United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Alex Jones was Right

He’ll probably be shit at united. Late twenties. Never played in England. May not even speak English. Costs a fortune. Typical united signing really.

Need a player familiar with English football who can organise, lead and slot right in.

Unread 14-05-2019, 05:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
He’ll probably be shit at united. Late twenties. Never played in England. May not even speak English. Costs a fortune. Typical united signing really.

Need a player familiar with English football who can organise, lead and slot right in.
Yep.

Thought we’d changed our transfer strategy and stopped looking at players in their late 20’s?

Unread 14-05-2019, 05:51 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Or just Maguire like we should have done last summer.
I endorse this.

Unread 15-05-2019, 03:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Unread 15-05-2019, 03:59 PM
utd99

Got disaster written all over it.

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:10 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Got disaster written all over it.
Agreed.

Never played in the Prem before, and if he costs more than Van Dijk, then the expectation from everyone outside the club, and some inside, is that he better perform as well as Van Dijk, because that's where the comparisons are going to be be made. I personally don't see that happening in this team, I think it all ends in tears.

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Cream

Quote:
Get this lad on QVC.

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:15 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Agreed.

Never played in the Prem before, and if he costs more than Van Dijk, then the expectation from everyone outside the club, and some inside, is that he better perform as well as Van Dijk, because that's where the comparisons are going to be be made. I personally don't see that happening in this team, I think it all ends in tears.
I think he's got all the attributes, and has been the best defender in Italy for years.

If we can add a decent right back, and at least one or two proper midfielders to the mix, so he's not horribly exposed, he'll be excellent.

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:16 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

Laporte never played in England and cost a lot. Turned out around.

This guy looks perfect for English football. We've been linked with him for two years at least so the scouts at the club must be convinced. All that is the issue is the price but Van Dijk at £75M looks a steal now so maybe that will push the club into action.

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:17 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I think he's got all the attributes, and has been the best defender in Italy for years.

If we can add a decent right back, and at least one or two proper midfielders to the mix, so he's not horribly exposed, he'll be excellent.
All good and well but chances are Youngy will be holding down the right back position as our captain for the foreseeable and I'm not sure Matty, Scotty and Freddy will be the kind of midfield he's looking to play behind.

His name is perfect for Ole though, no 'Y' needed

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:19 PM
puressence

Amazing player

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:29 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

Yes, nothing against his ability, the lad looks shit hot. If he was coming into Spurs, Liverpool, City, maybe even Arsenal, then he'd look value for money. But this team? I'm not sure about anyone else, but I want half the squad to be £#%&!ed off.

I think we could probably sign 2 centre backwith Premier League experience already, one good, one as backs up for the same money, with less expectations on both of them.

Also, you're hoping that we not only make one successful signing in Koulibaly, but then another three on top of that. Lets not forget our signings in the past 6 years

If this signing works out, then it means we have at least a good start to the season next year. I'm all for it, but I don't see it happening.

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:31 PM
Jethro

Get Toby from spurs at a 1/4 the price

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:31 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Get Toby from spurs at a 1/4 the price
why not both

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:35 PM
The Stella Fella

Much prefer De Ligt as he is much better with the ball.

This guy plays a bit like Bailly and Jones and leads into tackles with the wrong leg watching that video this would make him injury prone in a faster tougher league

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Anyone but that blockheaded mess from Leicester......

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:52 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Anyone but that blockheaded mess from Leicester......
Don't think Rodgers would want to manage us mate, we're a bit below his level these days.

Unread 15-05-2019, 04:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Much prefer De Ligt as he is much better with the ball.

This guy plays a bit like Bailly and Jones and leads into tackles with the wrong leg watching that video this would make him injury prone in a faster tougher league
Does look like another Bailly/Jones doesn’t he...

28 yrs old by the time season starts too so i can’t see that going down well with much of this forum

Would much prefer we went for Alderweireld, Diop or Maguire tbh.

Quote:

Is Serie A really all that though?

Zapata and Quagliarella are leading the scoring charts aren’t they?

Quote:
Hot-o-meter

Unread 15-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Jethro

Flop written all over it if this happens
Closed Thread