United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-11-2019, 01:21 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I actually said after that first presser at United that he hadn’t changed. To me he stank of same old Mou. One of the first things he did was start digging out LvG, which was bizarre for many reasons. Then went on about how it was a sad club. Basically everything self-serving and framing himself as the hero.

At Spurs the first thing he did and continues to do is applaud Poch. Whether he’ll prove to be different is another matter, but his demeanour is certainly more placid and cautious.
The monster!

Unread 29-11-2019, 01:22 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
If Mourinho does end up being a success at Tottenham, would people finally give Ole a bit of breathing room? It would essentially confirm that Mourinho, despite what you think of his style of football, had never “lost it” and that the issues really do lie with the the people at the top. It would also cast doubt on anyone being able to do much better with the squad we have.

Just curious to know, as some people seem to almost want him to succeed there, whilst writing off OGS.
Good point Ned.

Hose A won us the EL with the biggest load of spanners seen since the Russian Plumbers Training Conference of 1983.

I love Ole but I think he's slowly heading in the right direction.

jose is still ace.

Unread 29-11-2019, 02:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
If Mourinho does end up being a success at Tottenham, would people finally give Ole a bit of breathing room? It would essentially confirm that Mourinho, despite what you think of his style of football, had never “lost it” and that the issues really do lie with the the people at the top. It would also cast doubt on anyone being able to do much better with the squad we have.

Just curious to know, as some people seem to almost want him to succeed there, whilst writing off OGS.
We've been utterly £#%&!ing abhorrent since March mate. Exactly how much "breathing room" should one warrant at the self proclaimed biggest club in the world?

Some crazy people might have designs on beating such footballing juggernauts as Newcastle and Bournemouth - two teams who've scored a whopping 26 goals between them this season - and newly promoted Sheffield United who up until a 7 minute brain fart were giving us a comprehensive footballing lesson.

Personally I think the chief exec and the club should be made to let him see out his entire contract and own this £#%&! up in all it's glory.

Unread 29-11-2019, 03:00 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We've been utterly f***ing abhorrent since March mate. Exactly how much "breathing room" should one warrant at the self proclaimed biggest club in the world?

Some crazy people might have designs on beating such footballing juggernauts as Newcastle and Bournemouth - two teams who've scored a whopping 26 goals between them this season - and newly promoted Sheffield United who up until a 7 minute brain fart were giving us a comprehensive footballing lesson.

Personally I think the chief exec and the club should be made to let him see out his entire contract and own this f*** up in all it's glory.
I disagree with you. We were shocking up at the end of last season, and were pretty dire at the beginning of this one. But surely you can see what Ole is attempting to get us doing on the pitch? We are getting sharper, and I like the signings he has made. I’d also say when we have played well this season, even if only for 15-20 mins, we have looked more like the United of old than we have done for years.

Again, we were playing awfully at the end of Jose’s tenure. What made him better for the job than Ole? OGS has made a couple of great signings and one left over from Mou’s time here, and we are gradually playing more like a team.

Unread 29-11-2019, 03:17 PM
utd99

Quote:
We've been utterly £#%&!ing abhorrent since March mate. Exactly how much "breathing room" should one warrant at the self proclaimed biggest club in the world?

Personally I think the chief exec and the club should be made to let him see out his entire contract and own this £#%&! up in all it's glory.
You’re assuming if he’s given that amount of time it will end up being a £#%&! up. Can you not see what he’s trying to do? I don’t know if it’ll be successful, but when you can clearly see the plan and know that there will be blood before it comes together, what do you do? No matter who manages this club there will be a fallow period if they’re looking beyond one season, so if the support can’t stomach that period of time we’re £#%&!ed. We may as well try to figure out who has the best shot of getting results in the first six months and go with that.

Unread 29-11-2019, 03:31 PM
Sparky***

This isn’t going to end well lads.

See what he’s trying to do is one thing.

At some point he actually has to do.

Unread 29-11-2019, 03:46 PM
utd99

Quote:

Ship out a host of players who are overpaid, underachieving and generally not good enough. Bring through the best hopefuls from the academy, then supplement them with the best quality established pro’s available. Tie down our goalkeeper to a new deal when he’s clearly not sure he wants to end his career here because of the farce, AND solve the Pogba problem. Completely turn around a flippant joke of a dressing room attitude by getting rid of the children and recruiting men - and I don’t mean age, I mean mentality.

Mate, we can’t bang on about how bad our squad is -under 4 managers now- and expect Ole to overhaul it in 6 months. It’s not going to happen. I’d hoped we’d be playing better at this point, but I also understand why we’re not.

Serious question: how long do you think that takes when we could reasonably be looking at a turnover of 20+ players?

Unread 29-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Ship out a host of players who are overpaid, underachieving and generally not good enough. Bring through the best hopefuls from the academy, then supplement them with the best quality established pro’s available. Tie down our goalkeeper to a new deal when he’s clearly not sure he wants to end his career here because of the farce, AND solve the Pogba problem. Completely turn around a flippant joke of a dressing room attitude by getting rid of the children and recruiting men - and I don’t mean age, I mean mentality.

Mate, we can’t bang on about how bad our squad is -under 4 managers now- and expect Ole to overhaul it in 6 months. It’s not going to happen. I’d hoped we’d be playing better at this point, but I also understand why we’re not.

Serious question: how long do you think that takes when we could reasonably be looking at a turnover of 20+ players?
That no mark who manages Sheff Utd is apparently qualified to be higher than us in the league.

His players aren't a patch on other top 10 teams. But he does have them playing like a team.

Ole can do that.

Unread 29-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

Word !

Unread 29-11-2019, 07:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
The monster!
Given LvG is the reason he's a coach it said a fair bit about his mindset. Still wanted to fight the world. Was only going to end one way.

Obviously it's extremely early in this new job but there's been none of that so far.

Quote:

Nope. They'll just say he should never have been sacked etc.

Surely we know the problems are higher up anyway. Mourinho came here and did what Mourinho does. They seemed shocked by it.

Unread 29-11-2019, 11:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
That no mark who manages Sheff Utd is apparently qualified to be higher than us in the league.

His players aren't a patch on other top 10 teams. But he does have them playing like a team.

Ole can do that.
In all reality, where are Sheffield United likely to be at the end of the season? Every year has it’s overachievers yet they rarely stay the course. Teams like this often seem more of a unit because the players that comprise them can often bridge the gap in quality by sheer work rate, humility and commitment. Let’s face it, we’ve imported more than our fair share of mentally compromised players over the last 5 years; those are the ones it appears Ole is trying to ship out asap.

Pep had a tricky first season, and he inherited (and had already bought, probably) better players than we have, and Klopp was middling to poor in his first two seasons. Solskjaer really hasn’t had that long.

Unread 30-11-2019, 12:09 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

He is doing. Or do you think it happens with a click of the fingers?

Unread 30-11-2019, 12:22 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
He is doing. Or do you think it happens with a click of the fingers?
A bit of a winning run would be nice, though. Would take the pressure off the manager in a big way too.

Unread 30-11-2019, 12:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
A bit of a winning run would be nice, though. Would take the pressure off the manager in a big way too.
Won 5 in the last 8 including Thursday pal.

Unread 30-11-2019, 01:36 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He’s been busy campaigning tbf.

Unread 30-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Standards have dropped a little if we are considering this a winning run.

A better statistic is that we haven't won consecutive league games since 2 March.

Unread 30-11-2019, 01:32 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

A better statistic is that we haven't won consecutive league games since 2 March.

Unread 30-11-2019, 02:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Standards have dropped. Have you not been watching?

Unread 30-11-2019, 02:22 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Standards have dropped. Have you not been watching?
Unfortunately, yes I have.

Unread 30-11-2019, 04:22 PM
barca99

They will get top 4. Hardly a huge claim but i am just getting that in there.
Closed Thread