jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Fergie's signings post 07

Unread 10-04-2019, 05:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Honestly think LVG was a better manager for us than Mou. Most of the players seemed on board with him and he won the FA cup, our first trophy post-fergie and definitley the one with the most prestige in my opinion. He also had a clear plan, it didn't work out, but it was obvious what he was trying to implement. Everything you could criticise LvG for your could do the same with Mou but worse (shit signings, boring football etc).
Except when they stopped playing for him, but let's draw a veil over that shall we

Unread 10-04-2019, 06:02 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Except when they stopped playing for him, but let's draw a veil over that shall we
Did they stop playing for him or did they just not have the ability to do what was asked? I mean we totally capitulated under Mourinho when the players blatantly stopped giving a shit, whereas we still managed to win the FA cup at the end of LVG's tenure. No excuses for how boring the football was, and I think his "philosophy" was always at odds with what we perceive the club to be about, but having seen what we've seen in hindsight from the shithouses clogging our team up I'd be more inclined to believe that they just weren't up to what he was asking of them.

Unread 10-04-2019, 06:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Did they stop playing for him or did they just not have the ability to do what was asked? I mean we totally capitulated under Mourinho when the players blatantly stopped giving a shit, whereas we still managed to win the FA cup at the end of LVG's tenure. No excuses for how boring the football was, and I think his "philosophy" was always at odds with what we perceive the club to be about, but having seen what we've seen in hindsight from the shithouses clogging our team up I'd be more inclined to believe that they just weren't up to what he was asking of them.
He's been gone 3 years ffs. Get over it.

Unread 10-04-2019, 06:03 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's been gone 3 years ffs. Get over it.
I'm the happiest I've been post-fergie since Ole came on board...

Unread 10-04-2019, 06:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Won 9 of his last 12 games.

Quote:
More honest

Unread 10-04-2019, 06:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Won 9 of his last 12 games.
Turned it round by doing a Theresa May and making it clear he wouldn't be around forever, was a bit more successful in it than she has been tbf

Unread 10-04-2019, 06:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Turned it round by doing a Theresa May and making it clear he wouldn't be around forever, was a bit more successful in it than she has been tbf

Agreed.

Unread 11-04-2019, 03:12 AM
shenwen

Don't need Valencia anymore. Have Young doing a great impression of the lad.

Unread 10-05-2019, 06:44 PM
AK14

Could be getting some game time Sunday according to Ole.

Unread 10-05-2019, 06:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Could be getting some game time Sunday according to Ole.
deserves it. standing o, subbed on 88 after scoring.

Unread 10-05-2019, 06:49 PM
Chris Quayd

No matter what you think of Valencia it's bizarre he hasn't played more under Ole considering the alternative is an absolutely gassed Young.

Unread 10-05-2019, 07:19 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
deserves it. standing o, subbed on 88 after scoring.
Or in the real world, getting an axe thrown at him as he steps off the coach

Unread 10-05-2019, 07:42 PM
Mr_Ed

Was never the same after breaking his leg IMHO. His crossing has been hash and I think I saw him use his left foot to cross the ball twice

Unread 10-05-2019, 07:47 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
No matter what you think of Valencia it's bizarre he hasn't played more under Ole considering the alternative is an absolutely gassed Young.
There is clearly something wrong that we don't know about.

Be it personal, a falling out with somebody at the club or whatever...but he's played for his country in the time that he was "injured"

Either way, goodbye...you should have left years ago & signing you at the time we did is the embodiment of the Glazers.

Unread 10-05-2019, 08:04 PM
AK14

Who was it that called Mourinho out on the way he treated Valencia?

Something about him being “the nicest man in football” was mentioned?

Still hasn’t played a game and Mourinho’s been gone five months

Unread 10-05-2019, 08:06 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Was never the same after breaking his leg IMHO. His crossing has been hash and I think I saw him use his left foot to cross the ball twice
Had his best season for us after breaking his leg.
Saying he was never the same is the biggest myth since Keane ending Haalands career

Unread 10-05-2019, 08:07 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Played at Newcastle tbf. But yea, something has gone on, strange that nothing has been leaked by either side.

Unread 10-05-2019, 08:14 PM
jem

Quote:

mou must have really hurt him.

Unread 10-05-2019, 09:56 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Had his best season for us after breaking his leg.
Saying he was never the same is the biggest myth since Keane ending Haalands career
Yep absolute fallacy.

Was our player of the season in 11-12 when he came back after the ankle break. It’s an excuse people make for his descent into terminal cowardice,
Closed Thread