United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:19 PM
AK14

Default Team v Wolves

We thinking the same team?

Wolves love to sit back and counter (or they did against us last season?) so I’d be a little worried with the midfield three that started against Chelsea starting this one tbh?

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:20 PM
dunk

Would deffo consider Matic for Pereira.

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Would deffo consider Matic for Pereira.
That’s what I was thinking but then his pace against the counter would leave us with loads of problems imo?

Maybe The Scottish Player playing a more disciplined role in front of the back four will be enough? We’d probably miss his energy then though...

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:34 PM
woody78

Our midfield 3 will be a worry against most teams.
Would prefer Fred to pereirra.

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:35 PM
dunk

Was considering suggesting Fred, not sure what he’s bringing this season yet though, having missed most of pre-season and not exactly inspiring confidence.

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:38 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We thinking the same team?

Wolves love to sit back and counter (or they did against us last season?)so I’d be a little worried with the midfield three that started against Chelsea starting this one tbh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
That’s what I was thinking but then his pace against the counter would leave us with loads of problems imo?

Maybe The Scottish Player playing a more disciplined role in front of the back four will be enough? We’d probably miss his energy then though...
When George Carlin said to question everything this wasn't what he meant.

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Patty_b

Perreira > Matic every day for me.

I'd love to Lingard out of the team for Gomes, but I don't think that will happen. I reckon it will be the same team.

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
When George Carlin said to question everything this wasn't what he meant.
His lager taste like shit so £#%&! him.

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Was considering suggesting Fred, not sure what he’s bringing this season yet though, having missed most of pre-season and not exactly inspiring confidence.
Wasnt even in the squad v Chelsea.

I can only see one potential change, Matic for Pereira.

And I wouldn't make it.

Seems pointless pointing out the shortcomings of the midfield now when considering selection. Its pogba, The Scottish Player and a weakness.

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:08 PM
Whiteside onside

Matic is way too slow for this game.

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:13 PM
NegativeNorris

I think leave it as it is tbh. We don't have anything to make it better really, and there's plenty of potential for them to improve further as they get more games under their belt. The problem against Chelsea was more from the lack of support for the full backs from Rashford and Lingard. Chelsea only looked threatening when they targeted the full backs.

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:15 PM
dunk

Yeah, but Pereira is shit..

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Could see us trying to match them up with three at the back. Keep the same midfield but drop Jesse for a chuckle brother. The FA £#%&!ed them with this game three days before they play in Italy so really they should play at a lower tempo.

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:33 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Perreira > Matic every day for me.

I'd love to Lingard out of the team for Gomes, but I don't think that will happen. I reckon it will be the same team.
I've been a Perreira fan from the start but that first hour at Chelsea he was out of his depth; couldn't read the game, couldn't anticipate where the ball would be and was glacial in his movements, couldn't keep up. At least Matic knows his limitations and offers some protection to the defence.

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
I've been a Perreira fan from the start but that first hour at Chelsea he was out of his depth; couldn't read the game, couldn't anticipate where the ball would be and was glacial in his movements, couldn't keep up. At least Matic knows his limitations and offers some protection to the defence.
Agree. He doesn’t know how to play football most of the time. Ridiculous technical quality but would never fully trust him.

Unread 17-08-2019, 07:34 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Agree. He doesn’t know how to play football most of the time. Ridiculous technical quality but would never fully trust him.
Steady on.

Unread 17-08-2019, 07:56 AM
DuanePipe

I think what will happen in this game is Wolves will probably...<hang on> can you even hear me?

Unread 17-08-2019, 08:03 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
I think what will happen in this game is Wolves will probably...<hang on> can you even hear me?

Unread 17-08-2019, 08:11 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Unread 17-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Closed Thread