United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 02:12 PM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default Hectic match schedule

Haven’t been arsed to check if it’s legit but doing the rounds on Twitter

“ 8 games in the last 27 days Upcoming 10 games in 32 days. 18 games in 59 days”

That’s crazy if true. Add in the word cup too. I understand if you want to win everything you play more games etc however I’m sure we are probably the only team who is having something like this.

That dodgy penalty given against us really has screwed us. Not finishing top in europa and we could have had a little break. The queens death moving the palace game too.

For a team that has next to no depth , I think it highlights what a good job ETH has been doing getting the most out of rubbish players.

3/4 strength against forest first leg, play the kids vs reading and full strength second leg against forest. He’s going to have to be a bit more shrewd in his selections.

Mctominay, Fred, slab, malacia , martial , Antony all need to get their shit together and start to help the first team.

Maybe we get another loan signing before the window shuts though I won’t hold my breath.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 03:18 PM
Switching Off
 
Default

Love it though. United every few days
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 03:23 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
Add in the word cup too.
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325741
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 03:45 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

A lot will depend on how the games pan out. This is why we need to start being more clinical. That Palace game could have been dead and done after an hour. Instead, we’re chasing a winner in the 94th and we lose Casemiro.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 04:11 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

If only there were a transfer window open so we could address some of the glaring weaknesses in our squad.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 04:25 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If only there were a transfer window open so we could address some of the glaring weaknesses in our squad.
If only there were money, or debt, available with which to strengthen the squad in said window.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 04:34 PM
Baron
 
Default

For a team with next to no depth....

Checks bench vs Arsenal:

Lindelof - £30m
Slab - £80m
Malacia - £15m
Fred - £50m
Pellestri - £10m

Add the youth players which we always have in the match squad alongside those who were not in the squad:

Sancho - £70m
Martial - £38m & rising
Dalot - £20m

Poor little Man Utd, we're so hard done by... f*** sake lads, the absolute waste that has gone on here & the shite we have at the club we have zero blame to apportion anywhere but at ourselves. There are about 2 or 3 squads across the whole of the f***ing planet that cost more than ours to assemble.

Maybe we should be a bit less shit yeah?
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 04:37 PM
Gordon Hill
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
If only there were money, or debt, available with which to strengthen the squad in said window.
If only the club thought twice before sending players out on loan, right left & centre as they are the type of players that, ETH could have called upon tonight, in-order to give some of the 1st team squard a chance to have a bit of a rest!
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 04:47 PM
Ethers
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
For a team with next to no depth....

Checks bench vs Arsenal:

Lindelof - £30m
Slab - £80m
Malacia - £15m
Fred - £50m
Pellestri - £10m

Add the youth players which we always have in the match squad alongside those who were not in the squad:

Sancho - £70m
Martial - £38m & rising
Dalot - £20m

Poor little Man Utd, we're so hard done by... f*** sake lads, the absolute waste that has gone on here & the shite we have at the club we have zero blame to apportion anywhere but at ourselves. There are about 2 or 3 squads across the whole of the f***ing planet that cost more than ours to assemble.

Maybe we should be a bit less shit yeah?
Exactly.

As ever, spending more money will be the only solution though.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:01 PM
redhegemony
 
Default

 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:06 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If only there were money, or debt, available with which to strengthen the squad in said window.
I know pal. I’m being facetious
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:14 PM
believe
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
For a team with next to no depth....

Checks bench vs Arsenal:

Lindelof - £30m
Slab - £80m
Malacia - £15m
Fred - £50m
Pellestri - £10m

Add the youth players which we always have in the match squad alongside those who were not in the squad:

Sancho - £70m
Martial - £38m & rising
Dalot - £20m

Poor little Man Utd, we're so hard done by... f*** sake lads, the absolute waste that has gone on here & the shite we have at the club we have zero blame to apportion anywhere but at ourselves. There are about 2 or 3 squads across the whole of the f***ing planet that cost more than ours to assemble.

Maybe we should be a bit less shit yeah?


Having to play a midweek game too!!! f***ing queen!!
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 07:10 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
For a team with next to no depth....

Checks bench vs Arsenal:

Lindelof - £30m
Slab - £80m
Malacia - £15m
Fred - £50m
Pellestri - £10m

Add the youth players which we always have in the match squad alongside those who were not in the squad:

Sancho - £70m
Martial - £38m & rising
Dalot - £20m

Poor little Man Utd, we're so hard done by... f*** sake lads, the absolute waste that has gone on here & the shite we have at the club we have zero blame to apportion anywhere but at ourselves. There are about 2 or 3 squads across the whole of the f***ing planet that cost more than ours to assemble.

Maybe we should be a bit less shit yeah?
Absolutely. Just put them in the team, they must be good…
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 07:17 PM
Chris Quayd
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
Absolutely. Just put them in the team, they must be good…
By that rational why would new signings be good enough?
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 07:30 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
By that rational why would new signings be good enough?
Well, here we find ourselves at an impasse. We may as well just shut up shop and give up

Those listed have almost all proven themselves incapable, or were never capable and should never have been signed in the first place, does that mean we should never sign another player or try to improve? Once a player arrives are we duty bound to put up with them until their contracts expire?

How many times doesn’t Lindelof have to shit out, Fred give the ball away or Maguire just Maguire on the pitch in a red shirt before we accept they shouldn’t ever play again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post


Having to play a midweek game too!!! f***ing queen!!
I know, the b****.

And 2 games against Leeds in 4 days imminently.

On Maguire, f***ing state..


Have that at head height
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 07:35 PM
Chris Quayd
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
Well, here we find ourselves at an impasse. We may as well just shut up shop and give up
You said we should spend more money, it's been pointed out that we have spent huge sums so the solution may not be to just spend more. It's nice to have a manager for once who can actually improve the players he has as well as getting them playing to their full potential. Maybe the likes of Sancho will bring more to the table after being coached than they did previously
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 07:48 PM
dunk
 
Default

Well the solution isn’t don’t spend more money

Sancho, Malacia, Dalot, Martial are all options when available, 3 of them weren’t. Fred, Maguire and Lindelof are options that have proven themselves to not be good enough.

Everyone acknowledges we’ve spent poorly. Different people are in charge now, they deserve the chance to sort the playing staff out, not to be expected to continue smashing their heads against the same brick walls of ‘Maguire cost £80m’ ‘Martial will be back soon’ ‘Fred plays for Brazil’ etc.

Oh, and McTominay was free and is utter shit.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 08:31 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
Well the solution isn’t don’t spend more money

Sancho, Malacia, Dalot, Martial are all options when available, 3 of them weren’t. Fred, Maguire and Lindelof are options that have proven themselves to not be good enough.

Everyone acknowledges we’ve spent poorly. Different people are in charge now, they deserve the chance to sort the playing staff out, not to be expected to continue smashing their heads against the same brick walls of ‘Maguire cost £80m’ ‘Martial will be back soon’ ‘Fred plays for Brazil’ etc.

Oh, and McTominay was free and is utter shit.
This.

So much is made of how much we spend, but it’s hardly one person spending it. It’s often corrective spending to sort the last bad signings or sign someone who fits the new boss’s profile

Keane was banging on on Sunday about how much shit is in the side despite all we’ve spent. Yes, Roy. We know. The players pointed out are not ETH signings, nor will they be part of what he’s doing in 12 to 18 months time.

We still need 4-6 new players. That’s just how it is.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Hectic match schedule
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manchester United face hectic remaining January schedule as next six fixtures confirmed fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 12-01-2023 09:20 AM
When are Europa League playoffs? Match dates and schedule for Manchester United fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 08-11-2022 10:40 AM
'It's ridiculous': Newcastle boss Steve Bruce blasts hectic Premier League festive schedule fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 27-12-2019 10:40 PM
Watford boss Quique Sanchez Flores looking to take advantage of Manchester United's hectic schedule fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 28-02-2016 03:00 PM
Wayne Rooney blasts hectic festive Premier League schedule, claiming it will 'take a bad injury' bef fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 29-12-2014 10:40 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:03 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.