United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Fountz

Default Just got back from taking my lad to a Uni open day.

Shuffled in late at the back of the lecture theatre but turned around to make sure I wasn't blocking anyone's view and who should be stood directly behind me not three feet away staring through me ??

Possibly one of the most menacing people I've ever come across.

Unread 15-06-2013, 11:21 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Shuffled in late at the back of the lecture theatre but turned around to make sure I wasn't blocking anyone's view and who should be stood directly behind me not three feet away staring through me ??

Possibly one of the most menacing people I've ever come across.
which Uni?

Unread 15-06-2013, 11:21 PM
armchair

Was he by himself?

Unread 15-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
which Uni?
St. Andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Was he by himself?
With his wife. A general Faculty of Arts presentation in the main lecture theatre in the medical building. We were stood at the back, but I'm assuming his son/daughter had managed to grab a seat further down. He left before the end and then I could see him drifting around in the foyer for a while. Quite a few lads obviously recognised him. ZERO approached him.. :shakehead:

Unread 15-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Neo

My hero.

£#%&! having him as your dad though. Imagine what the childhood kickabouts in the park would be like.

Unread 15-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
My hero.

£#%&! having him as your dad though. Imagine what the childhood kickabouts in the park would be like.
My lad has 2 or 3 shirts with Keane 16 on the back.. loves him. Said to me afterwards, what do you reckon to me going up to talk to him?? ...errr no !

Bigger than I remember him as a player as well.

Unread 16-06-2013, 12:24 AM
General Woundwort

A mate of mine (also a Red) showed Keane and his wife round the private school he works at in the North East, just after Keane had gone to Sunderland. Keane said about 3 words the whole time (and he was there for over an hour) and then wrote a letter of complaint because 2 kids had approached him in the corridor and asked for his autograph

Unread 16-06-2013, 06:05 AM
believe

I went to meet a friend yesterday at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel where he is staying. Apparently ten minutes before we arrived at the bar, RvP and Schnido were there.

Unread 16-06-2013, 06:43 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

why do parents go to uni open days? are you thinking of going yourself, making sure you get your moneys worth, making a decision as to whether this is the right place (for you or your offspring?) hate needy, clingy parents who can't get on with their own lifes me.

if i'd have even suggested going to an open day with any of my two i'd have got the

Unread 16-06-2013, 06:46 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
why do parents go to uni open days? are you thinking of going yourself, making sure you get your moneys worth, making a decision as to whether this is the right place (for you or your offspring?) hate needy, clingy parents who can't get on with their own lifes me.

if i'd have even suggested going to an open day with any of my two i'd have got the
you can't stop parents supporting their kids, just because your kids hate you.

Unread 16-06-2013, 06:47 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
you can't stop parents supporting their kids, just because your kids hate you.
like you'd know anything about uni open days

Unread 16-06-2013, 06:51 AM
believe

Quote:
like you'd know anything about uni open days
I don't but I'll be there supporting my children should they wish to go.

Unread 16-06-2013, 06:55 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
I don't but I'll be there supporting my children should they wish to go.
can i make a suggestion? its that you have at least some idea of the point a person is making, before you jump in with the ill advised opinions and insults.....just a thought.

Unread 16-06-2013, 07:05 AM
believe

Quote:
can i make a suggestion? its that you have at least some idea of the point a person is making, before you jump in with the ill advised opinions and insults.....just a thought.
my insult was based on the little evidence you gave me. Yours was based on nothing. Just a thought.

Unread 16-06-2013, 07:07 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
my insult was based on the little evidence you gave me. Yours was based on nothing. Just a thought.
need i say more:shakehead:

Unread 16-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Snide free Sunday.

Unread 16-06-2013, 07:20 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Snide free Sunday.
what evidence is this based on?

Unread 16-06-2013, 07:21 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
what evidence is this based on?
a very small amount? next to nothing? but hey ho.....

Unread 16-06-2013, 07:22 AM
believe

Quote:
a very small amount? next to nothing? but hey ho.....
make a suggestion to him.

Unread 16-06-2013, 07:27 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
make a suggestion to him.
i would, but as in your case, i fear it would be pointless.
Closed Thread