United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 24-01-2023, 10:12 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74 View Post
new pair of terrex walkers. 3 miles up and down blackpool prom every day. still not got much interest in booze and my sleep is the best i've ever known. just need to lower cholesterol and all is good.
Porridge, pistachios and apples will sort that, along with benecol every morning.

Unread 24-01-2023, 11:09 PM
Weekend Hussler

Into my third week of a 12 week effort I've set myself.

Gym 4 days a week. Currently doing the Prep program from Ganbaru Method

5km walk on the 5th day.

Semi doing intermittitent fasting. Not eating between 8pm and 12pm.

Cut out all the shit in my diet, mainly just meat and veg and salads.

Off the booze too.

Lost 5kg's so far.

Biggest thing I need to do is get my steps in. Targetting 10,000 a day, but struggle during the week with work.

Keep it up fellas.

Unread 24-01-2023, 11:31 PM
pc6090

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I'm sharing the tiredness thing. Feel fatigued a lot. Eating fine, no alcohol, decent exercise (walking/hiking, yoga/pilates and weights) but getting dead tired and sleepy. Feeling a bit of breathlessness too but I've been to the doctors and I'm 'fine'.

Doctor talked about Long Covid stuff but I dunno
That sounds exactly like my long Covid experience. Had so many tests (heart/lung stuff best one was the nuclear scans)

Started trying to regain some fitness not just from long Covid but from 25 years of alcohol abuse. Itís what I affectionately call a spastic gym as itís all power assisted and designed for people with no fitness whatsoever. (Unbelievably itís only 7/8 years ago I was capable of cycling 70 miles a day)

Sleeping still sporadic as sometimes Iíll get 2/3 hours a night but sometimes Iíll be so exhausted Iíll get 11/12 hours.

Fortunately work is not bothered I never go in the office or that I probably only do about 3 or 4 hours a day, they are glad to have me back after 5 months off sick

Unread 25-01-2023, 09:30 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
No caffeine after 12
No screens hour before bed. Try and read or listen to music
Drink plenty of water
Try to eat more green veg and pulses
Vit D, iron, omega 3 and calcium

The big one is booze. That can really mess up sleep and wipe you out next day sadly. If I have a drink it's usually straight after work, or not too late at weekends
forgot about that tbf. EPH and DHA

booze is an obvious one. my motiviation is ruined for at least a day if i've been on a night out.

few and far betwee these days and can see me kicking it in the head altogether at some point. the younger generation seem a lot less arsed about alcohol, interestingly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090
Itís what I affectionately call a spastic gym as itís all power assisted and designed for people with no fitness whatsoever.

Unread 25-01-2023, 10:01 AM
MUFC One Love

Booze is the big one for me. I'm going to stop drinking in the house and just save it for when I go to the match, or sometimes away games on tele. I'm going to get some non alcoholic beers in for if I fancy one Friday night or Saturday etc. Didn't really drink for a couple of weeks when I was ill and apart from my chest I felt far better mentally.

That alone would knock weight off me. Need to get back running regularly. It's so important for my head as much as my body. I've struggled with a cough/chest though and it's only just gone the last week properly. Ran Saturday and plan on getting back to it regularly by end of this week. The cold dark mornings don't help, I don't fancy it when I wake up.

Also, I've got to start eating fruit, veg and salad regularly.

Finding it harder to get into a routine these days, probably due to working, home life etc but I've got to do it.

Unread 25-01-2023, 10:17 AM
Seamus

my weight has been creeping back up. I am still doing the gym 4 days a week but I hardly do any cardio. Trying to incorporate a couple of cardio sessions. Its my diet, I just dont seem to have any willpower these days, I start the day well then around dinnertime I am out eating like a horse

Unread 25-01-2023, 10:51 AM
Jethro

I think the biggest issue is simply January. I feel genuinely miserable. Brain fog in work is unreal. Just had my wrist slapped for the first time since being with the company because I am like a space cadet.

Back to Yoga and hopefully get a small session at the gym before the end of the week. I am sure the endorphins will be popping come Feb.

Unread 25-01-2023, 10:58 AM
dunk

Some semblance of natural light at 5pm last evening, hopefully thatís winterís back broken

Unread 25-01-2023, 11:02 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Porridge, pistachios and apples will sort that, along with benecol every morning.
been using the Aldi equivalent. they are called `cholesterol`.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love View Post
Booze is the big one for me. I'm going to stop drinking in the house and just save it for when I go to the match, or sometimes away games on tele. I'm going to get some non alcoholic beers in for if I fancy one Friday night or Saturday etc. Didn't really drink for a couple of weeks when I was ill and apart from my chest I felt far better mentally.
The corona and peroni ones are great. i'm not sure if dare try the Guinness one.

Unread 25-01-2023, 12:01 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
been using the Aldi equivalent. they are called `cholesterol`.

The corona and peroni ones are great. i'm not sure if dare try the Guinness one.
The Guinness one is really nice.

Routine is important for me. A few weeks back exercising consistently and I will feel good again

Unread 25-01-2023, 03:20 PM
puressence

Keep running and walking Ö pretty much weight maintaining at 13.6 / 13.10. Would absolutely love to get in the 12s one day

Unread 25-01-2023, 05:24 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love View Post

That alone would knock weight off me. Need to get back running regularly. It's so important for my head as much as my body. I've struggled with a cough/chest though and it's only just gone the last week properly. Ran Saturday and plan on getting back to it regularly by end of this week. The cold dark mornings don't help, I don't fancy it when I wake up.

Also, I've got to start eating fruit, veg and salad regularly.

Finding it harder to get into a routine these days, probably due to working, home life etc but I've got to do it.
The Heineken alcohol free and erdinger are about the best alcohol free beers. The Guinness is nice too, but only the first one.

Good way to cut down on the alcohol, but still get a half decent pint, is to buy a four pack of 330ml alcohol free, and one of the 660ml ordinary lagers (superb on is nicest for this as it has a bit of taste. Pour a bottle of the alcohol free beer into a pint glass, top up with the superbock, and you get a decent enough pint thatís low alcohol.

Unread 25-01-2023, 06:40 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
I think the biggest issue is simply January. I feel genuinely miserable. Brain fog in work is unreal. Just had my wrist slapped for the first time since being with the company because I am like a space cadet.

Back to Yoga and hopefully get a small session at the gym before the end of the week. I am sure the endorphins will be popping come Feb.
winter sucks. cold, dark, wet and miserable. everything feels like a struggle

Unread Yesterday, 02:14 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence View Post
Keep running and walking Ö pretty much weight maintaining at 13.6 / 13.10. Would absolutely love to get in the 12s one day
12 stone wouldnt suit you. You would look like Tom Hanks when he came home in Big