hope the bus explodes.
Ahh how I miss Dream Team.

Unread 23-05-2011, 08:28 PM
denis lawless

Default Re: European Cup final build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

Who are you kidding 'Pep'.
Wesley Brown goes down to town but he aint 21.........

Unread 23-05-2011, 09:25 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Paul_Parker
are you still pissed

good to see setting a new record for amount of establishments chucked out of yesterday. miserable @#%&!s
Proper rough day today mate

I've rated my hangover on the 'rate your hangover thread'

Give it a read.

Unread 24-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Sloane

it's United's media day today, probably some unwanted giggs questions to fergie

Unread 24-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Stickman

Get back on the first page ffs.

Unread 24-05-2011, 09:41 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
hope the bus explodes.

Unread 24-05-2011, 09:42 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
it's United's media day today, probably some unwanted giggs questions to fergie
and a five match ban for Evra

Unread 24-05-2011, 09:53 AM
dunk

If you're at a loose end, plenty of CL Final build up on 5Live this week, 2 hours or so with different insights, guests and profiles every night this week.

Unread 24-05-2011, 10:28 AM
The Watcher

Guardiola and his players seem to be going out of their way to say nice things about United.

When will this week end ffs, feels like time has almost stopped.

Unread 24-05-2011, 10:32 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Guardiola and his players seem to be going out of their way to say nice things about United.

When will this week end ffs, feels like time has almost stopped.
That's what i'm worried about, come Saturday Alves, Busquets and Mascerano will be play acting throughtout the game & getting various players booked.

Going to be a long week.

Unread 24-05-2011, 10:37 AM
The Watcher

I don’t think it’ll be any ware near as bad as the recent classico’s, but It’ll certainly happen. tbh, I’m sure our players will be prepared for it. Most Premier League sides are almost as bad these days.

Unread 24-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Sloane

Sir Alex has been reflecting on 2009:

"When we lost the first goal, it was a lapse of concentration, that was what cost us. After that, they made it very difficult for us in central midfield. Concentration is important, both in attacking and defending. That will be key for us."

"My memory of 1968 was that I was disappointed Denis Law wasn't playing. I think everybody in the whole country, particularly in Scotland because of Matt's links, was rooting for them and I was one of them. It was a fantastic feat. He lost most of his team in '58. To rebuild the team and win it in '68 was incredible, plus most of them were home-produced players. It was a fabulous achievement and the whole country was behind them."

"I don't think there's any advantage playing at Wembley. We don't decide on these things, we have to rely on our players to perform. I think we're ready and we've prepared very well."

"We've played Barcelona three times and there's always a solution to every good player. We hope we can find a solution for Messi on Saturday. You have to recognise they have other good players and we have other good players. That's why it's such a thrilling game on Saturday. I'm sure Barcelona are aware of the threats we have."

speaking about the club's owners. "They've never made any problems for me. They've let me get on with my job and, as a manager, that's all you can ask for. I've got no issues at all with them."

got asked about giggs and said "All the players are important on Saturday," and went on to talk about it being about the squad

Unread 24-05-2011, 10:42 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I don’t think it’ll be any ware near as bad as the recent classico’s, but It’ll certainly happen. tbh, I’m sure our players will be prepared for it. Most Premier League sides are almost as bad these days.
It's a final, they'll be doing anything possible to gain an advatage.

Some of the playacting in Rome from the likes of Puyol was a disgrace, we need to make sure we dont get into a battle with them following decisions.

Stick to football, and we'll win it.

Unread 24-05-2011, 10:50 AM
The Watcher

It’s going to take a very special performance from United to win, that’s for sure. Probably the best of the season.

I’m not particularly confident, which is usually a good sign

Unread 24-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Zorg

That silly cow Victoria Derbyshire on fivelive getting her knickers in a twist about journalists not asking Fergie about Giggs.

Erm, maybe it's got £#%&! all to do with football?

Unread 24-05-2011, 11:05 AM
ralph

Get Talksport on mate for Keys and Gray

Unread 24-05-2011, 11:07 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs down Re: European Cup final build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That silly cow Victoria Derbyshire on fivelive getting her knickers in a twist about journalists not asking Fergie about Giggs.

Erm, maybe it's got £#%&! all to do with football?
women and football......its just wrong :shakehead:

Unread 24-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
It's a final, they'll be doing anything possible to gain an advatage.

Some of the playacting in Rome from the likes of Puyol was a disgrace, we need to make sure we dont get into a battle with them following decisions.

Stick to football, and we'll win it.
agreed.

Being that football is often about momentum - cup football especially - we can hope to play on that, not get drawn in, concentrate while their minds wander into cynicism and getting an edge where one doesn't exist.

I think Fergy will have a plan A and a plan B, based on stopping them and tearing them apart respectively. This will most likely £#%&! things up. I'd rather we put out a balanced side a la Chelsea at home and shock the world by outclassing them.

On the one hand I think we've got no chance, given that they made relatively light work of Real, and they destroyed us in 2009. On the other hand you think back to us beating them in the semis in 2008, and Inter doing for them last season.

It'll either be our night or not.

Unread 24-05-2011, 11:16 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
agreed.

Being that football is often about momentum - cup football especially - we can hope to play on that, not get drawn in, concentrate while their minds wander into cynicism and getting an edge where one doesn't exist.

I think Fergy will have a plan A and a plan B, based on stopping them and tearing them apart respectively. This will most likely £#%&! things up. I'd rather we put out a balanced side a la Chelsea at home and shock the world by outclassing them.

On the one hand I think we've got no chance, given that they made relatively light work of Real, and they destroyed us in 2009. On the other hand you think back to us beating them in the semis in 2008, and Inter doing for them last season.

It'll either be our night or not.

Unread 24-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Sloane

Barca are flying tonight. 4 nights in a hotel, disrupted plans, every little helps
Closed Thread