United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 24-01-2023, 07:22 AM
BarryX

The Brexit loving press and politicians have been great at trying to keep a continued and rational national debate about the clusterf*** that has been leaving off the table. Joe Public don't want to be seen as Bremainiacs and Bremoaners. And what's all this seven years bullshit? We've only been out of the custom's union and single market for the last couple of years...

Unread 24-01-2023, 08:13 AM
redhegemony

f***ed up the health service and social care through lack of staff. Impacted on food production, cost jobs, made exporting more difficult, made the country less tolerant and more bigoted, reduced student numbers from Europe, made it harder to do joint research, and generally made us look like a bunch of imbeciles.

Feel like I’m in control though.

Unread 24-01-2023, 08:36 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
Sorry for barging in but I'll give you 3 examples

1) When I was the victim of my botched operation, I needed somewhere to recover. If but for Brexit I could have gone to my small apartment in Germany - my life's bolthole. I could have recovered and lived there. Thanks to Brexit - nope. The hoops to now jump through made it too difficult. Previously - I could have just turned up and took it from there.

2) the main NHS neurosurgeon here in Aberdeenshire left and returned to Spain. They've not replaced him yet. According to a friend, guess what pushed him....

3) Missed out on applying for a perfect job for me in Geneva again....EU applicants only....
have you had a back operation lad . You should have said

Unread 24-01-2023, 08:50 AM
programmes?

Can we get straighter bananas now? EU ones were too bendy for my liking.

Brexit benefits are indefinable. I've not seen one yet.

Brexit problems are there for all to see. To argue that they are caused by something else is pathetic.

Unread 24-01-2023, 10:51 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence View Post
have you had a back operation lad . You should have said

Don’t like to mention it much ….

Unread 24-01-2023, 04:49 PM
redhegemony

As stupid as it gets - trains with empty seats and passengers who want to travel.

Quote:
Peak time Eurostar trains are daily forced to run across the Channel with hundreds of empty seats because border police cannot process passports quick enough.

About 350 out of 900 seats are normally left unsold on the first services between London, Paris and Brussels despite “huge demand” for the greenest form of international travel, Eurostar bosses said.

British passports have to be stamped separately, even for travellers who can go through electronic gates, since Brexit. Passengers are now told to arrive up to 90 minutes before some departures but bottlenecks at stations still mean that they cannot all be processed in time, said the chief executive, Gwendoline Cazenave
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...paris-brussels

Unread 24-01-2023, 04:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Have they tried staffing their workforce to pre-pandemic

Quote:
. She said the Covid pandemic, when international travel was largely ruled out, had “reduced drastically the number of border police staff in Paris Nord and St Pancras”
Same with the Manchester airport summer fiasco....

All your staff f***ed off for free money during the WFH free for all...

Unread 24-01-2023, 04:56 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

workers shortages due to um Brexit....

Unread 24-01-2023, 05:05 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

You didn't get free money if you worked from home

Unread 24-01-2023, 05:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
workers shortages due to um Brexit....
That's not what the quote says ?

Unread 24-01-2023, 05:18 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
That's not what the quote says ?