United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2020, 08:48 PM
windy waffles

Subscribed to this today as it seems quite a lot of news breaks on there.

£1 per month for six months is decent. £7.99 after that is a bit steep though.

Some great content.

Unread 15-09-2020, 08:59 PM
Ethers

Yeah I’ve done the quid a month deal too, there’s some decent articles on there tbf. The lack of adverts, pop up videos etc is actually heaven

Unread 15-09-2020, 09:22 PM
Switching Off

Can somebody repost that 4 page article on how they paint the lines on the pitch?

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:48 PM
pedr0

Good article on there last week about "why left footed centre backs are so in demand"

Unread 04-01-2021, 12:50 PM
armchair

Jesus Christ

Quote:
IT consultant Mark Jones lives a short distance from Old Trafford and says he used to work for Manchester United. He tweets about club transfers under the name Mack The Knife, and claims “blue tick” Twitter accounts of established journalists can sometimes be less reliable than people like him.

“I have a large circle of friends in the footballing world, be it ex-players to people that cut the grass,” he tells The Athletic. “I’m not a journalist, so any gossip I hear from less credible-placed friends isn’t double-sourced like a journalist would, so when some information comes to nothing, I tend to get reminded in a somewhat harsh way by some Twitter users.”

For a club like Manchester United, there is a huge global audience for transfer gossip. In the days before the last window closed in October, Sancho’s move from Borussia Dortmund that never happened was one of the top trending topics around the world.

But this frenzied appetite for information can have a dark side, according to Jones, who says transfer news is “like a drug” to some fans. “Twitter is a toxic place. I am often met with responses telling me where to go if certain transfers don’t materialise,” he says.

“I’ve even had death threats, so you need a thick skin, but seeing as this isn’t a livelihood for me, I don’t take it personally or let it affect me.”

Unread 04-01-2021, 01:14 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Jesus Christ
wow .. biggest transfer wind up merchant around not jesus btw

Unread 04-01-2021, 02:16 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Jesus Christ
Twitter chancer actually confesses to being Twitter chancer.

Wonder what Radio Del Fuego have to say about it?

Unread 04-01-2021, 02:44 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Twitter chancer actually confesses to being Twitter chancer.

Wonder what Radio Del Fuego have to say about it?
Ironically have more sources.

Unread 04-01-2021, 02:49 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Jesus Christ
Didn't he used to post on the other place...?

Mack the Knife, not Jesus...

Unread 04-01-2021, 06:19 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Didn't he used to post on the other place...?

Mack the Knife, not Jesus...
Yes. Don't think he liked me. I presumed he was mobs mate.

Unread 15-01-2021, 05:33 PM
Chris Quayd

And the day before Kyrie Irving’s absence began was Jan. 6, a day that will live in American infamy, when supporters of President Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol in a revolt against the government.

Full disclosure: The day that happened, chief editors at The Athletic offered all employees the chance to step away from work that night, if emotions over what we all watched transpire on TV from Washington were too much.

Unread 15-01-2021, 06:20 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
And the day before Kyrie Irving’s absence began was Jan. 6, a day that will live in American infamy, when supporters of President Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol in a revolt against the government.

Full disclosure: The day that happened, chief editors at The Athletic offered all employees the chance to step away from work that night, if emotions over what we all watched transpire on TV from Washington were too much.

I think most journalists were offered the day off to be fair. Not something they should have to contend with.
Closed Thread