United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
“I was actually out with my wife [Pam], I was 50 the week before and she’d bought me a watch and I needed to get a link taken out of the watch,” Moyes said.

“So we were in Altrincham and the phone rang and it was Sir Alex. He says: ‘Where are you?’ I says: ‘I’m out with my wife,’ and he says: ‘Can you drop over to the house?’ I was having some lunch and said: ‘Oh definitely, sure.’

“So I says to the wife: ‘Oh no, what is it he wants? It’s either he wants me to take somebody on loan, or he’s come to buy one of my players.’

"And I had my jeans on and my T‑shirt. I said: ‘I’ll have to drive over and get changed.’ But I’m thinking there wouldn’t be time.

"So I had to drop my wife at the shopping centre in Cheadle and I’m saying to myself: ‘I’d never ever go to a meeting with Sir Alex with a pair of jeans on.’ I’m saying: ‘I can’t do this!’ So that shows how little I knew about it.

“He took me in, took me up the stairs, made me a cup of tea and came out with it. It’s a moment I’ll never forget.

"I picked up my wife and she must have thought: ‘There’s something up with him.’ I just says to her: ‘I’m the Manchester United manager.’ And I can’t repeat the words she said after that!”

Unfortunately the shops in Cheadle are shit ...another error of judgement!

£#%&!ing Moyes.. :shakehead:

Unread 31-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
“I was actually out with my wife [Pam], I was 50 the week before and she’d bought me a watch and I needed to get a link taken out of the watch,” Moyes said.

“So we were in Altrincham and the phone rang and it was Sir Alex. He says: ‘Where are you?’ I says: ‘I’m out with my wife,’ and he says: ‘Can you drop over to the house?’ I was having some lunch and said: ‘Oh definitely, sure.’

“So I says to the wife: ‘Oh no, what is it he wants? It’s either he wants me to take somebody on loan, or he’s come to buy one of my players.’

"And I had my jeans on and my T‑shirt. I said: ‘I’ll have to drive over and get changed.’ But I’m thinking there wouldn’t be time.

"So I had to drop my wife at the shopping centre in Cheadle and I’m saying to myself: ‘I’d never ever go to a meeting with Sir Alex with a pair of jeans on.’ I’m saying: ‘I can’t do this!’ So that shows how little I knew about it.

“He took me in, took me up the stairs, made me a cup of tea and came out with it. It’s a moment I’ll never forget.

"I picked up my wife and she must have thought: ‘There’s something up with him.’ I just says to her: ‘I’m the Manchester United manager.’ And I can’t repeat the words she said after that!”

Unread 31-03-2014, 10:39 AM
HotChip

Quote:

"I picked up my wife and she must have thought: ‘There’s something up with him.’ I just says to her: ‘I’m the Manchester United manager.’ And I can’t repeat the words she said after that!
Think it was ''You'll £#%&! that up, you fukin gormless £#%&!er, you cant even make a decent brew ffs''

Unread 31-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Wart Chest

Quote:

Lies!

Too much irrelevant info given.

Unread 31-03-2014, 10:49 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
ferguson turned up to moyes home, and unexpectedly to moyes, told him he would be the next manchester united manager.

''the blood drained from my face''
- Moyes upon getting the job

This is not bullshit I am making up. this is both ferguson's and moyes's account.

you are away with the fairies if you think united went through the process you describe.
well if the Glazers permitted that level of investigation into his credentials and ability they are utter £#%&!wits.

Unread 31-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Zorg

Quote:

So either Moyes made that up, for reasons unknown, or one of the biggest football clubs in the world, a multi billion dollar, NYSE-listed company, replaced the greatest manager ever by allowing him to simply ring a bloke wandering around Cheadle and shove the job into his face. Lovely.

Unread 31-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
So either Moyes made that up, for reasons unknown, or one of the biggest football clubs in the world, a multi billion dollar, NYSE-listed company, replaced the greatest manager ever by allowing him to simply ring a bloke wandering around Cheadle and shove the job into his face. Lovely.
ferguson alluded to the same in his book.

i reckoned at the time fergie rushed it and still do.

Unread 11-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Fountz

Quote:

Someone on another thread was searching for this account. Thought it was a Big Sers original thread.

Not quite on the scale of Hitler deciding to invade the USSR, but a £#%&!ing disastrous decision none the less.

If we could just go back in time and place a firm hand on Ferguson as he keyed in Moyes's number STOP...put the phone down, and just think about what you're doing!!

Unread 11-04-2014, 03:34 PM
moyescaust

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Unfortunately the shops in Cheadle are shit ...another error of judgement!

£#%&!ing Moyes.. :shakehead:
sums the **** up.

I wish he had gone to that shop in Cheadle Hulme that appears to sell guns and blown his own head off.

And his wife's head as well.

she needs to die for not advising him not to take the job.
Closed Thread