United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-05-2022, 11:52 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That’s like telling a victim of abuse to ‘just get over it’ tbf.

Unread 26-05-2022, 12:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You and a few others clearly had Stockholm Syndrome.

Unread 26-05-2022, 12:29 PM
believe

Quote:
You and a few others clearly had Stockholm Syndrome.
Is this when you constantly talk about the last real trophy we won?

Unread 26-05-2022, 12:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Is this when you constantly talk about the last real trophy we won?
The glorious day in May when LvG led us to the FA Cup

Unread 26-05-2022, 12:41 PM
believe

Quote:
The glorious day in May when LvG led us to the FA Cup
I think they call that Wembley Syndrome.

Unread 26-05-2022, 12:44 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
regardless of what Bobby Charlton 'intimated', he was the last manager to win us anything and as for comparisons with Busby I think football has moved on from then. Mourinho knew he would have a short window to achieve anything and sometimes you have to play a certain way to win. The days off managers staying for periods like Busby and Fergie is long gone.
I don't think its about longevity of tenure, its more about personality and stylistic fit, and Mourinho was never going to be right on that basis for United. Would a club like Barcelona or Ajax hire him, for example? Some managers just aren't made for some clubs.

I actually like Mourinho as a footballing man. He's obsessed with the game, a great character, and has a huge respect for footballing history, seen when he visited the Maradona shrine in Naples recently. He's also, with the exception of Chelsea, made the decision to manage proper clubs through his career. He's just not in line with the principles and traditional values of United IMO, which always made him a poor fit for the club.

Unread 26-05-2022, 12:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I actually like Mourinho as a footballing man.

Unread 26-05-2022, 01:04 PM
puressence

LIVING IN A HOTEL FFS FOR NEARLY 3 YEARS

Unread 26-05-2022, 04:12 PM
saffers

Dybala on his way to join Mou Mous young romans on a free.

He could build something crazy there.

Unread 26-05-2022, 05:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Dybala on his way to join Mou Mous young romans on a free.

He could build something crazy there.
the new wimbledon? mmmk.

Unread 26-05-2022, 05:35 PM
utd99

Narcissistic, petty #@&%!…but I would back him every day of the week over Pogba, Shaw and £#%&!ing Martial. He probably expected Guardiola level backing and didn’t get it, not in terms of who to bring in but who to ditch. Hard to argue he was wrong when we probably could have gotten 150m for those players alone. Anyone sniff at that now?

Unread 26-05-2022, 06:11 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Narcissistic, petty #@&%!…but I would back him every day of the week over Pogba, Shaw and £#%&!ing Martial. He probably expected Guardiola level backing and didn’t get it, not in terms of who to bring in but who to ditch. Hard to argue he was wrong when we probably could have gotten 150m for those players alone. Anyone sniff at that now?
Mourinho lumbered us with Pogba, Lukaku, Fred, Lindelof, Sanchez, Baily, Matic, Mkhitaryan, & Dalot. He set us back years with that collection of shite, he didn't deserve a penny more.

If the figures are right here, he spent over £400m https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jose...tion_id=134947

Unread 26-05-2022, 06:38 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Mourinho lumbered us with Pogba, Lukaku, Fred, Lindelof, Sanchez, Baily, Matic, Mkhitaryan, & Dalot. He set us back years with that collection of shite, he didn't deserve a penny more.

If the figures are right here, he spent over £400m https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jose...tion_id=134947
I’m not having Lindelof, Pogba, Sanchez or Mkhitaryan (my phone auto correct this to ‘Ankh it’s Ryan’) as Mourinho signings. Obviously can’t be sure but Pogba and Sanchez in particular reek of Woodward, and Lindelof and Mkhitaryan are the exact kind of players he’s actively seemed to despise throughout his entire career.

No idea on the others and agreed they’re a pile of shit, but a common theme since Ferguson left has been Woodward and co. Interfering in transfer matters.

Unread 26-05-2022, 06:56 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman

here we go,

he lumbered us with those players in your words but also wanted to ditch a few of them when he realised it wasn’t working out with them.

he also gave us two trophies in exchange...

if you even want to point the finger at a manager setting us back years you know what manager (if you can even call that smiling clown manager)
He wasted three years and fuelled this arrogant culture amongst the by indulging them and telling underperforming players they are great.
high fiving players getting off, laughing with players after we’ve just conceded a late equaliser...
the current mess here is mostly down to him.

Unread 26-05-2022, 07:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
here we go,

he lumbered us with those players in your words but also wanted to ditch a few of them when he realised it wasn’t working out with them.

if you even want to point the finger at a manager setting us back years you know what manager (if you can even call that smiling clown manager)
He wasted three years and fuelled this arrogant culture amongst the by indulging them and telling underperforming players they are great.
high fiving players getting off, laughing with players after we’ve just conceded a late equaliser...
I will never believe that Fred, Dalot and Lindelof were ever Mourinho 'first choice' signings. No way. they are all about as far away from Mourinho players as you can get.

We had a shortlist for centre backs that included Virgil Van Dijk. We went with Lindelof because he was cheaper.

I don't think he particularly wanted Sanchez either - that was more Woodward vanity signings.

Unread 26-05-2022, 07:05 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
here we go,

Ole's long winning streak as interim, and the victory against PSG in the Champions League, are some of the high points of the post-Fergie era.

You wouldn't understand as you're not a proper Red, so don't truly 'get' the true culture and identity of United.

You're an Essex JCL who grabbed onto the coattails of the club during it's late 90s/early 2000s ascendency, so no wonder you think winning tinpot trophies like the Carling Cup whilst playing shit-on-a-stick football is something to admire.

You have no appreciation of the true meaning of United. You're not alone, btw, there's literally millions of your ilk nowadays, all over places like Twitter, festering away across the clubs global 'fanbase'.

Unread 26-05-2022, 08:15 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Ole's long winning streak as interim, and the victory against PSG in the Champions League, are some of the high points of the post-Fergie era.
It gave us 3 years of pain, more like one of the low points.

Anyone with a brain wasnt fooled by a new manager bounce. That run was due to a team coached by Mourinho.

As soon as Ole did his work at the training ground.... well, you know the rest.

Unread 26-05-2022, 08:23 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
It gave us 3 years of pain, more like one of the low points.

Anyone with a brain wasnt fooled by a new manager bounce. That run was due to a team coached by Mourinho.

As soon as Ole did his work at the training ground.... well, you know the rest.
Ah, so the brilliant run we went on, winning game after game, and securing one of the best champions League knockout round results in recent memory, was all because of the manager we sacked who struggled to get a tune out of the squad Ole turned around? Gotcha.

Also, given that you were so adamant that all our problems were down to piss-poor training ground coaching under Ole, how did things go under 'Der Gaffer' with his silly countdown clock and gegenpress balls?

You're a £#%&!ing tool. Instead of booking that plane to Rome, you should get a transfer to Manchester and I'll introduce your face to the pavement via the connecting flight of my fist.

Unread 26-05-2022, 08:24 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Ah, so the brilliant run we went on, winning game after game, and securing one of the best champions League knockout round results in recent memory, was all because of the manager we sacked who struggled to get a tune out of the squad Ole turned around? Gotcha.

Also, given that you were so adamant that all our problems were down to piss-poor training ground coaching under Ole, how did things go under 'Der Gaffer' with his silly countdown clock and gegenpress balls?

You're a £#%&!ing tool. Instead of booking that plane to Rome, you should get a transfer to Manchester and I'll introduce your face to the pavement via the connecting flight of my fist.

Unread 26-05-2022, 08:26 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Ffs
Closed Thread