United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:54 AM
florentino ariza

Default maradona's defensive tactics for WC

"I'm going to defend with four centre-backs but I'm also going to have full-backs available in case we need to improve coming out of defence."

ooooooooooo kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, diego

lifted from comments after their squad selection which does not include cambiasso or zanetti

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...10/8676659.stm

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Ginners

Default Re: maradona's defensive tactics for WC

wtf

gago, milito, cambiasso, zanetti miss out but newcastles coloccini and gutierrez make it?

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:00 AM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
wtf

gago, milito, cambiasso, zanetti miss out but newcastles coloccini and gutierrez make it?
plus a few lads who impressed against Haiti!

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:01 AM
carlosartorial

Completely barking....they'll probably win it.

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Sloane

They could have chance of winning it if he wasnt in charge, they were a shambles in qualifying and it doesnt look like anything is going to change.
At least veron is in the squad :-)

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:02 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Maradona, speaking before naming his squad, said he wanted Messi to roam freely during the World Cup in South Africa.

"I don't want him stationed on the [right touch] line," said Maradona. "All the balls have to pass through him.
Get him in your fantasy team lads!

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thumbs up Re: maradona's defensive tactics for WC

clearly on some kind of brewster's millions type instruction that states he has to tear down his godlike status in argentina before he can win his prize.

locura

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Lok

I think he means something like this:
Keeper
CB---CB
RB---------------LB
'CB'---'CB'
RW-----CM-----LW
ST

It' should work pretty well imo.

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:06 AM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I think he means something like this:
Keeper
CB---CB
RB---------------LB
'CB'---'CB'
RW-----CM-----LW
ST

It' should work pretty well imo.
do you?

do you really?

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
plus a few lads who impressed against Haiti!
haiti ffs, most of their players are missing limbs. its technically impossible to nutmeg the centre back.

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
They could have chance of winning it if he wasnt in charge, they were a shambles in qualifying and it doesnt look like anything is going to change.
At least veron is in the squad :-)
Not sure to be honest. They don't have a decent keeper, the defence isn't great and the forward line doesn't seem to click properly. If I was in charge I'd probable go with:

Shit Keeper
Burdisso--Samuel--Demichelis--Zanetti
Cambiasso---Veron
Messi---------Tevez---------Aguero
Higuain

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
"I'm going to defend with four centre-backs but I'm also going to have full-backs available in case we need to improve coming out of defence."

ooooooooooo kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, diego

lifted from comments after their squad selection which does not include cambiasso or zanetti

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...10/8676659.stm
He's a clown.

Some good options here though:

Forwards: Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Diego Milito (Inter Milan), Martin Palermo (Boca Juniors), Carlos Tevez (Manchester City), Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli).

They could

Zanetti Demichelis Samuel Heinze

.........Cambiasso - Mascherano........

............... ... Messi

............Milito Tevez Higuian

That's without

Aguero
Veron
Di Maria.

They should have a decent shout of winning it with whats available to them.

How can he not pick Cambiasso and Zanetti

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
He's a clown.

Some good options here though:

Forwards: Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Diego Milito (Inter Milan), Martin Palermo (Boca Juniors), Carlos Tevez (Manchester City), Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli).

They could

Zanetti Demichelis Samuel Heinze

.........Cambiasso - Mascherano........

............... ... Messi

............Milito Tevez Higuian

That's without

Aguero
Veron
Di Maria.

They should have a decent shout of winning it with whats available to them.

How can he not pick Cambiasso and Zanetti
He's not picked Cambiasso because he prefers Mascherano. He's a massive fan of his apparently and doesn't get on with Cambiasso. For very obvious reasons, I think there's no chance in hell that Aguero will ever be dropped.

Whoever came up with the idea of appointing him as coach must be banging their head against a wall right now.

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:21 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Completely barking....they'll probably win it.
It'll be great if they do, can you imagine his celebrations?

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
It'll be great if they do, can you imagine his celebrations?
He'll probably put on a t-shirt saying "haters gonna hate" pick up the trophy and do a line of coke off it in the centre circle.

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:27 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginners
haiti ffs, most of their players are missing limbs. Its technically impossible to nutmeg the centre back.

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Not sure to be honest. They don't have a decent keeper, the defence isn't great and the forward line doesn't seem to click properly. If I was in charge I'd probable go with:

Shit Keeper
Burdisso--Samuel--Demichelis--Zanetti
Cambiasso---Veron
Messi---------Tevez---------Aguero
Higuain
Thats my point hes obviously not a great coach, look at dunga with brazil hes made them into a team rather than a bunch of individuals.
A decent coach could organise them better defensively even with not great defenders and find a system to suit the forwarda .
Why not pick zanetti? His experience would be vital and its not as if hes had a bad season
Also if mascherano gets injured or banned whats he going to do then? He should play both of them to give freedom to the attackers

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Lok

Quote:
Thats my point hes obviously not a great coach, look at dunga with brazil hes made them into a team rather than a bunch of individuals.
A decent coach could organise them better defensively even with not great defenders and find a system to suit the forwarda .
Why not pick zanetti? His experience would be vital and its not as if hes had a bad season
Also if mascherano gets injured or banned whats he going to do then? He should play both of them to give freedom to the attackers
I agree that Maradona is a shit coach, I don't think anyone would argue that. I just don't think they'd win it with a decent coach.

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Appletango

Quote:

That's my point to. If they played 4-2-3-1 or almost a 4-2-4 they could have Cambiasso and Mascherano in the middle who do as much work as any midfielders about leaving the likes of Messi, Higuain, Tevez, Milito, Di Maria, Aguero etc to do their thing upfront.

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:49 AM
borsuk

i wouldn't laugh tbh. they played four centre backs against germany (in germany) the other month and produced probably their best performance for two or three years. germany didn't get a sniff, it was a very impressive display from argentina.
Closed Thread