United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2019, 02:46 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
It's embarrassing. I don't have too much of an issue with him posting it on his own SM , that's the way these lot roll, but the club posting it is just pathetic.

We have family over from Canada currently, I'm taking my 9 y/o nephew to his first game tomorrow. Herrera is one of his favourites out of this bunch of shit@#%&!s. Poor lad is going to be devastated when he hears this news.
Am sure seeing Youngy and the lads will put a smile back on his face.

Unread 11-05-2019, 02:53 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Am sure seeing Youngy and the lads will put a smile back on his face.
That and Pogba ambling round with his CBA face on will definitely cheer him up.

Unread 11-05-2019, 02:53 PM
ScarFace

On of the few players we shouldn't let go. Sad.

Wouldn't be an issue if we were a normal big club who'd replace him with somebody better or at least equal...we won't.

Unread 11-05-2019, 03:31 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Had about 10 good games.

Now he wants £200k a week.
Because of the contracts dished out to others. Same reason rashford and de gea are making demands. We’ll probably lose those too if united now decide to make a stand. We just get left with the dross.

Quote:
He's not been shown the door. His contract has run out and the club aren't willing to pay him more than he's worth.
Why are they not willing to pay him more than he’s worth given they’ve just done exactly that with the last 5 or 6 contract renewals? Why didn’t they make the stand with the dross who weren’t in demand and so can’t earn similar wages elsewhere?

Instead they’re making a stand with a player who actually had a decent attitude, good character, organised the team around him and seemed a bit of a leader within the squad. In doing so they are also increasing the likelihood de gea feels even more ill will towards those in charge of the club, and no doubt following Herrera out as a result. As if we don’t already have enough players to £#%&!ing replace. A number of whom have just been given pay rises way above their worth.

United’s contract strategy in recent years has lead to overpaying Sanchez way above everyone else, and allowed fellaini to bluff 200k a week out of woodward by running his contract down. That’s created a dynamic where every player wants huge raises and are willing to bluff Woodward in the same way. That dynamic will end up with united keeping the dross and losing the in demand players unless woodward caves. Doesn’t seem to have been the best strategy to adopt to me. But I’m no strategic financial genius like woodward.

Why wasn’t woodward able to foresee the consequences of his contract decisions in the previous 18 months on future negotiations? That’s not hard to see. And clearly it was a poor strategy if they are now deciding to make a stand at just the wrong moment. Total mismanagement.

We just need the right manager though.

Quote:
This is the gutting out and starting again.
For the sixth summer running. The shite is still here.

Unread 11-05-2019, 03:40 PM
TopFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Depends. If you support Liverpool or Spurs then you’ve come to the right place. United? Not so much.
No some of us just understand football better than others. If you think Herrera is going to be a player that will help get us back to the top then there's no talking to you.

Unread 11-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Couldn’t really give a £#%&!. Did Noble carry him there?

Just a shame we’ve decided to show some balls after signing even shitter @#%&!s to new contracts
It’s not showing balls though is it. It’s creating a mess with previous deals that means united can’t afford to pay what our more in demand players are asking as a consequence. It’s a forced reaction to a mess that was self created. United will continue to agree inflated new contracts with the shitter players.

Unread 11-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Because of the contracts dished out to others. Same reason rashford and de gea are making demands. We’ll probably lose those too if united now decide to make a stand. We just get left with the dross.

Agreed. I said as much further on in the post.

Why are they not willing to pay him more than he’s worth given they’ve just done exactly that with the last 5 or 6 contract renewals? Why didn’t they make the stand with the dross who weren’t in demand and so can’t earn similar wages elsewhere?

perhaps their demands weren't as high? Who knows. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they should be getting new deals either. Two wrongs don't make a right though. Hopefully this is applied across the board now.

Instead they’re making a stand with a player who actually had a decent attitude, good character, organised the team around him and seemed a bit of a leader within the squad. In doing so they are also increasing the likelihood de gea feels even more ill will towards those in charge of the club, and no doubt following Herrera out as a result. As if we don’t already have enough players to £#%&!ing replace. A number of whom have just been given pay rises way above their worth.

An attitude where he is willing to leave the club he supposedly loves unless his demands are met. Again, I don't mind him, but if him first pumping and pointing is a sign of the standard of character we have then it's another reminder of the drop in standards. Young and Jones work hard too.
United’s contract strategy in recent years has lead to overpaying Sanchez way above everyone else, and allowed fellaini to bluff 200k a week out of woodward by running his contract down. That’s created a dynamic where every player wants huge raises and are willing to bluff Woodward in the same way. That dynamic will end up with united keeping the dross and losing the in demand players unless woodward caves. Doesn’t seem to have been the best strategy to adopt to me. But I’m no strategic financial genius like woodward.

completely agree

Why wasn’t woodward able to foresee the consequences of his contract decisions in the previous 18 months on future negotiations? That’s not hard to see. And clearly it was a poor strategy if they are now deciding to make a stand at just the wrong moment. Total mismanagement.

because he's frighteningly short sighted. Not ideal timing, but better than not at all.

We just need the right manager though.

For the sixth summer running. The shite is still here.

Unread 11-05-2019, 03:59 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Sanchez only gets paid what he does because of the weird nature of the swap deal with Mkhitaryan. Jose clearly wanted him, and this was what it took to get him. No way Aaron Ramsay is getting 400k a week at Juventus if there was a normal transfer fee involved.
I refuse to believe Juve are paying that as an actual wage as part of their wage structure. It may be the average figure when signing on fees and such are taken into account, given he’s a free transfer, but they don’t strike me as a club stupid enough to £#%&! up their wage structure like that for Aaron Ramsey. Ronaldo or Messi, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
because he's frighteningly short sighted. Not ideal timing, but better than not at all.
I agree with the idea of not overpaying and making a stand. So long as it’s applied consistently with all contracts from now on. But I don’t think it will be. I think he’s just created an unworkable situation where a number of our better players are pissed off and united can’t afford to match their demands.

I hope it is a change, but if it is I don’t think the man who created the need to change strategy should be the one to carry it out. Especially as he’s the one who couldn’t apparently foresee the knock on effects of deals such as fellaini and Sanchez. He never seems capable of considering the effect of his financial actions on social dynamics within the club. They really should factor into his financial calculations in making a decision.

Unread 11-05-2019, 04:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
always liked him. one of the last players i'd have sold out of this current lot.

united
But that's the point, he's also one of the few United players any decent club would actually want

Unread 11-05-2019, 05:46 PM
jem

herrera has a good attitude and I like him. of course he isn't good enough for united. however, he has often been our best outfield player. so, that's where we are. someone who isn't good enough is still better than everyone else.

if I were going to shoot ten players, herrera wouldn't even have to think about hiding under a desk.

Unread 11-05-2019, 10:27 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
herrera has a good attitude and I like him. of course he isn't good enough for united. however, he has often been our best outfield player. so, that's where we are. someone who isn't good enough is still better than everyone else.

if I were going to shoot ten players, herrera wouldn't even have to think about hiding under a desk.
Why are you a shit shot pal?

Unread 12-05-2019, 01:33 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Why are you a shit shot pal?
Bad hands I'd imagine.

Unread 12-05-2019, 01:38 AM
ScarFace

Unread 12-05-2019, 08:08 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
hugs

Unread 12-05-2019, 12:37 PM
barca99

Goodbye you @#%&!.

Unread 12-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
£#%&!ing state of united's players these days

Unread 04-06-2019, 10:54 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
"I think a key individual here is Ander Herrera, who has now left under freedom of contract. He was in a similar situation to De Gea in that he was asking for a new deal,”

“I can tell you from more than one source, my information is that Herrera was actually proposed a pay cut by Manchester United to stay at the club – contrary to what you’ll have seen elsewhere, that he was demanding a massive increase to stay at the club.

“What actually happened, I’m reliably told, is they offered him a pay cut. He felt they disrespected him and then entered into negotiations with other clubs, including Paris St-Germain, he agreed a contract with Paris St-Germain and left.

“It has been noted amongst Manchester United’s playing group that players like Chris Smalling or Phil Jones, English players, have been given pay rises and substantial long-term deals to stay at the club.”

Unread 04-06-2019, 10:58 PM
Switching Off

Utter £#%&!ing mess and it's not getting any better. By the end of this they'll have destroyed Solskjaer. £#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Unread 04-06-2019, 11:04 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Woodward is a @#%&!, our owners are @#%&!s but that’s just hearsay PR bullshit.

Unread 05-06-2019, 08:14 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Utter £#%&!ing mess and it's not getting any better. By the end of this they'll have destroyed Solskjaer. £#%&!ing @#%&!s.
It destroyed Moyes (wasn't exactly a challenge to be fair).

It practically destroyed LVG, turned him even more insane than he already was, and publicly humiliated him by kicking him out onto his arse while he was still celebrating winning the FA Cup.

And it would've destroyed Mourinho if the squad and board didn't prove him right about most things before the season ended.

Solksjaer doesn't stand a chance, the poor sod
Closed Thread