United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
United are just another team full of foreign mercenaries now tbh. Does feel a bit weird, but I doubt I’ll care very much if they start playing some quality football.
When you let the best british (or also known as welsh) players slip to arsenal and tottenham/real madrid, this is what happens. I personally couldn't give a shit tbh, both my spanish and english is decent.

Unread 01-09-2014, 01:56 PM
saffers

Quote:
United are just another team full of foreign mercenaries now tbh. Does feel a bit weird, but I doubt I’ll care very much if they start playing some quality football.
We've always had a strong spine of foreigners through our team tbh

Unread 01-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Neo

Quote:
It's a little unsavoury, but we have to go through this transition whilst the mess of the youth and scouting systems get sorted IMO. Use these wonderful South American bastards to get us back to where we need to be, then long-term we can hopefully start going back to our roots and blood youth whilst buying the best British players.

This could be an important era in our history, with Van Gaal the vital bridge between Fergie United and post-Fergie United. Some of these foriegn lads will be motivated by the challenge to put England's biggest club back to where it belongs. They may be mercenaries, but the likes of Di Maria and Falcao could have easily picked oil clubs ahead of us.

I've criticised El Tigre in the past, and I thought his move to Monaco was disgusting. However, for him to pick United when we've got no European football and are in a sorry state, says a lot. He's redeeming himself very quickly. Pleased for the lad tbf, he's finally joining a proper club.

Unread 01-09-2014, 02:02 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

I've critised El Tigre in the past, and I thought his move to Monaco was disgusting. However, for him to pick United when we've got no European football and are in a sorry state, says a lot. He's redeeming himself very quickly. Pleased for the lad tbf, he's finally joining a proper club.
Or we've offered him more money than anyone else

Unread 01-09-2014, 02:06 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It's a little unsavoury, but we have to go through this transition whilst the mess of the youth and scouting systems get sorted IMO. Use these wonderful South American bastards to get us back to where we need to be, then long-term we can hopefully start going back to our roots and blood youth whilst buying the best British players.

This could be an important era in our history, with Van Gaal the vital bridge between Fergie United and post-Fergie United. Some of these foriegn lads will be motivated by the challenge to put England's biggest club back to where it belongs. They may be mercenaries, but the likes of Di Maria and Falcao could have easily picked oil clubs ahead of us.

I've criticised El Tigre in the past, and I thought his move to Monaco was disgusting. However, for him to pick United when we've got no European football and are in a sorry state, says a lot. He's redeeming himself very quickly. Pleased for the lad tbf, he's finally joining a proper club.
Sagey post.

Rank recruitment, shit scouting and an academy that’s lived off the same group of players for the last twenty years have put us in this position. Needs must etc.

The way things are going atm, City are more likely to bring through a group of quality youngsters than United in the coming years. The club’s a bit of a shambles.

Unread 01-09-2014, 02:12 PM
believe

enough of all that %@#$&!s, have we got to the bottom of Fountz's little problem yet?

Unread 01-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
enough of all that %@#$&!s, have we got to the bottom of Fountz's little problem yet?
No probs at my end bellers.

Other than the little observation about the swelling ranks of native spanish speakers, I'm devoid of caring.
Closed Thread