Default We have lost more games than Arsenal and Chelsea

and the same number as the Vermin. It's a funny old game

Unread 14-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Duck FFS

25 wins

Unread 14-04-2008, 10:34 PM
denis lawless

but weve won more and scored more and conceeded less and drawn less

someone said early on in the season (Poppy i think it was) that being unbeaten was more important than winning/losing matches....

%@#$&!s then...%@#$&!s now.......one win one defeat > 2 draws

Unread 14-04-2008, 10:35 PM
armchair

look at the gd - it's hysterical

fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

someone said early on in the season (Poppy i think it was) that being unbeaten was more important than winning/losing matches....

And don't forget the style of football to gain those victories!

tatty

That's the crux of it denis.

You're better off going for the wins rather than grinding out 1-0's but getting caught out frquently with late equalisers.

Unread 14-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Buckwheat

As long as you can put five or sx game winning runs together you can generally afford the odd defeat. Draws are £#%&! all good but they can make an unbeaten record look far more impressive than it is.

Unread 14-04-2008, 10:52 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
And don't forget the style of football to gain those victories!
the beautiful game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
That's the crux of it denis.

You're better off going for the wins rather than grinding out 1-0's but getting caught out frquently with late equalisers.
exactly ..... always go for the kill......always baffled when pundits think teams have pulled themselves out of the fire when they save a point....for me its STILL 2 points lost so its no big deal......only a win will do for me

Unread 14-04-2008, 10:53 PM
toseeunited

as reds we all know that united getting beat can be a good thing...

look at when we got beat by city - is it 8 wins on the bounce since then...

Unread 14-04-2008, 10:55 PM
RedArmy20

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited

for years i have heard things bounce around.

but how the £#%&! do they bounce? what do they bounce on?

Unread 14-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Father Christmas

Striving to avoid defeat is the Arsenal mentality and the reasonwhy they'll never be as great as us.

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:02 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

And we had a shite start to the season.

2 points out of 9 wasn't it?

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:03 PM
poppy

Quote:

I didn't exactly say that though. I was making the point that most seasons the team that loses least will win the league (as may well be again this season). Just because it didn't happen last year doesn't mean that it's not generally true.

I was saying it's better to have three straight draws and remain unbeaten than to win one, draw one and then lose one. I think most would agree with that.

Anyway, who cares now. I think after tonight's result we might see Chelsea resting even more for Goodison on Thursday, meaning we might wrap it up this weekend, all being well. And I for one don't give a stuff how we managed to go about getting the required amount of points.

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:03 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited

Remember Boro last week? No, me neither.

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:05 PM
£#%&! KFC

losing that 34 year home record to the Liars still hurts

but they took six points off us and we are still gonna win the league

poor old Citeh

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:29 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
I didn't exactly say that though. I was making the point that most seasons the team that loses least will win the league (as may well be again this season). Just because it didn't happen last year doesn't mean that it's not generally true.

I was saying it's better to have three straight draws and remain unbeaten than to win one, draw one and then lose one. I think most would agree with that.

Anyway, who cares now. I think after tonight's result we might see Chelsea resting even more for Goodison on Thursday, meaning we might wrap it up this weekend, all being well. And I for one don't give a stuff how we managed to go about getting the required amount of points.
i still dont get it....and i doubt anyone else does
surely 3 draws means 3 points

one win one draw and one defeat means 4 points

the fact weve only drawn 5 times as oppose to chelseas 9 and arsenals 11 means we're top

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Unlike some here, I know when you say things like this, you're seeing who will take the bait. Neverthless, I'm taking it.

3 straight draws = 3 points.
1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss = 4 points.

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:40 PM
poppy

Three questions:

1. Would you prefer to win two games and then lose the next four or would you prefer to draw six straight games?

2. True or False: you receive a different trophy after winning the title on 87 points having lost no games than you do having won the title on 87 points after losing three games.

3. True of false: most seasons the team losing least games win the league.

That's all I was saying. Remaining undefeated is not to be underestimated. If you win a game, then draw a game and then lose a game you might have the four points but you go into the 4th game on the back of a loss. If you draw all three you go into the 4th game on the back of an unbeaten run. Personally, I think the latter option is the more preferable.

Anyway, no big deal. As long as we win it this year who the bobby cares!

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:48 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Three questions:

1. Would you prefer to win two games and then lose the next four or would you prefer to draw six straight games?

points wise it makes no difference although moral may well be dented if you lost 4 in a row....i'll give you that

2. True or False: you receive a different trophy after winning the title on 87 points having lost no games than you do having won the title on 87 points after losing three games.

same trophy, so therefore remaining unbeaten gives you no real advantage

3. True of false: most seasons the team losing least games win the league.

without going back through the records i dont know but probably true

That's all I was saying. Remaining undefeated is not to be underestimated. If you win a game, then draw a game and then lose a game you might have the four points but you go into the 4th game on the back of a loss. If you draw all three you go into the 4th game on the back of an unbeaten run. Personally, I think the latter option is the more preferable.

going on a run of draws actually undid Arsenals championship campaign and didnt do them any good when they came to OT on sunday

Anyway, no big deal. As long as we win it this year who the bobby cares!
we can lose another game this season and still win the league......

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:54 PM
poppy

Quote:
we can lose another game this season and still win the league......
I thought Arsenal received a special Premier League trophy that they got to keep after they won it unbeaten? I think it may have been gold not silver.

Then again, to be fair to me, I might have dreamt that.
Closed Thread