United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:30 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Default Re: European Cup final build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Quite the opposite tbh. The cries for any team to go out and attack Barcelona are a bit daft though, it'd be like committing hara-kiri

borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
think you're being a bit blase about it tbh. the chelsea and schalke games are right up there...

agree with the sentiment about doing it the united way and all that. if only 4-4-2 was still alive...
4-4-2 was resuscitated when we got a striker with pace and movement to play ahead of rooney, letting rooney drop deep to form, ooh, a midfield five. hth.
he's not going to like this toberbatovhonest

Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Well, obviously

I just think three in the middle gives us more attacking options, because starting with two strikers high up the pitch pretty much restricts everyone else in the side.

it's maybe not the daftest - or unlikeliest - idea though, which means hernandez being left out for sure. i agree with your concerns about rooney dropping too deep, of course.

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:31 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Well, obviously

I just think three in the middle gives us more attacking options, because starting with two strikers high up the pitch pretty much restricts everyone else in the side.
it'd be chico high up with rooney deeper.

rooney's 2 cl final performances so far have been underwhelming, if he plays well on saturday we've got a great chance of winning.

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:32 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: European Cup final build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
To stay in or go out. Or to go to London without a ticket.
That one, definitely.

Crumps

Quote:
Quite the opposite tbh. The cries for any team to go out and attack Barcelona are a bit daft though, it'd be like committing hara-kiri
%@#$&!s, attack this side and you make chances and if you can finish them putting them behind they'll shit out and start diving everywhere like the tarts they are.

£#%&! the tippy tappy shit. Fast counter attacking football and smash these @#%&!s.

Park/Carrick to do a job on Xavi depending on his position on the pitch too.

Ronnie > The Dwarf

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
4-4-2 was resuscitated when we got a striker with pace and movement to play ahead of rooney, letting rooney drop deep to form, ooh, a midfield five. hth.
he's not going to like this toberbatovhonest
what a crock of shit. rooney was in his preferred position last season. it didn't work. and by intelligentsial consensus 4-4-2 died out of football completely at SA2010, not just at United

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
%@#$&!s, attack this side and you make chances and if you can finish them putting them behind they'll shit out and start diving everywhere like the tarts they are.

£#%&! the tippy tappy shit. Fast counter attacking football and smash these @#%&!s.

Ronnie > The Dwarf
Which will begin from us letting them come on to us.

Oh, and Ronnie doesn't play for us anymore

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:34 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
I see your
and raise you

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:35 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: European Cup final build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
I see your
and raise you

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Crumps

Quote:

Well you don't let them but inevitably they will have the ball up our end of the pitch at some point at which out vastly superior defenders will win the ball thus launching the counter attack.

I know he doesn't just I personally don't think Messi is the best player in the world.

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs down Re: European Cup final build up

Quote:

What a shit thing to say

What about Herdandez against Chelsea. That is the kind of fast counter attacking we need to do.

Not waiting for them to £#%&! up a corner then punt it upfield ffs

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
What a shit thing to say

What about Herdandez against Chelsea. That is the kind of fast counter attacking we need to do.

Dunk's got tippy tappy fever.

Sad to see.

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Well you don't let them but inevitably they will have the ball up our end of the pitch at some point in which out vastly superior defenders will win the ball thus launching the counter attack.

I know he doesn't just I personally don't think Messi is the best player in the world.
I to and fro on the best player. I prefer Ronnie, the power of the man is amazing, but there is something truly mesmerising about Messi, and the way he fits into the team at Barca and plays for the good of the team, always, while Ronaldo can fall into the 'I must do it all' mindset that so used to infuriate at OT.

Messi is going down next to Pele, Best and Maradona, like it or not.

Ronaldo will be alongside Platini, Beckenbauer, fat Ronaldo, Cruyff and so on, which is the level below...

There's a fair chance that Messi will eventually be declared the best ever, he's certainly on course for it...

IMO, obviously.

I still prefer Ronnie though.

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
That one, definitely.
you sorted fella?

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:41 PM
wiganste

I've been a right mess at work this week. I just can't concentrate.

I need another shit.

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
What a shit thing to say

Yeah, cos that's what I mean £#%&!ing hell

Look at the goals at Arsenal by Rooney, Ronnie and Park, all started with our midfield, defence and forwards within 35 yards of our goal, then off we went and exploited the space behind.

That's what I'm referring too

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Crumps

Quote:
I to and fro on the best player. I prefer Ronnie, the power of the man is amazing, but there is something truly mesmerising about Messi, and the way he fits into the team at Barca and plays for the good of the team, always, while Ronaldo can fall into the 'I must do it all' mindset that so used to infuriate at OT.

Messi is going down next to Pele, Best and Maradona, like it or not.

Ronaldo will be alongside Platini, Beckenbauer, fat Ronaldo, Cruyff and so on, which is the level below...

There's a fair chance that Messi will eventually be declared the best ever, he's certainly on course for it...

IMO, obviously.

I still prefer Ronnie though.
He looks like an Ewok with alopecia wearing a chemo wig ffs.

Ronnie and his abs all day for me. :bi:

Unread 25-05-2011, 03:43 PM
fix up look SHARPE

£#%&! me i hate this

when i think back to 08/09 all i think about is rome.

if we'd have got knocked out in the last 16 but gone on to win number nineteen, we'd have all been happy and considered it a successful season.

it'll be such a shame if we lose on saturday because it will take the shine on what we've achieved this season and it'll be all we think about all summer.
Closed Thread