United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:20 PM
Fat Al

Introduce Safe Standing & it'll be full every game. There's plenty that'll snap up any spare STs.

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:25 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
Wrong, I have actually been twice since the millennium
One was the Stones?

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:26 PM
Dueling Banjos

Been once since the takeover (and that was only because my nephew paid for the whole thing) so no, I won't be changing that even if and when I get back over that way.

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:28 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I think it would actually be the end for me the longer I've thought about it today.

I'd have to wait until that moment to see if I actually had the bottle to jump. Gut feeling today is, yes absolutely
That’s where I’m at.....sparkys reply made me think though.....would be easier to quit if I didn’t live a 20 minute Met ride away....too convenient

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Introduce Safe Standing & it'll be full every game. There's plenty that'll snap up any spare STs.

Sad thing is, after a while the ground will be filled with lads just there to see Barcelona, a mixture of tops in the Stretford end....

This opens it up to MORE fans if anything...

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:30 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Sad thing is, after a while the ground will be filled with lads just there to see Barcelona, a mixture of tops in the Stretford end....

This opens it up to MORE fans if anything...
Old Trafford one week, Anfield the next, the red dream

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
That’s where I’m at.....sparkys reply made me think though.....would be easier to quit if I didn’t live a 20 minute Met ride away....too convenient
club half made my choice for me when they increased my season ticket prices to 700 odd quid each

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:32 PM
AK14

Haven’t been to OT since 2013 tbf

But if this goes through it’ll be another nail on coffin of me being an armchair supporter I suppose.

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:34 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Haven’t been to OT since 2013 tbf

But if this goes through it’ll be another nail on coffin of me being an armchair supporter I suppose.
Harsh on armchair, he’s doing the best he can with us

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:35 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
club half made my choice for me when they increased my season ticket prices to 700 odd quid each
Same here mate, I've only been a handful of times since.
Last game was the 3-0 against the rats.

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:47 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Things change, it’s the only constant in life, football had to/has to change at some point, going to be difficult to give up United..

That said, it’s been getting boring anyway, this and the CL proposals just look like increasing the boredom and over saturating it anyway. It’s been £#%&!ing brutal trying to keep up with Covid football as it is we don’t need more ffs.

If they went the way of other sports in properly increasing rules to make it competitive and interesting I’d be all over it, not this though.
Why? Why does it need to change? VAR is a kick in the teeth that would get voted out if they had the nerve to put it up. This isnt change it's greed, pure and simple. Greed.

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Things change, it’s the only constant in life, football had to/has to change at some point, going to be difficult to give up United..

That said, it’s been getting boring anyway, this and the CL proposals just look like increasing the boredom and over saturating it anyway. It’s been £#%&!ing brutal trying to keep up with Covid football as it is we don’t need more ffs.

If they went the way of other sports in properly increasing rules to make it competitive and interesting I’d be all over it, not this though.
What are the new CL proposals btw?

I’ve seen it mentioned elsewhere all day but haven’t seen what they actually are.

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:57 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
What are the new CL proposals btw?

I’ve seen it mentioned elsewhere all day but haven’t seen what they actually are.

Think they pulled the announcement?

Unread 19-04-2021, 06:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Nope

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/medi...-from-2024-25/

Unread 19-04-2021, 07:29 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Would be genius if this was all a set up to take all the attention off the Champions League reforms. Super League called off, everything back to normal and noone cares

Unread 19-04-2021, 07:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Ah makes sense.

Just go back to

Top two teams qualifying for the Cl
3-5 into the Europa
Domestic cup winners into a knock out style cup winners cup

Less international friendlies.

£#%&! knows if it’ll work but I enjoyed that set up 25 years ago

Unread 19-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Sparky***

Unread 19-04-2021, 07:48 PM
Zorg

Come on lads, join me in protesting modern football by vaguely paying attention to games on shit streams that go down every 5 minutes. The soul is one.

Unread 19-04-2021, 07:50 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Come on lads, join me in protesting modern football by vaguely paying attention to games on shit streams that go down every 5 minutes. The soul is one.
the contemporary equivalent of having someone pissing down your leg whilst falling down the terracing.

Unread 19-04-2021, 07:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
the contemporary equivalent of having someone pissing down your leg whilst falling down the terracing.
Closed Thread