United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He will and he will love every minute of it.
Who could blame him.

Just glad our board backed the likes of Pogba, Shaw and Martial over him 18 months ago tbf...

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Baron

The £#%&!ing enormous void in the middle of the park is quite a problem. A striker & a central midfielder that can pass it would be a hell of an upgrade on what we have. I’m onboard with the way we’re revamping, but we need better footballers to come in as starters - badly need a leader in the middle of the pitch.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Keane said these players would get him sacked. Looks a bit sagey.
He wasn’t the only one.

They’ll do the same to the next bloke through the door too.

With help from the muppets running club obvs.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Red Santos

We have a squad full of squad players

where we stand in the league doesnt surprise me.

How Mourinho amassed 81 points with most of this lot is staggering.

Others who have stepped in since like Peirera and Fred are simply just not good enough.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Very Keane thing to say, but I don't think this is a bad group. Ole got rid of a couple of the more self-indulgent ones.

Those guys seem honest and want to do well. There's a clear limit on what they can achieve, but it's hard to see what Ole is contributing.
After getting ripped apart in midfield by a promoted team a week ago, never in a million years did I think he’d do it again. Wasn’t it as clear as day to everyone who’s ever watched a game of football that they were woefully inadequate? What did he think was going to happen if our forwards couldn’t find an early goal or two, and how do you keep defending these decisions without looking a fool?

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Dasilvatwins

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He wasn’t the only one.
Tbf maybe martial is the only one who looks like downs tools. Our players are shit. Thats all it is. They need a system that lets them get away with being shit but still gets results. until we sign 3/4 players and the core of the team is changed. Macguire AWB and james is a start. Theyre an improvement on the shit@#%&!s theyve replaced and thats what we need now.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:11 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Do you think we’ll ever have a Brazilian in the team that isn’t utter £#%&!?
All that talent and we end up with a Brazilian worst 11

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
All that talent and we end up with a Brazilian worst 11
Dont think anderson was that bad. He probably walk into this team and captain it

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos

Others who have stepped in since like Peirera and Fred are simply just not good enough.
He didn’t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Who could blame him.

Just glad our board backed the likes of Pogba, Shaw and Martial over him 18 months ago tbf...
Turn it in you £#%&!ing #@&%!. Go and support Mourinho if he means that much to you the club is well shut of the @#%&! and it won’t be long until Spurs are in the same situation.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:26 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos

I seem to recall a lot of complainants that he wasn't getting enough out of the squad as well.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Well, he’s got rid of a couple of indulgent ones and brought in better ones, and will continue to do so. So that’s at least one thing he’s contributing that previous managers didn’t.
Questionable tbh. Not convinced Maguire is anything special and AWB appears to be extremely basic on the ball for a £50m full-back.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:30 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I seem to recall a lot of complainants that he wasn't getting enough out of the squad as well.
Quite a few posts of how they’d rather watch us draw games 2-2 and 3-3 too.

Seems many people have got their wish tbh.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
After getting ripped apart in midfield by a promoted team a week ago, never in a million years did I think he’d do it again. Wasn’t it as clear as day to everyone who’s ever watched a game of football that they were woefully inadequate? What did he think was going to happen if our forwards couldn’t find an early goal or two, and how do you keep defending these decisions without looking a fool?
Starting to think the only thing that can save Ole long term is improving his own staff. But even that feels like avoiding an issue.

When our midfield has been overrun this season, it's so often been by inferior midfield players to even our own. There's a quality issue there for sure. The Scottish Player, Fred and Pereira are only going to get you so far. But there's no structure there.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
He didn’t.

Turn it in you f***ing #@&%!. Go and support Mourinho if he means that much to you the club is well shut of the c*** and it won’t be long until Spurs are in the same situation.
Grow up.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:32 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
He didn’t.

Turn it in you f***ing #@&%!. Go and support Mourinho if he means that much to you the club is well shut of the c*** and it won’t be long until Spurs are in the same situation.
I don’t think he’s supporting Mourinho, he’s just calling out a shit squad for what it is, no? We are in a dire state but just because the symptoms are at their worst doesn’t mean that the rot didn’t set in years ago. I don’t think Ole will last the season, I don’t want him to leave but our club is run like a joke and I’m not sure I can see much changing. If we go into the NY and top 4 is looking ever less likely then Woodward will panic.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:35 PM
redhegemony

Playing in short flashes. We need a better planned style of play. Surprised he waited so long to take Mata off he can't cope with the pace.

Needs to maybe gamble and bring in Garner and Greenwood. Martial was disappointing but so were many.

Our set piece delivery is terrible.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I don’t think he’s supporting Mourinho, he’s just calling out a shit squad for what it is, no? We are in a dire state but just because the symptoms are at their worst doesn’t mean that the rot didn’t set in years ago. I don’t think Ole will last the season, I don’t want him to leave but our club is run like a joke and I’m not sure I can see much changing. If we go into the NY and top 4 is looking ever less likely then Woodward will panic.
We will soon very possibly be on our fourth manager since he arrived - and he will still be here. Almost as good at dodging responsibility for his actual actions as the £#%&!ing Tories

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Ah yes, yet another young player to rely on despite hardly ever playing at this level.
In an injury crisis and Vs. a player we absolutely know can’t play the position? Yes.

At the very least it would show that the manager knows what doesn’t work and who is clearly not up to it and is trying hard to find a solution rather than brainlessly going back to what we know doesn’t work. Lingard on to unlock the door? Shaw on to up the quality at left back? A week’s worth of training and defending like that?

The man’s doing a poor job right now, and I’m one of his supporters. To say otherwise is just delusional.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We will soon very possibly be on our fourth manager since he arrived - and he will still be here. Almost as good at dodging responsibility for his actual actions as the f***ing Tories
Glazers need to f*** off , or the share price needs to take a hit and they sit up and take notice. They wont replace him.right now as he is bringing in revenue

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
If we go into the NY and top 4 is looking ever less likely then Woodward will panic.
When has it ever looked likely this season?

The top 3 places are practically sewn up already by Liverpool, City and Leicester. 4th will be a battle between Chelsea and Spurs.

We are in the wilderness, and will be until the owners change. People complain about the lack of structure on the pitch, but it's the lack of structure in the club's establishment that is the problem. We're run as a business, not as a football club designed to win trophies, hence why we make a lot of money, but win nothing.