When wotsit hit the bar ..... Thought it was all over then :shakehead:

Unread 26-05-2015, 08:48 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

Still got me ticket .

Terrible game for the first 91 minutes

When wotsit hit the bar ..... Thought it was all over then :shakehead:
Remember getting train from La Ramblas - My old man was with me - it was difficult to get in ground due to numbers pushing and small turnstiles (we didn't kill anyone though) - I got in and my old man was at front but still outside with all pushing and shoving - Police started to pull batons to regain order - thought my old man was gonna get whacked as he was at front being pushed - next think he winked at me and went down as if he had passed out the police drag him into the stadium to make sure he was ok - they couldn't pull him anywhere else due to crowd - when in ground he got up and said "yeah just felt faint " showed his ticket and walked off with me into stadium! "Up there for thinking down there for dancing son!" he said as we walked in smiling! Leaving coppers and those pushing to get in behind!

Unread 26-05-2015, 08:51 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Remember getting train from La Ramblas - My old man was with me - it was difficult to get in ground due to numbers pushing and small turnstiles (we didn't kill anyone though) - I got in and my old man was at front but still outside with all pushing and shoving - Police started to pull batons to regain order - thought my old man was gonna get whacked as he was at front being pushed - next think he winked at me and went down as if he had passed out the police drag him into the stadium to make sure he was ok - they couldn't pull him anywhere else due to crowd - when in ground he got up and said "yeah just felt faint " showed his ticket and walked off with me into stadium! "Up there for thinking down there for dancing son!" he said as we walked in smiling! Leaving coppers and those pushing to get in behind!
so he jibbed in with a ticket? Explains a lot tbh,

Unread 26-05-2015, 08:53 AM
shenwen

In the days that followed, lost both my ticket and the poster I spent 15 minutes cutting down from a Spanish lamp post.

Unread 26-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Pop

Greatest night of my life. After I tapped in that ball from Teddy everything just became a blur.

Unread 26-05-2015, 08:57 AM
forzagarza

Woke up the next morning feeling awful with David May on top of me

Unread 26-05-2015, 08:58 AM
guerreiro

Stayed in my flat in Piccadilly village on my own as I couldn't handle being around anyone; good decision for the first 90mins.

Unread 26-05-2015, 09:03 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

Greatest couple of weeks of my life without a doubt. Oh to be 20 years old again.

Think I paid £12 for my ticket (top tier Reds)
Cost £99 on the coach from Wigan including a accommodation
With it still being pesetas I think I only spent about £300 for the full trip.

Unread 26-05-2015, 09:07 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Greatest couple of weeks of my life without a doubt. Oh to be 20 years old again.

Think I paid £12 for my ticket (top tier Reds)
Cost £99 on the coach from Wigan including a accommodation
With it still being pesetas I think I only spent about £300 for the full trip.
i went on a coach from Wigan that cost 99 quid

Something I never realised before is that the Brighton game was the same day in 1983. I think I remember more of that game

Unread 26-05-2015, 09:24 AM
forwardirektion

Had an applied macroeconomics exam and watched it in a pub in Huddersfield.

Great night, love my dad telling me how great a time he had and how i should have just sacked off uni every time he's been pissed for the last 16 years.

Unread 26-05-2015, 09:36 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Best £12 i've ever spent, no buzz like it. Thought for that price I was going to be up in the gods but for some reason was right behind the goals.

The day of the game in Barcelona was just magnificent, thousands of reds just having a great time, remember a huge Batman banner with Jaap Stam too going to the ground was a bit dodgy and just outside the stadium was mayhem with the Spanish police having plenty of pot shots but once you were in no feeling like it.

Unread 26-05-2015, 10:11 AM
no fun

Had planned a surprise holiday to Florida for the kids, departing the day after, so didn't go

The look on their little faces the morning after when we told them they were going to Florida.....priceless

If I knew what @#%&!s they'd turn out to be I'd have gone to barca instead

Unread 26-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Child of Darkness

Woman and bloke who used to sit in front of me in nt2 both had legit tickets . As they approached the ground a police checked his ticket . No problem then checked hers pronounced it fake and ripped it up in front of her eyes .

@#%&!z trick

Nwaf

Unread 26-05-2015, 10:17 AM
elephantstone

went from Gatwick to Ibiza after the fa cup final. Got the ferry to Barca the day before it was about an 11 hour sailing and it was about 50/50 united/Bayern but spirits were good.

Won the cup, had a few hours on the ramblas. Jibbed a coach to Benidorm with a few of the lads and a guy from widnes I met in Rotterdam in 91.

got the ferry from near Benidorm to Ibiza, spent a couple of days there and then back to Gatwick.

great days

Unread 26-05-2015, 10:34 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Best £12 i've ever spent, no buzz like it. Thought for that price I was going to be up in the gods but for some reason was right behind the goals.

The day of the game in Barcelona was just magnificent, thousands of reds just having a great time, remember a huge Batman banner with Jaap Stam too going to the ground was a bit dodgy and just outside the stadium was mayhem with the Spanish police having plenty of pot shots but once you were in no feeling like it.
How old are you TBR? Always thought of you being mid-twenties..?

Unread 26-05-2015, 10:34 AM
thatsfuctit

posted before, but last 3 minutes via a solitary UEFA pitch side camera

Unread 26-05-2015, 10:37 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
How old are you TBR? Always thought of you being mid-twenties..?
29 actually. Was 13/14 in Barca

Unread 26-05-2015, 11:16 AM
TheFatGoth

Great night.

That was the day I knew Man U were the team for me. Supported them ever since.

Unread 26-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Sparky***

I'm still convinced to this day that in the live tv coverage I saw Carsten jancker vomited on the pitch after the final whistle.
Closed Thread