United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2022, 02:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Give it time. We've not played anyone known for scoring a lot of goals yet...
This. The performances are shocking.

We’ve played Palace, Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley, Wolves and Villa and we’ve been carved open numerous times.

The best we’ve looked under RR is the first 45 minutes against palace. Since then, it’s been the same stuff Ole served up: half pressing, littered with errors, teams walking through us, idiotic decision making in the final third. All the usual flaws that kill us as a team.

The players look like they couldn’t give a shit and I’m sick of the sight of all of them. Sick of them and their rented quotes about looking in the mirror, fighting for the shirt and then following it up with another half arsed, brainless, lazy display.

I’m so so sick of watching any half decent organised team outwit and outfight us every single week.

Unread 11-01-2022, 02:33 PM
Hyman_Roth

Struggling to see how it could be going much worse. Amazed that we won last night.

I never expected us to suddenly turn into a well oiled team (predicted we’d finish 6th) but I honestly thought we might show at least some intent. Everyone looks like they hate walking onto that pitch.

It has to improve because it really can’t get any worse.

Performance wise, the nearest I can compare this to is 1989 which incidentally was one of my favourite seasons because of our off field dominance and all the Manchester stuff.

I’m afraid there’s no off field high jinx to help me through this torrid shit now. This is just shit. Stone cold shit.

Unread 11-01-2022, 02:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Football has been horrendous. But at least we've stopped shipping 4 goals a game.

Tho maybe could have last night
we concede the same amount of stupid chances it's just that we've played wolves and villa who can't finish them. Once we play a top 6 team again, we'll get battered.

It's incredible, we turn over possession cheaply so many times and then opposition players just trot straight through the midfield and they're in our 18 yard box, totally unopposed. How can you hope to achieve anything, playing like that.

Fred and The Scottish Player get pulled all over the place and the sheer amount of times they turn the ball over is £#%&!ing criminal, every 50/50, every loose ball, they £#%&!ing lose it.

It's incredible how our international centre backs have trouble with basic hoofed high balls. Lindelof the £#%&!ing mess trying to control that last night and basically just putting Watkins through on goal. it's incredible.

Middlesbrough will fancy their chances and rightly so. Anyone who turns up and puts themselves about will basically create all the chances they want.

Unread 11-01-2022, 03:03 PM
shenwen

I’m still backing Ranggers. It’s clear he knows what the problems are. Open to calling out the team, but not individuals, which is smart. Maybe Ole knew too behind the scenes but in public it was just about trying harder, etc. which pissed me off.

Unread 11-01-2022, 03:04 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I’m still backing Ranggers. It’s clear he knows what the problems are. Open to calling out the team, but not individuals, which is smart. Maybe Ole knew too behind the scenes but in public it was just about trying harder, etc. which pissed me off.
100%

He has inherited a shit squad with no time available. You don’t get time at UTD. Even the media bend over backwards for other clubs like Arsenal.

He lost his first game the other day and he was being called out. More importantly he needs to have a role at the end of the season with the club

Unread 11-01-2022, 03:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Well Ole had 3 years to bed in a culture in the dressing room and he clearly wasn't a strong enough personality to keep the @#%&!s in check.

Ragnick is what he is. A bloke who's a consultant doing an interim job because our no1 choice isn't available. he'll be taking notes no doubt about who the £#%&!ing bad eggs are who need £#%&!ing off though.

Unread 11-01-2022, 03:07 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Struggling to see how it could be going much worse. Amazed that we won last night.

I never expected us to suddenly turn into a well oiled team (predicted we’d finish 6th) but I honestly thought we might show at least some intent. Everyone looks like they hate walking onto that pitch.

It has to improve because it really can’t get any worse.

Performance wise, the nearest I can compare this to is 1989 which incidentally was one of my favourite seasons because of our off field dominance and all the Manchester stuff.

I’m afraid there’s no off field high jinx to help me through this torrid shit now. This is just shit. Stone cold shit.
You need to get back into garys. Turn that frown upside down.

Unread 11-01-2022, 03:32 PM
Jack Duckworth

it's all been very underwhelming so far.

fold the club, give the trophies/history to fc united, and start again from non-league.

Unread 11-01-2022, 06:12 PM
AK14

He’s still got my full support, which I’m guessing means a hell of a lot to him.

Unread 11-01-2022, 07:06 PM
tatty

He was never going to be able to assert himself because the players know he's a short term appointment.

As other have said, I hope he walks out on to the training pitch with the new manager and walks around the squad going 'bin him, bin him, bin him'.

Unread 11-01-2022, 07:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
we concede the same amount of stupid chances it's just that we've played wolves and villa who can't finish them. Once we play a top 6 team again, we'll get battered.

It's incredible, we turn over possession cheaply so many times and then opposition players just trot straight through the midfield and they're in our 18 yard box, totally unopposed. How can you hope to achieve anything, playing like that.

Fred and The Scottish Player get pulled all over the place and the sheer amount of times they turn the ball over is £#%&!ing criminal, every 50/50, every loose ball, they £#%&!ing lose it.

It's incredible how our international centre backs have trouble with basic hoofed high balls. Lindelof the £#%&!ing mess trying to control that last night and basically just putting Watkins through on goal. it's incredible.

Middlesbrough will fancy their chances and rightly so. Anyone who turns up and puts themselves about will basically create all the chances they want.
Tbf, Watford managed it under Ole.

Unread 11-01-2022, 07:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I know mate, i was there.

Unread 11-01-2022, 07:51 PM
Ethers

Quote:
You’re obsessed

Unread 11-01-2022, 07:53 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
You’re obsessed

Probably the least obsessed person on this very 4um pal.

Unread 12-01-2022, 12:06 AM
saffers

Ralf doing a good job in horrific circumstances.

Whoever coming in after Ole was always going to have a big clean up job.

3 years of nonsense. Funny how some people are more critical after 3 weeks of Rangnick than they were after 3 years of Ole. Agendas all over the shop. Little rats, we won.

Unread 12-01-2022, 02:25 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well Ole had 3 years to bed in a culture in the dressing room and he clearly wasn't a strong enough personality to keep the @#%&!s in check.

Ragnick is what he is. A bloke who's a consultant doing an interim job because our no1 choice isn't available. he'll be taking notes no doubt about who the £#%&!ing bad eggs are who need £#%&!ing off though.
Bailly already out the door. Can't have them moaners bringing everybody down.

Ralf knows

Unread 12-01-2022, 10:34 AM
windy waffles

The substitute teacher anaology I've heard before is spot on.

The players won't be trying for him. Same way when your teacher was on leave and you had a subbie, you would spend all day lying about what your name is and flicking elastic bands at him whilst he writes his name on the board. Something I can definitiely imagine Jesse Lingard doing whilst shouting 'beanz'.

Unread 12-01-2022, 11:20 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

The players won't be trying for him. Same way when your teacher was on leave and you had a subbie, you would spend all day lying about what your name is and flicking elastic bands at him whilst he writes his name on the board. Something I can definitiely imagine Jesse Lingard doing whilst shouting 'beanz'.
He doesn't care if you know his name or not as he doesn't give a shit as he isn't staying so if you £#%&! about you're out of the door and into the bottom set.

It makes perfect sense to bring in a short term hatchet man to do the clearing out.

Unread 12-01-2022, 11:45 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
He doesn't care if you know his name or not as he doesn't give a shit as he isn't staying so if you £#%&! about you're out of the door and into the bottom set.

It makes perfect sense to bring in a short term hatchet man to do the clearing out.
This.... the players have to be beyond naive if they think they can 'get away' with it for 6 months just because he's interm.

Actually they probably are that stupid.

Unread 12-01-2022, 11:49 AM
92ToBury

Quote:

Not really. He's staying for another two years, which is where the analogy falls flat.
Closed Thread