United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-10-2013, 10:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the picture doesn't tell the story - no-one can play that pass first time on the run at full stretch with the outside of their lead foot.

I could have. easy ball. no way I'd have passed given a couple of yards head start on the nearest defender, though.

welbeck should have scored.

Unread 21-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

I could have. easy ball. no way I'd have passed given a couple of yards head start on the nearest defender, though.
oh right, so you're player manager now are you

Unread 21-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

welbeck should have scored.
of course if he had any nous about scoring he'd have cut across the chasing defender's running line giving him no choice but to either foul Welbeck leading to a red card, or avoid clipping his legs by letting him go.

But then it's Welbeck and he's £#%&!ing clueless.

Unread 21-10-2013, 10:50 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
of course if he had any nous about scoring he'd have cut across the chasing defender's running line giving him no choice but to either foul Welbeck leading to a red card, or avoid clipping his legs by letting him go.

this

£#%&!ing cost us the game right there:shakehead:

Unread 21-10-2013, 10:56 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
oh right, so you're player manager now are you
not now. I said I could have. not this week-end. maybe 15 years ago.

it's not really fair to compare welbeck to me though. I was a ruthless striker.

Unread 21-10-2013, 10:59 PM
jem

Quote:

this. if I were really slow.

Unread 21-10-2013, 11:01 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Neville spot on with his opinion on Fellaini just then.

Why was Jan central though? That's Rooney's job to drop deep and be that link between midfield/striker.

Unread 21-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Why was Jan central though? That's Rooney's job to drop deep and be that link between midfield/striker.
What did he say?

Unread 21-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Neville chose the wrong comparison in Evra and Vidic tbh. They were coming from another country and were seriously struggling with the pace of the English game. Fellaini has been here for 5 years so there's no excuse in that respect. He should be well used to the pace of the English game.

Unread 21-10-2013, 11:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not now. I said I could have. not this week-end. maybe 15 years ago.

it's not really fair to compare welbeck to me though. I was a ruthless striker.
Think you're underselling yourself jem. Could see you in the Sheringham "schemer" role in RVP's hole. nqat.

Unread 21-10-2013, 11:11 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
What did he say?
Said he played well against Leverkusen (he's right) but said Saturday he was shown up for being too slow.

Highlighted with a simple round the corner ball, too many touches.

Still think Fellaini will come good for us, but as I commented on throughout the summer he wasn't the one to resolve the problems centrally. He's not that type of player.

Unread 21-10-2013, 11:34 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Think you're underselling yourself jem. Could see you in the Sheringham "schemer" role in RVP's hole. nqat.
sure. if I'd had a heavy night out the night before and was feeling a bit slow and fragile.

Unread 21-10-2013, 11:42 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
sure. if I'd had a heavy night out the night before and was feeling a bit slow and fragile.
A Whiteside eh?

Unread 21-10-2013, 11:57 PM
jem

I can't really compare myself to anyone because I haven't seen anyone quite as complete. maybe hughes and van basten combined, but better in the air.

Unread 22-10-2013, 12:01 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I can't really compare myself to anyone because I haven't seen anyone quite as complete. maybe hughes and van basten combined, but better in the air.
I'm thinking Terry Gibson personally......

Unread 22-10-2013, 12:03 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I'm thinking Terry Gibson personally......
you're confusing me with tufty.

Unread 22-10-2013, 12:13 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you're confusing me with tufty.

Unread 22-10-2013, 12:43 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Neville chose the wrong comparison in Evra and Vidic tbh. They were coming from another country and were seriously struggling with the pace of the English game. Fellaini has been here for 5 years so there's no excuse in that respect. He should be well used to the pace of the English game.
Also, Vidic and Evra are always lumped together, but Vidic had settled by the end of that season. He'd gone about a month without training when he joined United, let alone playing. By the end of the season he'd had a very good game against Arsenal and was looking better.

Evra was the one. Looked very overawed by it all. I was a big fan before he signed, but I wondered if he was mentally strong enough after that first six months. But as you say, he was coming mid-season from a different country. Not really the same as Fellaini.

Best part from Neville was his reaction when asked about the Northeast derby. Couldn't give a shit