United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > MUFC Tickets and Travel
Closed Thread

Unread 18-06-2020, 07:40 AM
Big Norm

Default Season Ticket Transfer for a Game

Just got an email from the club that from 20/21 season ticket holders who can't attend a home game can forward it to a member in their network so they can go.

God knows when anyone can start going to games again but just getting first dibs in for me and Wee Norm as we're both members and try to get over a couple of times a season.

Tia.

Unread 18-06-2020, 07:42 AM
waynes ear's

suppose thats one way to bump membership sales given season ticket renewal deadline still hasnt been announced

Unread 18-06-2020, 07:56 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
suppose thats one way to bump membership sales given season ticket renewal deadline still hasnt been announced
True, although the supporters Trust has been calling for this for years.

I just let ours auto renew every year as Wee Norm digs the stuff in the packs and we've managed to get tickets for Champions League and Premier League games against the smaller teams a good few times. The discounts on merch are ok as well.

Unread 18-06-2020, 08:36 AM
no fun

What’s wrong with just handing your ST to someone and they give it you back after the game?

Unread 18-06-2020, 09:11 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
What’s wrong with just handing your ST to someone and they give it you back after the game?
They've pulled people before on that. You had to prove it was a family member or friend who gave it to you and no money exchanged hands.

Know a few boys who were knocked back and the season ticket holder threatened with a ban.

Unread 18-06-2020, 09:41 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
They've pulled people before on that. You had to prove it was a family member or friend who gave it to you and no money exchanged hands.

Know a few boys who were knocked back and the season ticket holder threatened with a ban.
Think there was a militant period when the went ott but seems to have died off?

I regulary borrow a concession ticket and haven't had problems... Know a part of the furniture steward who I think would get me out the sheet should ever get flagged up...

For peace of mind though with travelling over with a youngster fully understand not wanting even a tiny bit of anxiety...

Unread 18-06-2020, 09:57 AM
Big Norm

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Think there was a militant period when the went ott but seems to have died off?

I regulary borrow a concession ticket and haven't had problems... Know a part of the furniture steward who I think would get me out the sheet should ever get flagged up...

For peace of mind though with travelling over with a youngster fully understand not wanting even a tiny bit of anxiety...
To be honest I would always use the same 2 guys who are season ticket holders from here when I couldn't get tickets myself. I had their phone numbers and they knew the score if I got pulled and had to ring them to confirm we were mates and they gave me them for free.

Meant we very rarely got one of the big games obviously but as you say, didn't want any mither when the wee lad was with me.

I'm hoping that under this new system the season ticket holder gets refunded the face value for that game and the members pay it to use their seat.
Closed Thread