United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Fountz

Angry It just doesn't stack up ...what's really gone on ?

This whole business stinks. Not even a clue to his absolute closest confidants, breaking the news to the likes of Phelan, him apparently being visibly shaken at delivering his news at Carrington.

Something must of happened over the last few days.. had his bluff called ?

He's certainly utilised the opportunity to hastily reinforce his own fiefdom.

Fergie Lite now at the helm

Taking a back seat, my arse !!

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:31 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
I'm sorry buddy, but I'm as sick as a £#%&!ing chip !

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:33 PM
wonky no

just hope he's not ill. proper ill.

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:35 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
This whole business stinks. Not even a clue to his absolute closest confidants, breaking the news to the likes of Phelan, him apparently being visibly shaken at delivering his news at Carrington.

Something must of happened over the last few days.. had his bluff called ?

He's certainly utilised the opportunity to hastily reinforce his own fiefdom.

Fergie Lite now at the helm

Taking a back seat, my arse !!

Dave Whelan on Radio 5 suggested he knew and suggested an illness..

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Dave Whelan on Radio 5 suggested he knew and suggested an illness..
Well that would explain it.

It's the rank nepotism that's £#%&!ing me off.

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Big Jon

I know, amazing isn't it. I mean what kind of 71 year old would want to rid himself of one of the most pressured jobs in world sport?

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jon
I know, amazing isn't it. I mean what kind of 71 year old would want to rid himself of one of the most pressured jobs in world sport?
a beautifully flippant riposte Jonners, except this Frogson we're talking about.

If there was a combined Manager/Coach/CEO/Chairman/Owner roll going.. Generalissimo Ferguson would want it.

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
It's the rank nepotism that's £#%&!ing me off.
sounds more like the probability that Ferguson might still be influential that's £#%&!ing you off to me ...

how would Moyes being employed by United be akin to nepotism exactly?

and you aren't seriously suggesting that Moyes would take the United job if he was told he couldn't choose his own staff are you?

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Ethers

What a shit thread.

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:54 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
sounds more like the probability that Ferguson might still be influential that's £#%&!ing you off to me ...

and you aren't seriously suggesting that Moyes would take the United job if he was told he couldn't choose his own staff are you?
I don't get all this either, I wouldn't imagine Moyes as a yes man at all, no idea where this is coming from. It's pretty much the exact opposite of how I would imagine him tbqh.

Hernadezred

We will have to wait for Fergies next book to hit the shelves before we find out what's really gone on.

Fountz

Quote:

Glad you raised that point Throbbers, as you know family doesn't just have to mean flesh and blood ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throb

Time will tell.

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Sparky***

Er, he obviously wanted to knock it on the head. Don't get why that's so hard for some people to grasp. He's 71 years old ffs. My old man's 72 and struggles to remember a £#%&!ing shopping list some days let alone run the biggest football club in Britain.

The reaction from him after we got knocked out of Europe made it clear to me he was going to retire. When has Fergie ever been "too distraught" to talk to anyone after a game ffs. He knew that was his last shot at the big one and he was gutted.

There is no hidden agenda, he wasn't 'forced out'. He's an old man who's probably just had enough of the most stressful job in English football. He was never going to make the mistake of announcing it before a season started or halfway through. As it is he didn't want to announce it yet but his hand was forced because of some trappy @#%&! at a club golfing day. Like Cantona before him he has done it unexpectedly and suddenly as we all knew he would.

It's just all happened so swiftly it's left everybody's head spinning a bit, that's all.

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:58 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Er, he obviously wanted to knock it on the head. Don't get why that's so hard for some people to grasp. He's 71 years old ffs. My old man's 72 and struggles to remember a £#%&!ing shopping list some days let alone run the biggest football club in Britain.

The reaction from him after we got knocked out of Europe made it clear to me he was going to retire. When has Fergie ever been "too distraught" to talk to anyone after a game ffs. He knew that was his last shot at the big one and he was gutted.

There is no hidden agenda, he wasn't 'forced out'. He's an old man who's probably just had enough of the most stressful job in English football. He was never going to make the mistake of announcing it before a season started or halfway through. As it is he didn't want to announce it yet but his hand was forced because of some trappy @#%&! at a club golfing day. Like Cantona before him he has done it unexpectedly and suddenly as we all knew he would.

It's just all happened so swiftly it's left everybody's head spinning a bit, that's all.
Good post, and spot on.

Unread 09-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I heard that theory being pedalled on the radio as well

However, you may be right.

It's Moyes though !! ...£#%&!ing Moyes !

Unread 09-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Glad you raised that point Throbbers, as you know family doesn't just have to mean flesh and blood ?
yes, but how would United employing Moyes be akin to nepotism exactly?

Quote:
Time will tell.
Surely you can say whether or not that's what you are seriously suggesting

Unread 09-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Good post sparkles.

He's still got the fight in him as he's shown plenty this season (Newcastle, Real, Rooney etc) but it's time to stop ...

He must be gutted, but it just is. It would have been ridiculous for him not to get at least 5 years off after everything he's done, and hopefully he'll last a bit longer and be able to enjoy reflecting on things a bit. It's the £#%&!ing least he deserves.

Unread 09-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Fountz

Quote:
yes, but how would United employing Moyes be akin to nepotism exactly

Surely you can say whether or not that's what you are seriously suggesting
I think I explained it with my expanded use of the term "family" !

..and yes, although details are yet to be revealed and Moyes is yet to exert his influence, I don't for one minute expect him to be making the same number of demands, or indeed wholesale changes that the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp or Heynckes would more than likely demand.

Unread 09-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I think I explained it with my expanded use of the term "family" !

..and yes, although details are yet to be revealed and Moyes is yet to exert his influence, I don't for one minute expect him to be making the same number of demands, or indeed wholesale changes that the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp or Heynckes would more than likely demand.
tbh you're pissing me off fountz - just say what you £#%&!ing mean man ffs

are you saying that United are employing Moyes or that Ferguson is?

And you appear to have just plucked 4 managers out of thin air and projected your own views onto them ...

If you want to go down that route though, come on, what demands do you feel confident enough to say Guardiola has made of the set up at Bayern Munich? Do you think he went in there with a list of which of the 100s of staff he wanted to keep or replace? Makes me £#%&!ing laugh some of the shite people talk ... Is he suddenly going to completely abandon the spirit and traditional strengths associated with Bayern Munich's 1st team?
Closed Thread