from City is potentially down to "something dodgy"?

how is that a natural extension of what's actually happened?

Unread 09-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Sparky***

i don't understand how people thought it would happen?

Did you think he'd walk into the middle of the pitch after a game, sing a song and then ascend out of the stadium on a wire?

Unread 09-05-2013, 11:21 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Did you think he'd walk into the middle of the pitch after a game, sing a song and then ascend out of the stadium on a wire?
It's the least we deserved tbf

Unread 09-05-2013, 11:25 PM
CPL Mussolini

This plan has clearly been in place for at least 2 years now, don't get the surprise really.

Ferguson has obviously spoken to Moyes in the past regarding it, hence why he's let his contract rundown.

Not rocket science is it.

Unread 09-05-2013, 11:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
at what point would it be logical to speculate that Ferguson retiring at aged 71 having just won the league back from City is potentially down to "something dodgy"?

how is that a natural extension of what's actually happened?
It isn't. Unless I've miss-typed on the phone that's what I said

Unread 09-05-2013, 11:46 PM
MJ Ramone

Hasn't the 'conspiracy' stuff started off the back of David Meek suggesting something on 5Live today??
Didn't hear it myself.

Unread 10-05-2013, 12:04 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
i don't understand how people thought it would happen?

I guess I thought he'd talk to a few people around him first. Dunno, just seems weird to me that the press get hold of the possible story before his colleagues and close family members. His brother said he called him on Tuesday night and it was a shock. That's when the press were running with it. Given that nothing gets out of OT these days, I guess I expected people in those circles to know a little earlier.

I'm sure we'll get clarification on that, anyway. I suspect we'll be hearing a lot from Chip over the coming years

Unread 10-05-2013, 12:10 AM
5 Cantona's

Rooney leaked it imo.

Unread 10-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What a shit thread.

Quote:
Er, he obviously wanted to knock it on the head. Don't get why that's so hard for some people to grasp. He's 71 years old ffs. My old man's 72 and struggles to remember a £#%&!ing shopping list some days let alone run the biggest football club in Britain.

The reaction from him after we got knocked out of Europe made it clear to me he was going to retire. When has Fergie ever been "too distraught" to talk to anyone after a game ffs. He knew that was his last shot at the big one and he was gutted.

There is no hidden agenda, he wasn't 'forced out'. He's an old man who's probably just had enough of the most stressful job in English football. He was never going to make the mistake of announcing it before a season started or halfway through. As it is he didn't want to announce it yet but his hand was forced because of some trappy @#%&! at a club golfing day. Like Cantona before him he has done it unexpectedly and suddenly as we all knew he would.

It's just all happened so swiftly it's left everybody's head spinning a bit, that's all.
agreed mate. not really that hard to fathom is it.

Incidentally, what do you think of the Moyes appointment? Will he get your support as United fan?

Unread 10-05-2013, 12:18 AM
Barcabal

Gill " Im £#%&!ing off!"

Fergie " We are going to Strengthen and spend !"

Equalizer" We are not spending!"

Fergie "I wanna spend! and make sure we compete!"

Equalizer "Are we £#%&!!"

Fergie " Ill speak to Avi,Joel and the other Jews if they agree with me!"

Equalizer "So?"

Fergie "Im off!"

Cynical view

Unread 10-05-2013, 12:19 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cantona's
Rooney leaked it imo.
When & Why?
Bearing in mind the staff & players didn't know till Wednesday morning.
Fergie's own brother didn't know till late on Tuesday night.

Unread 10-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Big Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cantona's
Rooney leaked it imo.
Kick a fat man when he's down.

Typical.

Unread 10-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

agreed mate. not really that hard to fathom is it.

Incidentally, what do you think of the Moyes appointment? Will he get your support as United fan?
United always have my support regardless. I may dish out a few choice names here and there but ultimately all I want is for the team to win.
Closed Thread