United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I hope he gets the chance. Our players have been able to lean too heavily on things other than current form for way too long tbh. Good players tend not to need a dozen excuses.

It’s not just about goals mate, it’s about clean play. The best goal scorers can go through barren patches, but that doesn’t mean their overall game has to be brainless and sloppy. Too often Rashford is brainless and sloppy; sorry if that doesn’t correlate with the local lad done good narrative.
Don’t apologise pal. I accepted by the time I was old enough to watch football properly that a 21yo striker wouldn’t have it all.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
He's spent his career on the wing. He isn't used to playing down the middle. Hopefully he will learn with experience. It isn't his fault he's our only striker.
It wouldnt be as bad if he wasnt begging for a new deal with a bumper pay rise. If he wants a world class wage bracket start playing like someone who is world class.

£#%&!ing @#%&! , sick of the lot of them

utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Don’t apologise pal. I accepted by the time I was old enough to watch football properly that a 21yo striker wouldn’t have it all.
How about improvement? Is that asking too much?

Your bar is very low mate.

AK14

Quote:
Except when he scores and this thread gets abandonded by the same posters obviously.

I’m fairly confident Rashford will score a decent amount of goals this season, but no doubt we don’t look strong going forward.

Not allowed to slate him? I’ve definitely been on the wrong forum.
Correct.

Can’t say he’s shit on here without being labelled a hater etc.

red in cumbria

Quote:

As if this thread with 1500 posts never existed.
Haven't most of them been by one poster tho

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
How about improvement? Is that asking too much?

Your bar is very low mate.
Everybody wants him to improve.

At least I hope so. It’s just that when he does do well plenty go quiet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Correct.

Can’t say he’s shit on here without being labelled a hater etc.
Clueless rather than a hater tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Haven't most of them been by one poster tho
Nah there’s a few. They’re the ones who didn’t post on this thread after Chelsea generally.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:51 PM
AK14

Quote:

Yeah he was great today tbf.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Coracao

Has he actually improved since he was 18. I don't think it is clear cut that he has. Seems he is becoming more brain dead as time passes.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

When was the last time he had a good run of games?

Scoring in one and then going missing for the next 5 isnt good enough

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:53 PM
MartialLaw

Can anybody really say he's better now than when he made his debut?

If anything bulking up has cost him a yard of pace and he's even worse.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Nah there’s a few. They’re the ones who didn’t post on this thread after Chelsea generally.
Possibly because he got credit in the match thread rather than add to one whose title is about Rashford being shit?

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:56 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
When was the last time he had a good run of games?

Scoring in one and then going missing for the next 5 isnt good enough
Wouldn’t bother me so much if his general play was good tbh.

Quote:
Possibly because he got credit in the match thread rather than add to one whose title is about Rashford being shit?
Stop being a hater pal.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:58 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw

I dont think he has lost any pace , he just isnt as technically gifted as hoped

Berbatov had a top first touch and could finish and head.

Same with RVP.

Even chicharito could finish despite him being shite at everything else.

As a striker all he has going for him is his pace. He is too easy to defend against

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw

He looks a player that has no real idea of how the play develops around him. That gets done on the training pitch week-in, week-out. I have no idea what we work on or how we intend to get him and Martial to score goals. We create very little and the only two goals we've scored lately have come from a championship footballer producing two worldie finishes. Very concerning.

Rashford will never be a top centre forward. Ever. He doesn't have the instincts or attributes to be a penalty area predator, not does he have the quality to be a 'thierry henry' style finisher who can pick the ball up 20 yards from goal and create his own chances. Tammy £#%&!ing Abraham will out score him comfortably this season.

At his absolutely best you'll probably get 15 goals out of him over 50 odd games. Which, by anyones's standards, isn't anywhere near good enough.

If you'd have said this stuff 18 months ago you'd have got stamped all over by the usual fanboys who can't bare to see their favourites being criticised.

But the proof is bearing itself out in the pudding now, which is for the best. The excuses are running out and all you'll get now is people who have no argument left just accusing you of "bedwetting" or "enjoying it".

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He looks a player that has no real idea of how the play develops around him. That gets done on the training pitch week-in, week-out. I have no idea what we work on or how we intend to get him and Martial to score goals. We create very little and the only two goals we've scored lately have come from a championship footballer producing two worldie finishes. Very concerning.

Rashford will never be a top centre forward. Ever. He doesn't have the instincts or attributes to be a penalty area predator, not does he have the quality to be a 'thierry henry' style finisher who can pick the ball up 20 yards from goal and create his own chances. Tammy £#%&!ing Abraham will out score him comfortably this season.

At his absolutely best you'll probably get 15 goals out of him over 50 odd games. Which, by anyones's standards, isn't anywhere near good enough.

If you'd have said this stuff 18 months ago you'd have got stamped all over by the usual fanboys who can't bare to see their favourites being criticised.

But the proof is bearing itself out in the pudding now, which is for the best. The excuses are running out and all you'll get now is people who have no argument left just accusing you of "bedwetting" or "enjoying it".
Got into several good positions today. Which players who have no idea of the play around them don’t tend to do. He does need coaching though, and better focus when things aren’t going for him.

Nobody on here ever says Rashford will be Thiery Henry. The hysterics are generally left to you.

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Got into several good positions today. Which players who have no idea of the play around them don’t tend to do. He does need coaching though, and better focus when things aren’t going for him.

Nobody on here ever says Rashford will be Thiery Henry. The hysterics are generally left to you.
I didn't say they did?

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I didn't say they did?
But it seems important to you when United are building the youngest side we have in years, clearly at the start of a huge rebuild, to shout about how our 21yo striker will never be a superstar. He played with Daniel James and Juan Mata today. I mean I like these lads but with Pereira and The Scottish Player in midfield and full-backs offering £#%&! all going forward this team has a long way to go.

Most of them look a bit demoralised at the moment, not just Rashford. Up to Ole this season to keep their morale up after the inevitable setbacks.

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red;5231781[B
]But it seems important to you when United are building the youngest side we have in years, clearly at the start of a huge rebuild, to shout about how our 21yo striker will never be a superstar[/b]. He played with Daniel James and Juan Mata today. I mean I like these lads but with Pereira and The Scottish Player in midfield and full-backs offering £#%&! all going forward this team has a long way to go.

Most of them look a bit demoralised at the moment, not just Rashford. Up to Ole this season to keep their morale up after the inevitable setbacks.
I've been telling you all this for £#%&!ing ages mate, don't make out like i've knee-jerked this.

But in the past you could blame the manager, or where he was being played on the pitch or the fact he was a teenager. I don't know how anyone who has watched football for any decent period of time could fail to realise that he's never going to be a top striker.

Now he's a seasoned pro, on 150k plus a week a full international with world cup experience, being played up front with a manager who will encourage him and give him chances.

As i've said, the proof will be in the pudding and all I have to do is say "look at him play football"

And you have no recourse because there is nowhere to hide. And in a couple of years the "youngster" excuses will get blown away as well.

Your boy ain't up to it. Accept it.

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:22 PM
dunk

Seasoned pro at 21
Closed Thread