United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:11 PM
no fun

Default When the dust settles.....will you really be able to give up going to United?

Canít do polls Iím afraid, but been thinking.......is this now the final straw?

Iím leaning towards ďbeen to my last gameĒ but think I will waver when it comes to the crunch

Anyone deffo calling it a day?

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:14 PM
Jethro

No. It's a 38 year long relationship with the highest of highs and the weirdest of lows. I'd end up stalking results and news like some spurned lover.

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:15 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
No. It's a 38 year long relationship with the highest of highs and the weirdest of lows. I'd end up stalking results and news like some spurned lover.
Oh for sure I would still watch on telly....talking about attending games

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:16 PM
tatty

I can't get too worked up about what is happening, it's a sad but inevitable outcome of post-1992 football.

As for watching United i've been on a gradual decline of interest from around 1999...prior to that I was obsessed.

If i've watched 5 full games over the last 3 seasons i'd be surprised.

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:16 PM
92ToBury

I called it a day as a ST holder when the gimps arrived. I still go occasionally and probably won't change that. Don't want to line their pockets any more than necessary but wouldn't want to never go again.

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Will never set foot inside again if it's a super League ...will attend any protests ..

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:21 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
Oh for sure I would still watch on telly....talking about attending games
Oh yeah. f*** that. I don't now

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:21 PM
Patty_b

Will probably keep an eye on results, couldn't take it seriously or get remotely excited about it though.

Probably just got watch Chorley instead.

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:22 PM
jem

if everyone had agreed not to go before the c***s took over, there would have been no takeover.

firstly, there is no way the stadium will be empty, because people are stupid, short-sighted, selfish c***s... and even this won't shake them.

secondly, the core audience is not match-going fans. they couldn't give a f*** about you.

if it wasn't bad enough that the whole idea stinks, it will also be shit for united, because there is no way the c***s are investing "more".

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:23 PM
dunk

Things change, itís the only constant in life, football had to/has to change at some point, going to be difficult to give up United..

That said, itís been getting boring anyway, this and the CL proposals just look like increasing the boredom and over saturating it anyway. Itís been f***ing brutal trying to keep up with Covid football as it is we donít need more ffs.

If they went the way of other sports in properly increasing rules to make it competitive and interesting Iíd be all over it, not this though.