United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:41 PM
ScarFace

Have sky forgot they tried to do ppv during corona?

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
That wasn't Simon Jordan?
Bloke called Parish, apparently.

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yeah, work together, you tin pot #@&%!s

That's true, I mean everyone at FC just forgot about that and moved on.

I agree in principle though - time to move on and get behind protesting this shit.

It's just galling, that's all. Neville was scathing about boycotts in 2005 and is now acting like he knew all along.
As a player what could g nev do in 2005? Genuine question not defending him.

Players are employees at the end of the day. Talk and protest against owners and you’d be shipped out. No other team with self respect will sign you up because as an owner you don’t want a player with a track record of going against the grain.

I suppose you could say from a principle point of view but nobody in their right mind whilst playing for Utd would give it all up. Especially if you didn’t know the ins and outs. Footballers are thick as pig shit.

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:50 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

Players are employees at the end of the day. Talk and protest against owners and you’d be shipped out. No other team with self respect will sign you up because as an owner you don’t want a player with a track record of going against the grain.

I suppose you could say from a principle point of view but nobody in their right mind whilst playing for Utd would give it all up. Especially if you didn’t know the ins and outs. Footballers are thick as pig shit.
You serious?
Look how many utter £#%&!ing head the ball players have made a living of going to a club, going out of control & then off to do the same thing at a new club.

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:52 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

I never expected him to do anything except simply not criticise those who protested. He was very dismissive as I recall. Could have simply not said anything.

As recently as 2019 he said

“Owners don’t leave clubs unless they want to or are being hurt commercially. A bit of noise on here isn’t going to do a jot! It’s like a fly attacking an elephant!”

It's great he's seen the light but I won't be taking any lessons from him about what fans should do.

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:58 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
You serious?
Look how many utter f***ing head the ball players have made a living of going to a club, going out of control & then off to do the same thing at a new club.
There’s one thing that pogba and his agent does and talks of “a new challenge” or some dream to play for another club bullshit. To actively come out and say owners are not fit is another.

Don’t think it would have made a blind but of difference because in a couple of seasons we were winning league titles .

I suppose he could have come out, as could any of the others. But like I said there was no social media , media scrutiny wasn’t as intense. Unless you actively dived deeper into the forums and news articles you wouldn’t know too much about it. Even if you do. What footballer would ever do that?

I’m not defending him, just think him coming out wouldn’t have done much . I do believe however once he got the sky sports gig he could have been much more vocal. He can take blame for that .whilst he was a player at the club, not so much.

Edit just read a post above, if g nev was against boycotts in 2005 and such then he has been a bastard and it’s fair game

Unread 19-04-2021, 09:16 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Have sky forgot they tried to do ppv during corona?
It was the PL themselves rather than Sky. I believe both Sky and BT were actually against it and lost money on it
Closed Thread