United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Chipsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC23 Henchasaurus
I'm not at all upbeat, defeat I can take, no £#%&!ing problem but we've got a load of gutless @#%&!s playing for us.

That was a surrender yesterday, Egg head got it right for them post match "we wanted it more" why doesn't Rooney keep his fat £#%&!ing mouth shut?

"Liverpools a bigger game for us" well guess what Wayne? Not for me, and nice one on motivating them because that's what Kompany was referring to when he said they wanted it more.

I'm supportive of Moyes but to send the same team out with the same formation into the second half lost us any hope whatsoever of coming back and the tactics of dropping deep and sitting off them were completely and utterly the wrong thing to do.

He's lucky that Sky are talking %@#$&!s about how magnificent city were (they really really weren't) and not focussing on his awful set up.

He will be right in the shit if we lose Wednesday with our fans being the way they are, seriously it's not far off his Forest moment already and he has to take a large portion of the blame.
Tbf i think he will take a huge amount of blame. He has to be given time and we all know he's been left with a massive amount of shit, the trouble is the same shit won the league last season! He'll relise soon enough that Young and Valencia are shit and that playing 442 away from home against a top 4 side doesn't work

Unread 23-09-2013, 09:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Well yeah, we have
I know

Unread 23-09-2013, 09:26 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I know

Unread 23-09-2013, 09:28 AM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipsauce
Tbf i think he will take a huge amount of blame. He has to be given time and we all know he's been left with a massive amount of shit, the trouble is the same shit won the league last season! He'll relise soon enough that Young and Valencia are shit and that playing 442 away from home against a top 4 side doesn't work
Ill give him time personally pal. Ill be there wed and ill get behind them as always but you watch the place if we lose. It will be the loudest display of boo'ing for 25 years.

I know things take time but its worrying that he never changed things yesterday, £#%&! me we were being overrun and he was like a rabbit in the headlights.

He definitely needs a full transfer window in which he's had time to identify and tap up his own targets and then some competency behind the scenes to help him bring those players in.

He's got until next Christmas for me and then I'm going to boo like Casper on Halloween night if we don't improve 100%

Unread 23-09-2013, 09:29 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipsauce
He should have realised against Liverpool that valencia and young are shocking .
It's quite worrying that he didn't imo

Unread 23-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Chipsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC23 Henchasaurus
Ill give him time personally pal. Ill be there wed and ill get behind them as always but you watch the place if we lose. It will be the loudest display of boo'ing for 25 years.

I know things take time but its worrying that he never changed things yesterday, £#%&! me we were being overrun and he was like a rabbit in the headlights.

He definitely needs a full transfer window in which he's had time to identify and tap up his own targets and then some competency behind the scenes to help him bring those players in.

He's got until next Christmas for me and then I'm going to boo like Casper on Halloween night if we don't improve 100%

Agree with most of that tbf

But although i do think he should have changed it at half time, once they went 3 and 4 up it was more a case of not letting it get worse IMO.If he'd brought Kagawa and Pea on and went all out we wouldn't have pulled 4 or 5 back without conceding a few and would have been looking like bigger @#%&!s (If that was possible)

Unread 23-09-2013, 09:57 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
He should have realised against Liverpool that valencia and young are shocking .
It's quite worrying that he didn't imo

He didn't start against Liverpool you £#%&!ing idiot. Came on and actually played okay.

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:03 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

He didn't start against Liverpool you £#%&!ing idiot. Came on and actually played okay.
Yes he did, he started on the wing, but went to right back when Joneseh got injured where he actually played pretty well.

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:05 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yes he did, he started on the wing, but went to right back when Joneseh got injured where he actually played pretty well.
Think you'll find Giggs played on the right that day and Valencia came on for Jones.

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:29 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
yes, in hindsight we should have played 4-5-1 yesterday to combat the midfield, but there were so many poor performances that you wonder if that would have even helped.

How we, the champions of England, fail to create goalscoring chances in games is something that is a worry. If we're so reliant on RvP then surely we should be looking to strengthen in that area or at least give the strikers we have got a chance. Welbeck, for all his "trying" is simply not good enough to spearhead United's attack and Rooney looks like he's being forced to play against his will, despite his efforts.

Valencia was more frustrating than Young for me yesterday, simply because of his refusal to get involved in anything whatsoever. I stopped commenting on his inability to go in for a 50/50 after about 20 minutes.
Welbeck was poor yesterday like everyone else but I fail to see how we can put the lack of chances we created down to Welbeck playing instead of Van Persie

Van Persie played up top against Chelsea and Liverpool and we created just as little going forward in those games
He maybe a world class centre forward but he needs service to score goals as he is not likely going to beat 2 or 3 players and smash one in

Our front options are very good, the problem is the service into them. If our front players were getting plenty of chances and missing them then we could have an issue with our front players but we are creating hardly any clear chances

Our last goal from open play in the league was Welbeck's lob in our opening game of the season. Now that is worrying

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Tumescent Throb

the reason it makes such a huge difference to have RvP up front is not just his touch and technique, it's the fact that he keeps the defence occupied and he keeps them honest - regardless of whether he's getting chance or not.

welbeck was poor from that first attack when he over-ran the ball, and even though Rooney kept fighting he won almost none of his battles with the City defence until long after the game was gone. We had no-one to hold the ball up at all, and when Rooney came short they were all over him because there was no real threat in behind. Welbeck is powerful and has great technique, but he's just not got the pace to use his strength. Hernandez has the pace but not the technique. Rooney has a bit of everything but has to be able to attack the ball if he's played right against the defence otherwise he's easy to engage and negate. RvP is the key to our attack. I said we needed a striker in the summer and everyone laughed. Just like they did last summer. You can't rip up a title winning team, but you must add fresh ideas to make sure the goals keep coming.

City were faster, sharper and pumped up and just hemmed us in. Our wingers were pinned back, our full-backs rarely got forward and when they did City were able to drag our centre-backs out of position very easily because they had fast players driving into the space behind. It didn't help that Fellaini didn't know what £#%&!ing day it was either.

Basically it was a disaster. I can't remember the last time United conceded 3 times in 5 minutes at such a key period of the game either side of the break. I doubt it's ever happened in the last 20 years. Horrible. Just horrible.

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:59 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the reason it makes such a huge difference to have RvP up front is not just his touch and technique, it's the fact that he keeps the defence occupied and he keeps them honest - regardless of whether he's getting chance or not.

welbeck was poor from that first attack when he over-ran the ball, and even though Rooney kept fighting he won almost none of his battles with the City defence until long after the game was gone. We had no-one to hold the ball up at all, and when Rooney came short they were all over him because there was no real threat in behind. Welbeck is powerful and has great technique, but he's just not got the pace to use his strength. Hernandez has the pace but not the technique. Rooney has a bit of everything but has to be able to attack the ball if he's played right against the defence otherwise he's easy to engage and negate. RvP is the key to our attack. I said we needed a striker in the summer and everyone laughed. Just like they did last summer. You can't rip up a title winning team, but you must add fresh ideas to make sure the goals keep coming.

City were faster, sharper and pumped up and just hemmed us in. Our wingers were pinned back, our full-backs rarely got forward and when they did City were able to drag our centre-backs out of position very easily because they had fast players driving into the space behind. It didn't help that Fellaini didn't know what £#%&!ing day it was either.

Basically it was a disaster. I can't remember the last time United conceded 3 times in 5 minutes at such a key period of the game either side of the break. I doubt it's ever happened in the last 20 years. Horrible. Just horrible.
Yep.

Unread 23-09-2013, 11:21 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Look at the average positions from yesterday.

Evra Look at the safety first @#%&! behind him.

Unread 23-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

de gea's average position is a bit too high up the pitch

Unread 23-09-2013, 11:33 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
de gea's average position is a bit too high up the pitch
Surprised 'Ash' isn't behind him either.

Unread 23-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

That's tonight's £#%&! sorted..

Average positions useful..

Thanks for posting

Cheers

Unread 23-09-2013, 11:44 AM
woody78

Quote:

He still played young though .
That's pretty worrying tbh

Unread 23-09-2013, 11:50 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78

He still played young though .
That's pretty worrying tbh
He did.

He was shoe'd off again and we then had a shot.

Question needs to be asked, how bad is Nani in training?

Unread 23-09-2013, 11:57 AM
MJ Ramone

Still £#%&!ing seething tbh
West Brom at home next Saturday will most likely be a carbon copy of the Palace game.
Tricky Ash & Tone shimmying down the wings getting crosses in.
Nick it unconvincingly & Moyes will be purring about the Football we played.
just £#%&! off.

As I mentioned before, but it's worth flagging up again & is something Sparky & Parters touched on yesterday. How much you used to look forward to the 'big games'?
They're what it's all about.
You just dread the £#%&!ers now.
Over the last 3 months of last season & the first month or so of this one we've played Chelsea 4 times, City twice, Real Madrid twice + Liverpool & Arsenal.
Ten 'Big Games' in United's calender - we drew 4 & lost 6.
That's just not £#%&!ing good enough.
Too many shitehawk, bottle-job cowards in the side.
£#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Unread 23-09-2013, 11:58 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Still £#%&!ing seething tbh
West Brom at home next Saturday will most likely be a carbon copy of the Palace game.
Tricky Ash & Tone shimmying down the wings getting crosses in.
Nick it unconvincingly & Moyes will be purring about the Football we played.
just £#%&! off.

As I mentioned before, but it's worth flagging up again & is something Sparky & Parters touched on yesterday. How much you used to look forward to the 'big games'
They're what it's all about.
Over the last 3 months of last season & the first month or so of this one we've played Chelsea 4 times, City twice, Real Madrid twice + Liverpool & Arsenal.
Ten 'Big Games' in United's calender - we drew 4 & lost 6.
That's just not £#%&!ing good enough.
Too many shitehawk, bottle-job cowards in the side.
£#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Agreed.