United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Coracao

Arse seeing going on again

The selection of Valencia and Young makes sense tbf.

Both are good without the ball and providing cover for their full back. Both were instrumental in us being 2-0 up in this fixture last season as we took advantage of how narrow citeh were.

It was also embarrassing how easily Kagawa was knocked off the ball in midweek. Not what is needed today.

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:29 PM
red in cumbria

Kagawa still looked a bit off the pace in midweek, tbf - it would have been "a brave decision" to start him given that.

Still, not a terribly inspiring line-up - even given that the RvP news is a bummer Motes couldn't do much about.

Where is Rafael, btw??

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:29 PM
MUFC_91

Other thread said Anderson was starting, so I'm quite happy with that line up tbh.

Also said RVP was on the bench actually. What's going on here?

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:30 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Both are good without the ball and providing cover for their full back. Both were instrumental in us being 2-0 up in this fixture last season as we took advantage of how narrow citeh were.

It was also embarrassing how easily Kagawa was knocked off the ball in midweek. Not what is needed today.
I agree completely , but with Van Persie being out that only leaves us with one 'matchwinner' on the pitch in Rooney.
I'd have liked to have seen Nani to add a bit more craft to proceedings.

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Mr Castro

I'd take a draw. And the midfield seems set up to get one, it's not very exciting but it's one which can get a draw today with some luck. The problem i see happening is Welbeck becoming isolated because Rooney dropping back.

MagnificentSeven

it's worth pointing out that silva isn't even on the bench for them.

Sparky***

need to take advantage of any goals joe hart gives us

Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I agree completely , but with Van Persie being out that only leaves us with one 'matchwinner' on the pitch in Rooney.
I'd have liked to have seen Nani to add a bit more craft to proceedings.
How much football has Nani played since the end of last season? Not a great deal. Probably better coming off the bench if the situation needs him.

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:32 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
I'd take a draw. And the midfield seems set up to get one, it's not very exciting but it's one which can get a draw today with some luck. The problem i see happening is Welbeck becoming isolated because Rooney dropping back.
Surely Rooney will be up top?

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
it's worth pointing out that silva isn't even on the bench for them.
No absolutely not, can only see a loss

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Stickman

Fortunately city will come out to "play" so were going to get the ball in attacking positions. Just don't see us having the same edge (funnily) without Robin.

Pop

I'd take a 3-0 loss now tbh.

Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Surely Rooney will be up top?
He'll drop back from time to time, it's in his game.

Fellaini has become a lot more important now.

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:36 PM
sudored

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Kagawa still looked a bit off the pace in midweek, tbf - it would have been "a brave decision" to start him given that.

Still, not a terribly inspiring line-up - even given that the RvP news is a bummer Motes couldn't do much about.

Where is Rafael, btw??
Half fit kagawa or shit nani anyday over young.

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Pop

Have Quinn or Carragher ever seen Welbeck play?

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Neo

Can't wait until that moment in the 2nd half when we bring Cleverley on in midfield and stick Big Fellerz up top.

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:37 PM
MUFC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
He'll drop back from time to time, it's in his game.

Fellaini has become a lot more important now.
Just tell Young and Valencia to try get corners, it'll be easier for them than putting in decent crosses. Then aim every ball an Fellaini's head or chest. 5-0 United

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Barcabal

mad pat just laughing all way through

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Let me have a whinge. I'll always see my arse when young is in the side tbh. Agree re kagawa, in reality he had a fairly poor game (understandable being his first start of the season) and we need players on form for this.

But young is never on form.

Unread 22-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Pop

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal
mad pat just laughing all way through