United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That and there appearing to be absolutely no alternative to him in the squad

Harsh to limit The Scottish Player to the Matic role, as I don't think it suits him.
Fred & The Scottish Player next to each other, Pogba ahead, Rashford, Martial & James / Alexis & hopefully eventually Greenwood up top interchanging. Full backs bombing on, some composure in central defence with Maguire & Linders / Axel - it's not that shit.

Should have £#%&!ing bought Ndombele though, massive £#%&! up.

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Fred & The Scottish Player next to each other, Pogba ahead, Rashford, Martial & James / Alexis & hopefully eventually Greenwood up top interchanging. Full backs bombing on, some composure in central defence with Maguire & Linders / Axel - it's not that shit.

Should have £#%&!ing bought Ndombele though, massive £#%&! up.
Yep, absolutely fuming about that.

to the rest..

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:42 AM
Baron

Quote:
Yep, absolutely fuming about that.

to the rest..
Not sure why we didn't go for Rhodri regardless of the City link, or if we just wanted a pure defensive player to slot in Partey was heavily linked from Atleti... either way. Neglect, pure and simple of the most important part of the pitch. City have freed De Bruyne up now, Spurs have both Ndombele & Lo Celso to break the lines. Incredible quality across both squads, and we have...

Going to need some huge investment & to get them right first time to get anywhere soon. Not confident really.

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:47 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Not sure why we didn't go for Rhodri regardless of the City link, or if we just wanted a pure defensive player to slot in Partey was heavily linked from Atleti... either way. Neglect, pure and simple of the most important part of the pitch. City have freed De Bruyne up now, Spurs have both Ndombele & Lo Celso to break the lines. Incredible quality across both squads, and we have...

Going to need some huge investment & to get them right first time to get anywhere soon. Not confident really.
I think Rodri was the main summer objective for City dating back a while. They have this thing where they identify exactly what and who they want and make sure they get them without too much fuss or confusion. It's an interesting approach and I think it'll serve them well.

Absolutely no excuse for United not strengthening the midfield. Not like it's a hard midfield to improve.

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:53 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think Rodri was the main summer objective for City dating back a while. They have this thing where they identify exactly what and who they want and make sure they get them without too much fuss or confusion. It's an interesting approach and I think it'll serve them well.

Absolutely no excuse for United not strengthening the midfield. Not like it's a hard midfield to improve.
You could say we did the exact same thing with Wan-Bissaka and Maguire

Problem is we have so many holes to fill

I can understand why we didn't sign anyone up front as we have a lot of talented forwards however absolutely criminal we didn't sign a midfielder

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:56 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Rhodri

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:01 PM
dunk

I'm guessing the reason we weren't in for Rodri was the release clause having to be paid.

Similarly, wouldn't want to get into a bidding war for Ndombele.

Budget was spent on the 3 we got, let's be honest.

Maybe we could've got another one or two, but Ole is insistent the players we sign not be stopgaps or of lesser quality than he wants, so rather than bring in a Partey from Madrid or whoever for less money and be stuck with them, he's prepared to wait and have more money at his disposal and more time to identify who/what he wants.

That said, they'll all be even more expensive next summer

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:02 PM
puressence

Quote:
Good to hear, I missed all of it as I was travelling down the west coast - thanks again for the car big man
happy days you have a good time

be harder next year with 5 weeks of the euros aswell... doucoure at watford

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:04 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I'm guessing the reason we weren't in for Rodri was the release clause having to be paid.

Maybe we could've got another one or two, but Ole is insistent the players we sign not be stopgaps or of lesser quality than he wants, so rather than bring in a Partey from Madrid or whoever for less money and be stuck with them, he's prepared to wait and have more money at his disposal and more time to identify who/what he wants.

There's a very strong likelihood Longstaff will prove to be worth nowhere near Newcastle's ludicrous valuation and they'll see their arses when we don't come back with the same offer.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Cream

Quote:

Harsh to limit The Scottish Player to the Matic role, as I don't think it suits him.
I think if anything £#%&!s us this season, it will be this.

Whisper it: Fred did do a job there, kind of, last season, briefly.... just don't pass him the ball facing the goal.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:06 PM
AK14

Quote:

And if he doesn’t make top 4 he’ll most likely get the sack...

Like you said the budget was spent on the three players we brought in, all the talk of rather he waits for the right players is %@#$&!s IMO.

I think we might bid for Longstaff in January but then that’ll come out of next summers budget probably.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
There's a very strong likelihood Longstaff will prove to be worth nowhere near Newcastle's ludicrous valuation and they'll see their arses when we don't come back with the same offer.
Harsh on the lad, but I hope he does a Rodwell if we're not getting him

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:07 PM
AK14

Quote:

Same.

I much prefer him in a more advanced role.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
And if he doesn’t make top 4 he’ll most likely get the sack...

Like you said the budget was spent on the three players we brought in, all the talk of rather he waits for the right players is %@#$&!s IMO.

I think we might bid for Longstaff in January but then that’ll come out of next summers budget probably.
Nah, don't reckon so. If it's abject and there's no sign of progression, maybe, but I think there will be some slack on the league position thing.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Problem is we have so many holes to fill

I can understand why we didn't sign anyone up front as we have a lot of talented forwards however absolutely criminal we didn't sign a midfielder
We didn’t sign Maguire until a week before the window closed?

And by the sounds of it we payed what Leicester wanted at the start of the summer.

Quote:
Nah, don't reckon so. If it's abject and there's no sign of progression, maybe, but I think there will be some slack on the league position thing.
I hope not, we need to stick with a manager and let them build something.

Not so sure the board agree because if we lose out on the CL again don’t we lose a load of sponsorship money from Adidas?

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Please ensure your post is relevant to "Positivity Thread" before hitting the post button
Can't we have one thread.....FFS

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Neither were as much of a priority as midfield imo.

But even so, didn’t we arse about with Maguire last summer?

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I hope not, we need to stick with a manager and let them build something.

Not so sure the board agree because if we lose out on the CL again don’t we lose a load of sponsorship money from Adidas?
At this point we aren't a top 4 team/squad. They need to acknowledge and accept that, if they don't we'll never get back there.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:18 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Can't we have one thread.....FFS
Amazed it even got this far in tbh.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
At this point we aren't a top 4 team/squad. They need to acknowledge and accept that, if they don't we'll never get back there.
Agree.

But they probably won’t and we’ll be back to square £#%&!ing one this time next year, unless Ole gets us playing which I’m really hoping for

I’ve got faith in Ole but not so much of the people above him.
Closed Thread