United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-09-2019, 02:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
This Romero stuff is one of the most insane opinions in Fred history
For me it’s about not having a player in the starting line up that’s running his contract down and looking to sign a pre contract with another club in January.

(If that’s what he’s doing)

Next man up at the moment is Romero.

Ole pretty much did the same with Herrera so I’d expect the same with De gea tbh.

Unread 08-09-2019, 02:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
For me it’s about not having a player in the starting line up that’s running his contract down and looking to sign a pre contract with another club in January.

(If that’s what he’s doing)

Next man up at the moment is Romero.

Ole pretty much did the same with Herrera so I’d expect the same with De gea tbh.
It’s different with keepers. Get your monies worth and £#%&! him off.

Unread 08-09-2019, 02:39 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Keepers don't seem to maintain much consistency these days. Only one I can think of in recent years is Buffon, only age has seen him decline. Neuer was everyone's favourite GK at one point yet whenever I see him he lets a clanger in. If De Gea goes I'm not sure how we improve on him with the options out there.
It seems to be the case.

Maybe because the game has changed a bit lately with all this playing it out the back?

Remember the phrase sweeper keeper though? I'm sure that stretches back to the 90's. Could be wrong.

Unread 08-09-2019, 02:41 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

So just when we're staring to sort out the back-four, the 'keeper wants to £#%&! off.

If he leaves, United need to be spending the whole of this season scouting a replacement, as if history has taught us anything, it's that the years between Schmeichel retiring and Van Der Sar signing, were £#%&!ing painful.

How's that Donnarumma getting on?

Unread 08-09-2019, 02:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
So just when we're staring to sort out the back-four, the 'keeper wants to £#%&! off.

If he leaves, United need to be spending the whole of this season scouting a replacement, as if history has taught us anything, it's that the years between Schmeichel retiring and Van Der Sar signing, were £#%&!ing painful.

How's that Donnarumma getting on?
Been looking for the last year apparently..

Unread 08-09-2019, 02:45 PM
windy waffles

Time for the big man...

Unread 08-09-2019, 03:23 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Time for the big man...
He’s on loan at Sheff United pal, we’ll have to make do with Romero I’m afraid.

Unread 08-09-2019, 03:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
It seems to be the case.

Maybe because the game has changed a bit lately with all this playing it out the back?

Remember the phrase sweeper keeper though? I'm sure that stretches back to the 90's. Could be wrong.
It's definitely been popularised since Guardiola's Barcelona, that's for sure. What I don't understand is the insistence in playing out from the back when the keeper is a bit of a clown. Spurs are guilty of this, they try and go toe for toe with City and never look like the team on top.

Unread 08-09-2019, 03:29 PM
puressence

Can’t wait for Kasper to take over

Unread 08-09-2019, 04:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Can’t wait for Kasper to take over
I can, tbh.

Unread 09-09-2019, 02:17 PM
ScarFace

Unread 09-09-2019, 02:39 PM
Buck

Very good. Carried us for five years yet his first sign of iffy form had people wanting him dropped

You can't complain about lack of loyalty in football if you get the pitchforks out like that. De Gea more than anyone deserves credit.

Unread 09-09-2019, 02:54 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
£#%&! him.

Unread 09-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Very good. Carried us for five years yet his first sign of iffy form had people wanting him dropped

You can't complain about lack of loyalty in football if you get the pitchforks out like that. De Gea more than anyone deserves credit.
IMO it's more than iffy form and far from a pitchfork it's recognition that he has done more than anyone in else has for us in the last 6 years or so and maybe that has taken his toll on him, he has played out of his skin some seasons and we still haven't gotten close to the top so he might as well revert to the mean. Don't think anyone would begrudge him going to live in a nicer place with a chance of challenging for the big trophies.

Unread 09-09-2019, 02:57 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
£#%&! him.

Unread 09-09-2019, 02:59 PM
windy waffles

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Reported.

Unread 09-09-2019, 03:35 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
IMO it's more than iffy form and far from a pitchfork it's recognition that he has done more than anyone in else has for us in the last 6 years or so and maybe that has taken his toll on him, he has played out of his skin some seasons and we still haven't gotten close to the top so he might as well revert to the mean. Don't think anyone would begrudge him going to live in a nicer place with a chance of challenging for the big trophies.
That £#%&! kfc fella seems to have it in for him tbf

I understand what you're saying. But him renewing is clarity. I wouldn't begrudge him for wanting to move on but he's never outwardly pushed for it when other players do. Maybe he's seen Ole start a rebuild process of the squad while previous managers just talked of it and buys into it...?

Unread 09-09-2019, 03:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Personally I never complain about lack of loyalty in football in terms of players wanting to leave as it’s nonsense, but with De Gea we don’t owe it to him to give him a 5year contract on silly wages when his form has dropped just because nobody wants him any more.

Extend him for a couple of years and if he’s not happy with that £#%&! him. The De Gea of the last 12 months doesn’t warrant £290k pw until he’s 35. If we had judged a 29 year old Sanchez on more than his past glories we may not have made the worst transfer in the modern era.

Unread 09-09-2019, 03:49 PM
d_knight

Quote:

Yes let's continue using him and let him perform those clangers.
Let's continue to use him even though his form has dropped from world's best to not worth to be in United's net.
But hey ho as long as we're loyal to him for his early performances (even though he did want to go Madrid) everything will be unicorns and rainbows

Unread 09-09-2019, 04:01 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Yes let's continue using him and let him perform those clangers.
Let's continue to use him even though his form has dropped from world's best to not worth to be in United's net.
But hey ho as long as we're loyal to him for his early performances (even though he did want to go Madrid) everything will be unicorns and rainbows
I hate to repeat myself but again I ask who we replace him with? There really aren't many options out there.
Closed Thread