United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-02-2019, 04:30 PM
dunk

Unread 09-02-2019, 05:40 PM
ScarFace

This is 100% happening for lots of great reasons & probably some snide ones ( he's easy & cheaper )

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...n-utd-15806420

As long as he plays this kinda football, Ole can't lose

Unread 09-02-2019, 05:51 PM
dunk

His thoughts on how to improve and the transfer strategy are perfect imo.

Unread 09-02-2019, 06:25 PM
silv

They all call him Ole not gaffer.

I wonder if he has said they can call him that or if it will come in time

Unread 09-02-2019, 06:28 PM
Mr_Ed

I’m slightly worried about Ole’s comments about spending and maximising the capabilities of the existing squad though - forgive me for going slightly off topic

Unread 09-02-2019, 06:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I’m slightly worried about Ole’s comments about spending and maximising the capabilities of the existing squad though - forgive me for going slightly off topic
You have to be realistic. We can’t replace 8 or 9 players in a window. We’re going to have to do it gradually and supplement from the ranks.

Unread 09-02-2019, 06:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You have to be realistic. We can’t replace 8 or 9 players in a window. We’re going to have to do it gradually and supplement from the ranks.
Yeah agree with this...

But I do worry with players like Young, Smalling, Jones etc signing contract extensions that Woodward and co think we don’t need to spend money and Ole can make this squad champions and challenge for the champions league.

It was a worry of mine long before we sacked Mourinho that we’d more than likely go for a younger coach next and hope he won’t rock the boat too much when it came to lack of transfers.

Unread 09-02-2019, 06:35 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

He's told them to always call Fergie the gaffer

Unread 09-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Agree, particularly along with this week's new contracts

Unread 09-02-2019, 06:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yeah agree with this...

But I do worry with players like Young, Smalling, Jones etc signing contract extensions that Woodward and co think we don’t need to spend money and Ole can make this squad champions and challenge for the champions league.

It was a worry of mine long before we sacked Mourinho that we’d more than likely go for a younger coach next and hope he won’t rock the boat too much when it came to lack of transfers.
Nah, it’s pragmatism. If they let all those players go then they’ll be rushing to bring replacements it. Giving them contracts gives the time to identify and bring in long term replacements, or gives young ‘uns like Dalot, Chong and Greenwood time to develop.

Would love to see us bring in 6-7 but the market is just too high, 2-3 quality additions would make all the difference, then offload those who are surplus afterwards.

Unread 09-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Mr_Ed

The squad isn’t good enough though to challenge on all fronts. As long as we continue to strengthen.

I’ll take some incremental squad enhancements than big ticket signings

Unread 09-02-2019, 06:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Nah, it’s pragmatism. If they let all those players go then they’ll be rushing to bring replacements it. Giving them contracts gives the time to identify and bring in long term replacements, or gives young ‘uns like Dalot, Chong and Greenwood time to develop.

Would love to see us bring in 6-7 but the market is just too high, 2-3 quality additions would make all the difference, then offload those who are surplus afterwards.
Hope so, but I don’t trust Woodward at all!

Unread 09-02-2019, 06:52 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Hope so, but I don’t trust Woodward at all!
Could always use the budget in a more shrewd fashion and spread it a bit more. Once new players arrive the existing ones can be phased out and moved on. Evolution rather than revolution.

Unread 09-02-2019, 07:07 PM
Cream

Quote:
Could always use the budget in a more shrewd fashion and spread it a bit more. Once new players arrive the existing ones can be phased out and moved on. Evolution rather than revolution.

Unread 09-02-2019, 07:07 PM
dunk

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
No selfies, off topic.

Unread 09-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

The coaching staff seem to carry equal status. Intense conflabs after goals with him mostly listening.

£#%&! it, works.

Unread 09-02-2019, 07:25 PM
puressence

Ole agents with glazer. Announce ole

Unread 09-02-2019, 07:31 PM
Zorg

Quote:
We need to evolve, not...revolve

Unread 09-02-2019, 08:04 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
That viewpoint flies in the face of Woodward and his apparent desire to sign Worldies though..
I desire Amy Adams, not happening though.

Much like Ed and his worldies.

Unread 09-02-2019, 08:04 PM
AK14

Quote:
That viewpoint flies in the face of Woodward and his apparent desire to sign Worldies though..
Last summer we spent 70m?

That’s absolute peanuts in today’s market tbf, perhaps he’s been told there’s no money for a major overhaul and that’s why we’re playing hardball over a couple of million for the likes of Darmian while offering the likes of Jones five year contracts?

Might be the reason he’s looking for a director of football, someone that can identify talent before they make it big meaning we can get them on the cheap?
Closed Thread