United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
View Poll Results: clearing out old stuff...
im brutal, if its not been used recently its going. no sentimental attachment to anything 7 28.00%
im a hoarder. anything not of use now will have a use or come back in fashion... 5 20.00%
good when forced into it e.g house/location moves 4 16.00%
have phases of active decluttering. possible biploar 5 20.00%
overdid the options 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 24-01-2023, 06:26 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II View Post
Hate throwing stuff away but did get rid of all DVD and CD covers recently, freeing up several drawers. Every disc I wanted to keep fitted into this case:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks fine sitting under the TV. Highly recommend.
Where do you put the cases...

Unread 24-01-2023, 06:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
landfill shame.

Unread 24-01-2023, 06:32 PM
Chris Quayd

Keep all football memorabilia going back to early 90ís, also keep all books as they are a history of what youíve learnt. Clothes Iím happy to bin off as itís a good excuse to buy new ones. Utterly ruthless with stuff in the house or if it belongs to Mrs/son.

Recently dropped off three big boxes of toys from the garage including stuff my four year old still plays with, partly because heís really been pissing me off recently and partly because there was just so much of it. Seemingly not an event (doctors, dentist, other kids bdays etc) where he doesnít accumulate some cheap tat.

Unread 24-01-2023, 06:58 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
I think If you are brutal then you are prepared for death
It's not really something you need to be prepared for.

Unread 24-01-2023, 07:20 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
"Good quality, well designed".

Crocs are both tbf. Recycle if you're not keeping them though.

There could be loads of reasons. Doesn't mean that you won't wear them in five years from now.
Exhibit A

Unread 24-01-2023, 07:21 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
It's not really something you need to be prepared for.
Exactly. Who needs clean pants that day?

Unread 24-01-2023, 08:21 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:

I just let them go with the hope that they'd find others of their own kind.

Unread 24-01-2023, 08:24 PM
dunk

Iíd bin everything, missus is a hoarder

Unread 24-01-2023, 08:31 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post

Used to hoard everything thinking that'll come in handy one day but since the lockdown clear outs anything of no use is gone.

Unread 24-01-2023, 09:12 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
ffs, clothes, tons of empty boxes, electronics, paint tins, dvd's, clothes, magazines, tiles, have a skip full of shite in the garage. Out of view there is a full flat pack kitchen I bought in 2017 for four grand. Its probably been eaten by the spiders by now. Loads of crap belongs to family members too. Haven't put my car in it for over three years...

Depresses the f*** out of me tbh. I'd chuck a match to it if it were an outside garage and claim the insurance.
The Irish Pickers would have a field day in there.

Any records?

Unread 24-01-2023, 09:27 PM
Danoli

Itís important to keep your belongings neat and tidy, and regularly throw out stuff you donít need as you run the risk of losing or misplacing the things that are really important to you or others if you donít

Unread 25-01-2023, 11:04 AM
Chorlton74

i can't be arsed doing a car boot, but at the same time i can't be arsed hand over 12.8% to ebay on anything i make.

whoever wins that Mr Blobby suit on ebay, which currently stands at 61k, is going to tip up about 8 grand in fees.

Unread 25-01-2023, 01:08 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74 View Post
i can't be arsed doing a car boot, but at the same time i can't be arsed hand over 12.8% to ebay on anything i make.

whoever wins that Mr Blobby suit on ebay, which currently stands at 61k, is going to tip up about 8 grand in fees.
Does eBay take that much?! I put a PS5 and gaming laptop on there a few days ago, I had no idea.

Unread 25-01-2023, 03:07 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Does eBay take that much?! I put a PS5 and gaming laptop on there a few days ago, I had no idea.
i'd sold about £260's worth of stuff last week. so before i've even forked out for postage costs etc, ebay deposited £217 into my account, so it feels like what i've sold, some of it, i may as well have given it away. going to give this Vinted malarkey a pop instead now.