United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2013, 03:44 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Despite admitting to numerous meetings with Rooney, moyes couldn't say Rooney had told him he wanted to stay. That makes it most likely Rooney still wants out and moyes is trying to get him to request a transfer so united don't have to pay him any bonus. Looks like it's going to drag on for the rest of the transfer window. I just hope it isn't left so late that moyes misses out on a good replacement. .
we don't need a replacement for rooney

Unread 06-07-2013, 05:33 AM
believe

So Ferguson says £#%&! all to the press for 26 years and is a hero for keeping United business close to his chest. Moyes does the same thing for a day and everyone's calling him a @#%&!? Welcome to Manchester United, David.

Not seen it yet but from what I can gather from this thread is that Rooney should be staying. If that's not enough great news out of Motesers first presser then I don't know what is.

Unread 06-07-2013, 05:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

You've let yourself down on this thread tbh siders. And me for that matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Siders has been caught in the 'trying to prove an unimportant point I'm not even that bothered about on the Internet because I don't want to lose face' trap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Very un sage like from south siders. As if deconstructing every syllable from a predictable presser is like some window into the soul of our future.

£#%&!ing hell fire.

Decent core of steel surrounding big mousie though. Impressed.
Very respectful hammering, tbf Can't complain.

Was just expressing slight concern, tbh. As I said, others will take it differently so I wasn't really trying to prove anything. Probably harsh on Moyes, it's just that the football is my main area of worry about him. I wasn't arsed about what he had to say about transfers, Rooney etc so perhaps I put too much stock and read too much into his chat about the football. There were just a few buzz phrases that set the alarm bells off. We'll see.

That said, if he can address the issues of a more consistently aggressive form of pressing and more continuity in terms of selection, with the players we have - especially if we can get this Thiago deal done - then we should surely play better stuff than we've seen in recent years, even if he is a little more cautious than we'd like.

Unread 06-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

That said, if he can address the issues of a more consistently aggressive form of pressing and more continuity in terms of selection, with the players we have - especially if we can get this Thiago deal done - then we should surely play better stuff than we've seen in recent years, even if he is a little more cautious than we'd like.
what about if he's far too open because he's completely underestimated just how incredible ferguson's scrambling defence has been down the years?

what about if he doesn't begin to get how much focus is on every little United challenge, or how lenient the officials can be on opposition challenges when we go away?

first and foremost he needs to bed in a defensive unit that he can trust as his platform. I imagine that was what he was driving at.

Unread 06-07-2013, 05:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
what about if he's far too open because he's completely underestimated just how incredible ferguson's scrambling defence has been down the years?

what about if he doesn't begin to get how much focus is on every little United challenge, or how lenient the officials can be on opposition challenges when we go away?

first and foremost he needs to bed in a defensive unit that he can trust as his platform. I imagine that was what he was driving at.
Well I'm assessing him partly with his history in mind. I've always quite liked him, but from afar he always came across as 'one goal will do' type of guy in his approach. In terms of the football, I wouldn't judge him either way too quickly, partly due to some of the points you mention. Starting a little cautiously would be perfectly understandable for many reasons.

That actually goes for the whole thing, tbh. What happens early doors means little, good or bad. I remember Guardiola losing two of his first three games in charge of Barca and there was already a feeling among some that he was a mistake

Unread 06-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Well I'm assessing him partly with his history in mind. I've always quite liked him, but from afar he always came across as 'one goal will do' type of guy in his approach. In terms of the football, I wouldn't judge him either way too quickly, partly due to some of the points you mention. Starting a little cautiously would be perfectly understandable for many reasons.

That actually goes for the whole thing, tbh. What happens early doors means little, good or bad. I remember Guardiola losing two of his first three games in charge of Barca and there was already a feeling among some that he was a mistake
that goal everton scored near the end of last season against someone or other when they passed the ball around and finished with a cool sidefoot - that's Moyes, that's what he likes. that's what he'll want to see. i hope.

Unread 06-07-2013, 06:02 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Moyes wasn't anywhere near my first choice to replace Fergie but I hope he takes this once in a lifetime chance and is positive in his approach to matches with having much better players at his disposal

Unread 06-07-2013, 06:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
that goal everton scored near the end of last season against someone or other when they passed the ball around and finished with a cool sidefoot - that's Moyes, that's what he likes. that's what he'll want to see. i hope.
I remember a lot of people holding that goal up as an example, but I don't think that's the image he or Everton built over his tenure.

Like I say, I've always liked him, especially his dedication which has always appeared admirable. But the football has never been great.

Unread 06-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
we don't need a replacement for rooney
Rooney can play numerous positions.

Kagawa could replace rooney if playing behind van persie, but who would be kagawas competition and cover? If van Persie got injured for any length of time, we'd be very short of quality up front if Rooney wasn't here.

Unread 06-07-2013, 07:25 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Rooney can play numerous positions.

Kagawa could replace rooney if playing behind van persie, but who would be kagawas competition and cover? If van Persie got injured for any length of time, we'd be very short of quality up front if Rooney wasn't here.
Don't bother engaging him, the kid's a £#%&!ing moron.

Unread 07-07-2013, 01:39 AM
taff

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...chester-united

Quote:
I got to the house and Sir Alex took me up the stairs, made a cup of tea, then told me what was happening. I'll never forget it for the rest of my life. He said he was retiring, in a week's time, and I was the next United manager.
£#%&!gerson putting the shits up motes already. vg2c.

Unread 07-07-2013, 09:34 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Don't bother engaging him, the kid's a £#%&!ing moron.
Closed Thread