United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2020, 12:15 AM
Fat Al

I hope the £#%&!ing bedwetters who were calling for Ole to be sacked in January are hanging their heads in shame.

Shithouses to a man.

Unread 05-07-2020, 12:20 AM
MagnificentSeven

seen a lot of people saying united are playing our best football in about a decade right now. how do people think the football we're playing at the moment stands up against that period during the spring of van gaal's first season, or the start of 2017/18? we played brilliant stuff but both times it all fizzled out.

Unread 05-07-2020, 12:23 AM
tatty

Still reckon he will be sacked at the end of next season to be replaced by a big name.

Even if he does he'll be leaving the club in a vastly better state than he found it.

Unread 05-07-2020, 12:48 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
seen a lot of people saying united are playing our best football in about a decade right now. how do people think the football we're playing at the moment stands up against that period during the spring of van gaal's first season, or the start of 2017/18? we played brilliant stuff but both times it all fizzled out.
Aye, those were blips where we accidently played some decent stuff.

This is miles ahead, a lot of us could see this coming. Ole has been clear for the past 12 months what hes looking to do, and now its happening he's going to make A LOT of utter £#%&!wits look like no nothing @#%&!s they are. But tbf they'll never admit it, probably just move onto memeing the next manager with a shite team.

Unread 05-07-2020, 12:59 AM
20LEgend1999

Still absolutely love this moment

Unread 05-07-2020, 01:05 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
What I do think though is that Fergie’s huge influence on Ole is worth shouting about. Everything that I admire about this team has Fergie’s imprint on it. Not van gaal, not Mou - just pure Ferguson. 100% united. That’s the reason why it’s exciting.
Eh? The same Ferguson that never used a continental number 10 in nearly 30 years as United manager?

Ole is building his own side, with Bruno Fernandes at the heart of it. Nothing to do with Ferguson.

Unread 05-07-2020, 01:22 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Eh? The same Ferguson that never used a continental number 10 in nearly 30 years as United manager?

Ole is building his own side, with Bruno Fernandes at the heart of it. Nothing to do with Ferguson.
Even less to do with LVG.

Unread 05-07-2020, 04:13 AM
armchair

LVG couldn't have a player like bruno in the side.

Unread 05-07-2020, 07:09 AM
Mr_Ed

Will always remember LVG %@#$&!ed Herrera for scoring against Everton. Not that he scored but because he hit the ball first time rather than controlling it first... or vice versa.

Unread 05-07-2020, 08:34 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
This is loads better imo

Van Gaal’s purple patch was mainly based around hitting long balls up to fellaini and although it worked (short term) it wasn’t really a long term solution

The start of 17/18 felt odd as a few of the games were very close until we’d score a couple of late goals but without really dominating teams.

Still a lot of work to do but things are very promising at the moment and for the first time in a very long time it looks as though we have a plan on how we want to get to where we want to be.

I’m still unconvinced by Woodward and the board and think they could pull the rug from under Ole at any moment.

Unread 05-07-2020, 10:01 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I hope the £#%&!ing bedwetters who were calling for Ole to be sacked in January are hanging their heads in shame.

Shithouses to a man.
Yup. Got it wrong. Can admit that.

He's doing a fine job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Still absolutely love this moment
He £#%&!ing hates Jesse and delighted he is getting him out of the club. (it was aimed at him iirc?)

Unread 05-07-2020, 10:30 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Yeah signings like Cantona and Vernon really exposed Fergie’s aversion to European and South American playmakers.

This is the closest we’ve been to a Fergie style team imo. Devastatingly fast on the break, not retaining possession for the sake of it, less emphasis on the wings (given the personnel we have) and two scholes playmakers in the middle.

Unread 05-07-2020, 10:32 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Yeah signings like Cantona and Vernon really exposed Fergie’s aversion to European and South American playmakers.

This is the closest we’ve been to a Fergie style team imo. Devastatingly fast on the break, not retaining possession for the sake of it, less emphasis on the wings (given the personnel we have) and two scholes playmakers in the middle.
especially with the stupid passing around the edge of our own box.

Unread 05-07-2020, 10:44 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
especially with the stupid passing around the edge of our own box.
Indeed. Keeping it exciting at the back etc

Unread 05-07-2020, 10:56 AM
Ethers

Obviously I was and still am a fan of Louis, but the football we’re playing now is absolutely nothing like what we played under him ffs

You can give LVG credit for Rashford for sure, but putting faith in youth players was hardly something new he brought to the club, it’s our tradition. He probably went a bit too far in that respect if anything, didn’t he play some of the ball boys in a couple of games? Fergie always got the right blend of youth and experience, and it looks like Ole is doing the same

Unread 05-07-2020, 11:04 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Obviously I was and still am a fan of Louis, but the football we’re playing now is absolutely nothing like what we played under him ffs

You can give LVG credit for Rashford for sure, but putting faith in youth players was hardly something new he brought to the club, it’s our tradition. He probably went a bit too far in that respect if anything, didn’t he play some of the ball boys in a couple of games? Fergie always got the right blend of youth and experience, and it looks like Ole is doing the same
Precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Yup. Got it wrong. Can admit that.
?)
Big of you that pal.

I guess ‘Got it wrong’ doesn’t quite cover it though. You got it wrong week after week month after month squeezing a tidal wave of snide shit against the manager at every possible opportunity- greedily feeding off poor performances and weaknesses. Japanese water torture with no let up.

But yeah, you ‘got it wrong’.

Unread 05-07-2020, 11:37 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
LVG couldn't have a player like bruno in the side.
Rivaldo & Figo like this.

Unread 05-07-2020, 12:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al

Shithouses to a man.
Why don't people on here just calm down ffs?

First time we've won 3 games in a row since december 2018 and the £#%&!ing pitchforks are out.

Jesus christ.

Unread 05-07-2020, 12:13 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Why don't people on here just calm down ffs?

First time we've won 3 games in a row since december 2018 and the £#%&!ing pitchforks are out.

Jesus christ.
Are you actually serious?

Unread 05-07-2020, 12:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Are you actually serious?
yeah, I am.

If we were zooming clear at the top and winning things i could understand the "How dare you all have doubted him" holier than thou witch hunt but £#%&!ing hell man, after beating Brighton and Bournemouth?

Lets just enjoy the results and not be looking for enemies all the £#%&!ing time.
Closed Thread