United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2016, 12:37 PM
ashtonred

Default Shrewsbury, Midtjylland, Arsenal.

Three different competitions all in the space of a week.
I fear the worst.
Replay at OT, out of the Europa Cup and final nail in the top 4 coffin.
Louis out and we start from scratch.

Unread 21-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Three different competitions all in the space of a week.
I fear the worst.
Replay at OT, out of the Europa Cup and final nail in the top 4 coffin.
Louis out and we start from scratch.
We'll win tomorrow, win on Thursday and they'll spend the build to Arsenal convincing us that all is well again.

We might even get something off Arsenal....but then another disaster will slap us in the face, because we're weak and inconsistent, and the whole merry cycle will start again.

There is always an untenable point, but my guess is he'll do just enough to keep the vultures at bay until the summer.

Unread 21-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Lok

We'll beat Shrewsbury and progress against Midtylland. They're awful teams and no matter how shit we are we wont get beaten.

Arsenal is anyone's guess. We've mostly done ok against the better teams so a win wouldn't be shocking.

I fear that those results would buy LvG more time. He really should have been sacked this weekend (well months ago actually but that didn't happen).

Unread 21-02-2016, 12:51 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
We'll win tomorrow, win on Thursday and they'll spend the build to Arsenal convincing us that all is well again.

We might even get something off Arsenal....but then another disaster will slap us in the face, because we're weak and inconsistent, and the whole merry cycle will start again.

There is always an untenable point, but my guess is he'll do just enough to keep the vultures at bay until the summer.
The sad thing is we currently don't have the fitness levels to cope wth three games in a week so I can't subscribe to your positivity

Unread 21-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
The sad thing is we currently don't have the fitness levels to cope wth three games in a week so I can't subscribe to your positivity
I'm not positive about it. Not at all. We're just fortunate we're playing a league two side and a European non-enitity who I fully expect will shit themselves on the big stage.

The Arsenal game is an odd one because we raise our game for bigger games. And I we've progressed in both cups going into it, then we'll be positive.

I'm not surprised when we play well, but I have no faith that it can be sustained.

Having said all that, defeats in any of them wouldn't surprise me.

Unread 21-02-2016, 01:32 PM
believe

The Triple looking forward to the video. Three games in which Jose Mourinho turned the ship and sent United on to a famous Triple; Europa Cup, FA Cup and a champions league place

Unread 21-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Withers

Genuinely think we will win all three.

It's still £#%&!ed though.

Unread 21-02-2016, 01:39 PM
ziggyman17

Thumbs up

Quote:

This... Rinse and Repeat.......

Unread 21-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Red Al

VG has been unlucky with injuries but lucky with fixtures

Easy cl group but still £#%&!ed that up

if we would have played a half decent team instead of Derby(just as VG looked to be on the brink of the sack)we would be out the fa cup but that win bought him some time.
Rinse and repeat this Monday against a shit team
Rinse and repeat Thursday against a shit team.

The season could have been over by now had we not been so lucky with cup draws.

Unread 21-02-2016, 02:03 PM
puressence

Don't care

Unread 21-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Pop

Win all three then get beat by Watford at Trad Brick the following week.

And probably West Brom the week after too.

Unread 21-02-2016, 02:17 PM
20 times

Arsenal will bottle it against us. I'm reasonably confident we won't lose to that bunch of fannies

£#%&! knows about the other two

£#%&! off LVG

Unread 21-02-2016, 02:24 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Arsenal will bottle it against us. I'm reasonably confident we won't lose to that bunch of fannies

£#%&! knows about the other two

£#%&! off LVG
Not being funny but they absolutely cornholed us at their place when we had a better team to put out than we look likely to have now.

Not only are we likely to lose, but we'll have to suffer days of Arsenal, the wheels are absolutely definitely not going to fall off this time title warning headline.

If we're really lucky, the whole shit cake will be topped off by Fanny Welbeck shinning the winner in off the bar of the open net from three yards out then trying not to celebrate like a pound shop Denis Law.

Unread 21-02-2016, 02:31 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
I'm not positive about it. Not at all. We're just fortunate we're playing a league two side and a European non-enitity who I fully expect will shit themselves on the big stage.
The big stage? That's another concern. God knows what the attendance will be on Thursday but an half empty Old Trafford would surely dent the will of our players from the word go. We need to see off Shrewsbury with some style/panache to get us in the mood ahead of Thursday. Anything less than a win tomorrow night would totally screw our confidence for our subsequent two home games.

Unread 21-02-2016, 03:06 PM
jem

we'll beat shrewsbury and that's all we should be thinking about.

don't even know who will be available for the arsenal game.

Unread 21-02-2016, 03:18 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we'll beat shrewsbury and that's all we should be thinking about.
I wish I had your confidence after Thursday night. Our under 18's would have put on a better show.
Something is seriously wrong with the management/ first team squad at the moment.

Unread 21-02-2016, 03:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Something is seriously wrong with the management/ first team squad at the moment.
clearly.

what I meant was we would be shrewsbury if I were picking the team.

Unread 21-02-2016, 03:31 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Not being funny but they absolutely cornholed us at their place when we had a better team to put out than we look likely to have now.

Not only are we likely to lose, but we'll have to suffer days of Arsenal, the wheels are absolutely definitely not going to fall off this time title warning headline.

If we're really lucky, the whole shit cake will be topped off by Fanny Welbeck shinning the winner in off the bar of the open net from three yards out then trying not to celebrate like a pound shop Denis Law.
The defeat at the Emirates was relatively early in the season

Now the @#%&!s are in a title race, they're arses will drop at some point and Old Trafford has been a common place for that over the last few years

Unread 21-02-2016, 03:42 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
The defeat at the Emirates was relatively early in the season

Now the @#%&!s are in a title race, they're arses will drop at some point and Old Trafford has been a common place for that over the last few years
Wenger will come to OT looking to outwit vG. He probably will (even if Barca give his team a hiding). Arsenal will not win the PL though - it's going to Leicester.

Unread 22-02-2016, 10:16 PM
ashtonred

First skittle down - two to go.
On ....
Closed Thread